Offensive Rookie of the Year

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, that was the easiest award to vote on. I can't even think of a good candidate for second place. Probably Joe Thomas, the OT in Cleveland. Or Dwayne Bowe, the WR in Kansas City.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Joe Thomas had a monster year for the Browns... very solid left tackle and held up very well. In the very least it should have been close between Thomas and AP... but because Thomas didn't have flashy stats and media hype surrounding him.. he got basically blanked in the voting.

MVP should go to the most valueable player, hard to argue that Thomas didn't have the biggest impact on his team. He was part of the biggest turnaround in the league.. the Brown offensive line play. :twocents:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe Thomas had a monster year for the Browns... very solid left tackle and held up very well. In the very least it should have been close between Thomas and AP... but because Thomas didn't have flashy stats and media hype surrounding him.. he got basically blanked in the voting.

MVP should go to the most valueable player, hard to argue that Thomas didn't have the biggest impact on his team. He was part of the biggest turnaround in the league.. the Brown offensive line play. :twocents:
I agree..........but o-linemen NEVER get the recognition they deserve.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats to Peterson and the Vikings.

Speaking of O-Linemen, let's not forget that everyone who runs behind Steve Hutchinson looks good: Shaun Alexander, Mewelde Moore, Adrian Peterson. Peterson is doing this behind a great run blocking line.

He looks like the real deal and if he stays healthy he will probably be a thorn in our side.

V

Vikeman

The Vikings line is good...but not that good. I watch them every game. Adrian Peterson had two 200 yard games. Adrian Peterson broke the single game rushing record against a very tough Chargers defense...and would have had more if it were not for a horse coller. He did all of this as a rookie, injured for 2 games, oh and by the way as a backup for half the year. Adrian Peterson is the future of the NFL. It would be like a Packer fan to belittle the mans amazing accomplishments by speaking on the offensive line. Joe Thomas is good. He was a solid pick. However with the weapons in the WR corps and at QB....Adrian Peterson would have put them in the playoffs with a bye. Go ask a Browns fan. As far as "value" is concerned...If it were not for Peterson, the Vikes would be picking in the top 5 this year. Who was the last RB that made defenses put 8 & 9 players in a box every play to stop him? God I can't wait for a QB!

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I don't think he was talking down about A.P., just saying the Vikings line is good, along with their full back (didn't he get injured?).

If you don't believe me, watch the Packers run blocking for probably about half the season, and the trouble we have had solidifying the lineup. A.P. is special, but the vikings OLine is pretty darn good. Also, it seemed like 2-3 teams near the end of season, even the 49'ers, found a way to totally shut him down. He should be a little more consistent. Also, have Chester Taylor along your side doesn't hurt either.

Either way, the guys got a very bright future and is a very exciting player.

V

Vikeman

I don't think he was talking down about A.P., just saying the Vikings line is good, along with their full back (didn't he get injured?).

If you don't believe me, watch the Packers run blocking for probably about half the season, and the trouble we have had solidifying the lineup. A.P. is special, but the vikings OLine is pretty darn good. Also, it seemed like 2-3 teams near the end of season, even the 49'ers, found a way to totally shut him down. He should be a little more consistent. Also, have Chester Taylor along your side doesn't hurt either.

Either way, the guys got a very bright future and is a very exciting player.

Like I said...no RB (I don't care how good) will be able to perform against 8-9 man fronts. The Vikes O-line is good...not great. When the Vikes get a QB and a legitimate # 1 receiver, Linebackers & safety's will be pushed back out of the box. Then you will see the AP you saw the first 8 games. Against a normal front he is unstopable. It's like putting one or two defensive backs on Randy Moss...suicidal.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings line is good...but not that good. I watch them every game. Adrian Peterson had two 200 yard games. Adrian Peterson broke the single game rushing record against a very tough Chargers defense...and would have had more if it were not for a horse coller. He did all of this as a rookie, injured for 2 games, oh and by the way as a backup for half the year. Adrian Peterson is the future of the NFL. It would be like a Packer fan to belittle the mans amazing accomplishments by speaking on the offensive line. Joe Thomas is good. He was a solid pick. However with the weapons in the WR corps and at QB....Adrian Peterson would have put them in the playoffs with a bye. Go ask a Browns fan. As far as "value" is concerned...If it were not for Peterson, the Vikes would be picking in the top 5 this year. Who was the last RB that made defenses put 8 & 9 players in a box every play to stop him? God I can't wait for a QB!

If there's one man I don't want to see in the open field against us, it's AP. Well, probably tied with Randy Moss.

AP's cuts and direction changes are downright beautiful to watch. I love watching the guy, except when he's playing against us of course.

V

Vikeman

Vikeman said:

If there's one man I don't want to see in the open field against us, it's AP. Well, probably tied with Randy Moss.

AP's cuts and direction changes are downright beautiful to watch. I love watching the guy, except when he's playing against us of course.

Zombie I think you have to be the best Packer fans I have ever conversed with...throws my theory right out the window. You always look at things without the olive & mustard glasses.

Probably wouldn't mind meeting you in person one day. Good luck in the playoffs.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombie I think you have to be the best Packer fans I have ever conversed with...throws my theory right out the window. You always look at things without the olive & mustard glasses.

Probably wouldn't mind meeting you in person one day. Good luck in the playoffs.

Thanks. I just try to remember that we're all human beings, no matter what team we cheer for or play for.

And if you or anyone else is ever in the San Francisco area, send me a PM. I love to eat food and drink Guinness.

Dagento

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[align=left]Joe Thomas should get the award, he have been solid the whole season, and me as a Browns fan, couldn´t be more happier to have him on the team. The best O-lineman this year for the Browns and no doubt the best offensive rookie of the year.[/align]

V

Vikeman

[align=left]Joe Thomas should get the award, he have been solid the whole season, and me as a Browns fan, couldn´t be more happier to have him on the team. The best O-lineman this year for the Browns and no doubt the best offensive rookie of the year.[/align]

Please explain why you think Joe Thomas should have gotten the award over Peterson. Not taking anything away from Thomas...because he was a good pick. Peterson broke multiple records as a rookie (Vikings & NFL). Including the single game rushing record against a formidable Chargers defense 8 games into his career. Let me repeat that...296 friggen yards as a rookie in a single game. Let me say it again...296 yards in a single game as a rookie. He did this with no QB, no wide receivers, 8 men in the box every game, and sharing half the load with Chester Taylor. Everyone knows he would have broken ****erson's rushing record if not slowed down by a knee injury. The guy is a class act, refuses to run out of bounds, and without him the Vikes are picking in the top 5 this year. I keep hearing this garbage from Chiefs and Browns fans about "Peterson not derserving the ROY award". It would be like an idiot saying the Patriots are not the best team in the nfl? Just retarded nonsense.

Anyone with half a football brain knows the boy won the award outright...and won it at week 9! The kid is special...and will be even better next year. I wouldn't give the kid up for a rookie Randy Moss.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone with half a football brain knows...

Man, you use that sentence way too much. Just because you think you know something about football doesn't mean your opinion is fact.

AP did win it outright, though. I understand why people would say Thomas should have gotten it, but you won't win the award when a guy breaks the NFL's single game rushing record his rookie year. The kid is just that damn good, and I love watching him.

Members online

Latest posts