Offensive line...who starts, who makes the team?

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's time to cut really soon, so who do you have starting, and who makes the roster (assuming 9 O.L. make the squad)...

Start:
T-Clif/Tauscher
G-Wells, Whitticker
C-Flanny

Reserves:
Reugamer
Klemm
Barry

Ummmm, then....-Morley - ??? since we have some Canadians on this board?!?

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I'm in the minority and Flanny is definitely a Packer fan favorite, but he's played just awful this preseason. I don't know if he's hurt his knee again or what, but he's getting manhandled. If he doesn't improve, look for Reugamer to take the center position and Wells to the guard position, Clifton/Tauscher are the book ends, and Whitticker/Klemm can battle it out and take the best of the two - probably Whitticker IMHO.

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you aren't the only one thinking that about Flanny. Reug played fairly well after the first few games last year, so if Flanny's struggles continue, I not only hope, but expect a change.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Knowing that Reugy, Wells, Tauscher, and Clifton can play at a high level, I just don't understand why the line is as big a question mark as it has been. Yes, losing Wahle and Rivera hurt tremendously, but we still have guys that should be able to get it done. If Whitticker can step up, I'd like to see him and the previous four get the chance to gel especially if Flanny is not up to par as it appears to me.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It'd be a shame to see Flanny sat down, but ya gotta do it for now...
There's definitely something out of tune here... Favre got b-slapped on almost every play at the beginning of the game -- and I blame that totally on Flanagan - although Whitticker wasn't helping much.. And what was Clifton thinking about? Can anyone tell me that...? They all act like there's no cohesion.... Personally, I think it's a split decision on whether Scott Wells plays Center or Left Guard - Remember, last year, Brett stated outright that he forgot who was playing Center... that's a testament to doing your job properly... And the funbles (or is it fumbles...) just have to stop.. for cry iy iy...! I'd sit Batman down right now, practically in favor of Walt Williams after what I was seeing last night. At least (44) Davenport didn't do too badly against their Number 1 Defense.. And Fisher had a few good series in there, too. Rodgers came in for Brett and immediately sparked the whole O-Line... anyone else see that... ya hey! Then, when it was his turn at bat (for real) - he had some pretty decent spirals downfield.. and that TD he got was a definitely a confidence booster which he should take into the regular season... Same goes for Nick Collins, Ray Thompson (I hope they keep him) and Earl Little.

Members online

Latest posts