Official 2013 Discuss The DraftThread

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
This thread is for talking about the draft during Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Even afterwards. I know we have the shoutbox but this thread is ideal so we can go back and read it and see everyone's thoughts and not have anyone get buried in the shoutbox.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
If a moderator could make this thread sticky and fix the title so there is a space between draft and thread, that would be great.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's such an interesting draft so far. Offensive/Defensive Linemen followed by a small, fast receiver. Just shows you how weak the top tier quarterback, receiver, running back and secondary talent is in this draft.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Lacy, Ogletree or Elam.

I'd be happy with either of these players. Hopefully one of them falls to us and we take them.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Kyle Long as the first round pick for the Bears? Long is a project, not a first rounder IMHO. Emery took a step back with this pick.

Love it.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks a lot FASTER than Jerel Worthy.... I'm excited now.

He's not undersized, at 6'4 he's about the right length and with his frame he could easily bulk up to the 290s without losing speed. Typically you want an NT around 330 pounds with a backup of a similar size. Then you need a 300-315 pounder for RDE(though he could play LDE) and then you want someone around 285-295 for LDE. Atleast one of your DLs need to be a pass rusher and I think Jones fits the bill. With his feet he'll be superb playing next to Matthews in passing situations and otherwise he'll be next to a very strong and physical Nick Perry, he'll be a good un for us.

Reaction score
I'm just relieved Ted didn't up and do something goofy, like drafting a Reciever/Center or Manti Teo - ugh! I could just imagine the taunts from vike/bear fans if we wound up with Teo....

(relieved)/Nice to see we addressed our interior pass rush and what not.

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On to the second round; I'm looking for Thompson to take the best OLB available. Even if Perry is healthy and as good as we hope, we need depth there - more than anything else, I think. If Sherrod is deemed healthy, we don't need an O Lineman this early. If they do go that route, it's a sign of big doubt about Sherrod.

Members online

Latest posts