Offical Game Day Thread: Packers @ Colts - 8/26: Win 24 - 21

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
one of our own will be at the game, thedrew, so he can give us a great first hand account of the game.

If I was a betting man I would be betting on the Packers. colts are 4-28 I think in preseason the past however many years.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I will be betting on this one for some easy money.

Too bad Peyton ain't playing, I would have loved to knock him down a few times.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the fast turf there with Freeney and Mathis and Jerry Hughes off the edges, this will provide a strong test for our OT's.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a warm up to give the Packers the feel of what it's going to be like to play in Lucas Field in February.
(And maybe the Colts too. Oh man. Wouldn't that be Epic? Pack vs Colts in the SB and Pack wins against the SB home team!)

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
The Colts are like an old washed up team.

Right now they are aged and at the end of their successful run.

What you see now is what you would have seen had the 49ers been run by idiots in the 1990's and never thought of replacing their older players.

They're still a good team but their time is running out, and they have benefited from playing one of the weakest divisions for so many years, but that is also changing.

I have a feeling that Manning will have a tough season this year, and we already know he looks like Favre throwing 4 and 5 interceptions a game without his starting lineup.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Manning out of this game for sure? I hope he plays. Kinda lame if we're playing Curtis Painter....not much to see from our backup CBs if he's just gonna throw into the ground. Something tells me Rodgers won't play much into the 2nd Quarter, their secondary really really struggled against the Rams and Redskins.......ouch. More time to see the rest of the roster so I guess that's not too shabby.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Colts are like an old washed up team.

Right now they are aged and at the end of their successful run.

What you see now is what you would have seen had the 49ers been run by idiots in the 1990's and never thought of replacing their older players.

They're still a good team but their time is running out, and they have benefited from playing one of the weakest divisions for so many years, but that is also changing.

I have a feeling that Manning will have a tough season this year, and we already know he looks like Favre throwing 4 and 5 interceptions a game without his starting lineup.
I agree with your thoughts about the Dolts and Manning.
I think that they are becoming a past winning team.
With only one SB win, a bunch of MVPs, an SB loss, on the path to make records, Peyton really is looking more and more overrated just like Brett.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I agree with your thoughts about the Dolts and Manning.
I think that they are becoming a past winning team.
With only one SB win, a bunch of MVPs, an SB loss, on the path to make records, Peyton really is looking more and more overrated just like Brett.

Well I don't like Peyton, for one reason; media attention.

Even after the Super Bowl, all I heard was excuses for him throwing a pick six. i don't know about ESPN and every other sports news cast, but it looked like the Saints kicked their ***** if you asked me. LMAO the Colts had a 10-0 lead on them and still lost by 14. They just didn't want to admit the Saints were the better team after they won the Super Bowl that year. Peyton forced the ball and threw it right to him. He's lucky they didn't pick him off again in the end zone after the pass interference call put them at first and goal with a minute left.

Peyton is a pocket quarterback. he has NEVER had to run for his life like Brett, or Aaron, or even Warren Moon has. i don't give a crap what people say, but sometimes a weak O-line early in a QB's career will benefit them greatly. Rodgers is a good example. He learned all that scrambling and breaks this year after the torture he went through in '09. Brett also scrambled early in his career. And Warren Moon; one of my favorite quarterbacks, had some of the worst protection ever, but he could still avoid rushes. When Peyton gets pass rushed, or blitzed like in the Super Bowl, he just simply throws out of bounds (unlike the 1980's, that used to be a 10 yard penalty)

If the Colts do break the old 49ers record for winning the division so many times, I would be pretty upset cause those 49ers won 16 division titles and played one tough division, with the Rams rematching them in the NFC Championship one time, and the Saints and Falcons both were wild card teams later on, but bottom line is that same team that won 16 division titles also won 5 Super Bowls. The Colts have won more than 10 divisions I think with Peyton and only one Super Bowl, and also a blown CHOKED Super Bowl by him. So if they win more divisions than the Montana/Young Niners but only one Super Bowl, that is pretty sad.

They are washed up. I look for them to crash and burn this year, and I will be so happy when that time finally comes. Now Houston, give it to those guys. They had it rough last season but they are actually trying.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
May the Pack just let one series go the Colts way, just because they kept the Lombardi out of Chicago's hand many years ago. May the Pack play and NONE OF THEM GET INJURED, BEFORE, during, of after the game for any reason.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even after the Super Bowl, all I heard was excuses for him throwing a pick six. i don't know about ESPN and every other sports news cast, but it looked like the Saints kicked their ***** if you asked me. LMAO the Colts had a 10-0 lead on them and still lost by 14. They just didn't want to admit the Saints were the better team after they won the Super Bowl that year.
Just like after the Minny game. Nobody, (Or hardly anybody) wants to admit the Saints was the better team.
Doesn't matter what anybody says.
Saints have two trophies from that season which no one can ever take away.
Peyton is a pocket quarterback. he has NEVER had to run for his life like Brett, or Aaron, or even Warren Moon has. i don't give a crap what people say, but sometimes a weak O-line early in a QB's career will benefit them greatly. Rodgers is a good example. He learned all that scrambling and breaks this year after the torture he went through in '09.
Good point and good example.
A-Rod makes completions when he scrambles and he also rushes and makes first downs!
I feel so damn lucky and blessed that we have him.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if anyone is looking for the other sides coverage of the game, head over to 18to88.com the best colts website you will find. its like our cheeseheadtv

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As always guys and gals, it's not allowed to post links on the forum, but it's ok on the shout box. I"ll be posting in there a possible link to the game, but usually the links only become available 5 mins before the game.

maccadon3000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's amazing how dangerous Rodgers is. The threat of scrambling gives him so much time for things to develop.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Painter had only 43 yards passing. One blown coverage and he more than doubles his output and pulls within 3 points.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Remember it's preseason and don't take things very seriously.

But in other words, they better fix the O-line up before we get the Saints in 2 weeks. That is ridiculous.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our O-line looks AWFUL! They are going to get Aaron killed! I know its preseason, but its the 3rd game. This is ridiculous. How can we manage a high powered offense behind this line. We Need some big boys and soon!

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually they're saying it was Burnett who was out of position.

What aBout the 2nd touchdown? He not only got beat off the line (he held at the cut) but he turned outside instead of inside. Easy play.

As for the other one, Bush was ball hawking. He was also out of position. It was a zone coverage.

Everytime something drastic swings in a game, the replay shows #24 in the shot. This guy is like the Blair Witch. If you see him... bad stuffs a comin...

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
What aBout the 2nd touchdown? He not only got beat off the line (he held at the cut) but he turned outside instead of inside. Easy play.

As for the other one, Bush was ball hawking. He was also out of position. It was a zone coverage.

Everytime something drastic swings in a game, the replay shows #24 in the shot. This guy is like the Blair Witch. If you see him... bad stuffs a comin...

Burnett was out of position on the first one with Wayne wide open. Bush blew the second one. But it's a given he's not much of a DB.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone see Matthews reaction to Rodgers slapping his butt. LOL priceless. For 5 sec I forgot how unsatisfactory we played so far.

Latest posts