Offical Game Day Thread: Packers @ Colts - 8/26: Win 24 - 21

Reaction score
GREAT KICK! The Colts vs. Packers game last year and this year were both exciting! This is why I love Mason. He can make kicks like that.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
GREAT KICK! The Colts vs. Packers game last year and this year were both exciting! This is why I love Mason. He can make kicks like that.

Except he still makes me nervous on 40 yarders, like the one he missed. But Vinitari missed one too, so we OK.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan Grant is overrated.

not in my perspective, I never felt he was a good RB...solid yes, if solid means he can run 25 times a game and get modest yardage...Grant is not a "power back" and he isn't a "dynamic back"...if Starks stays healthy he could be both of those

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not in my perspective, I never felt he was a good RB...solid yes, if solid means he can run 25 times a game and get modest yardage...Grant is not a "power back" and he isn't a "dynamic back"...if Starks stays healthy he could be both of those
There's all this hype that surrounds Grant.
And when he was out last year, fans and media wouldn't stop bringing him up even though the Pack was doing fine without him.
It's like "Shut up. We got this without Grant." Hell, I think we did better.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Sloppy game, but Rodgers looked on point-and jennings wasnt even playing. As far as grant and starks go theres no denying that starks looks more explosive. He can break tackles which grant seems to not be able to do. I think both will contribute to the offense this year, especially as the season goes on.
My biggest concerns this game were the offensive line, and sam sheilds. I think the o-line will be fine especially as the season goes on and they have time to work together. But sam shields is starting to worry me for sure. he hasnt looked too good all pre-season, and, there was a series where painter was targeting him and i think reggie wayne made a few catches while shields was covering him-back to back if I recall. And then there was that god awful mis- communication between shields, bush, and burnette that led to a touchdown. I just hope shields isnt gonna be a one hit wonder, cause last year he emerged as a very solid player that helped out the defense alot.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get the grant hate... I mean he was never a real special back, but he can hit the hole hard and move people. I think he did exactly that when he played tonight. With both of them going we should be able to wear down some defenses. However, neither are real special players. By that I mean they don't have amazing vision, moves, speed, quickness or the ability to be bulls... they just get the job done.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers made up for an overall sloppy game there with that picturesque ending. But a wins a win even in the preseason. And there were some bright spots..

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
1st half thoughts -

- Yes, the offensive line has not looked good this preseason but most of the pressure is coming from Dwight Freeney, who we're letting go one-on-one against Clifton almost every snap. The Colts also don't have to worry about our running game so they can tee off on the QB every time.

- One of those Freeney sacks was due to Starks whiffing on pass-protection, something Ryan Grant is pretty solid at. Although Starks does look good catching the ball and running guys over.

-Finley is one of the dirtiest red zone targets in the league. It really is unfair.

- I love that no-huddle but can we really run 40-50% of the time all season?

- Jarrett Bush still can't cover. Although the blown coverage was not his fault, that was Burnett.

- For all the success we had on offense, only 10 points is disappointing. If you're one of the highest-paid kickers in the league (Crosby), you need to be hitting 41-yard no-pressure kicks in a dome.

- The new kickoff rule will really benefit the Pack, our special-teams coverage has looked pretty solid throughout most of the preseason.

On a sidenote, Peyton is at worst a top 5 all-time QB. Indy wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs in any of the past 8 years without Manning.

Reaction score
All I can say is that this O-line is going to make it 2009 all over again if they don't do something. How many times did Rodgers get sacked? They made it look too easy.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No need to worry about Sam Shields. It's not like he was beat by some random dude. It is Reggie Wayne who is considered by most to still be a top 10 receiver. My question is why wasn't Tramon on him? I didn't watch the first quarter.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings is okay, just a bit nicked up. Would have played if a regular season game. No need to risk him here, when we wanted more looks at Chastin West, and the other youngsters.

Ryan Grant is fine. That OL was not opening up any holes for him....

Chad Clifton had a night to forget. He made Freeney look like God. Clifton has neutralized guys like Harrison and Allen and Demarcus Ware a lot better than he did vs Freeney last night.
Thank God Rodgers didn't get hurt on any of his sacks.... or any of his scrambles forward! Remember the concussion at Detroit he got? That could have happened again.... he needs to NOT be running in pre-season games.

Morgan Burnett validated all of you who voted for Peprah as who should be the starter. Peprah may not be as fluid or fast straight line as Peprah is, but Charlie doesn't blow coverages totally like Morgan did on the Reggie Wayne wide-open TD. We have enough ball-hawks back there with Collins, Woodson, Traymon, and Shields.
I'd prefer to keep Peprah starting while giving Burnett more time to learn..... that he doesn't have to bite like that last night. Cannot allow easy TDs like that.

Great to see Crosby get an attempt at a game-winner! Would have added more pressure if it came with us down 1 or 2 points instead of tied, but that was perfect to see the win on his foot at the end. He hasn't made one like that since his first game ever in 07 vs the Eagles.

OLB Vic So’oto, bidding to make the team as an undrafted free agent, had a sack that forced a fumble on the opening series of the third quarter, played good against the run and made some plays on special teams. I think this guy is currently our 3rd best OLB (with Zombo out).... Matthews.... Walden.... So' oto. He's better than Brad Jones already. Ricky Elmore is invisible out there. Lattimore has ability too, but he needs to add 15 lbs of muscle.

ILB DJ Smith, rookie, is gonna be a good one. He is #51 and you should have noticed him.

Finally, only Jordy (knee bruise, hopefully that is all it is... I worry it's related to that bursa-sac thing), and Jermichael (ankle) seemed to have gotten any injuries last night. That's the most important thing in these games.... we can't have guys dropping already.

Members online

Latest posts