Offensive Line Appreciation Station

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best game I have seen an offensive line play in a long time.

Blitz pick ups were great.

Grant had holes all game.

Favre was barely touched.

Any holds? Any offsides? I can't recall any.

Let's hear some gratitude for the fat boys on the offensive line!

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett was pushed from the pocket twice (that I can remember)...once was a 2 yard scramble, and the other was a memorable pass to donald lee...

The reason that the line was so successful from 02-04, the same guys playing together uninjured...and we've reached that now it seems. Grant can find any hole this line gives him and has the ability to cut towards it.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hell yeah... Tausch just dominated Kerny. The whole line played simply amazing. So much for an unstoppable pass rush.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They did a LOT of delayed blitzes....and the line\morency were on it.

I seen morency stop a couple times...it was sweet. He's the new tony fisher!

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Tony Fisher is a great comparisson

there was no reason to get rid of tony fisher when we did but get a guy like Morency to fill the role...never going to blow anybody away but can catch a pass, take a handoff if need be, and most importantly, block...both fox broadcasters and espn's article hyped up GB's depth and this is just one more reason why...

OP
OP
M

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Tony Fisher is a great comparisson

there was no reason to get rid of tony fisher when we did but get a guy like Morency to fill the role...never going to blow anybody away but can catch a pass, take a handoff if need be, and most importantly, block...both fox broadcasters and espn's article hyped up GB's depth and this is just one more reason why...

We should try to keep Morency as our third down back. I believe he's an upgrade over Fisher or Herron.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Easily the single most important reason we won today.. the play of the Offensive hog mollies... Solid performance, albeit that Seattle isn't overly stout at DT, their DE and Backers are excellent.. they played well in both pass and run... agreed best game in years.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great performance by the O-line and Bubba helped out big time as well. I've been ******* the line all year and I am glad that they played as well as they did given the brutal start of the game.

The only thing that scrares me is did anyone see how much time Brady had tonight? Yikes!!!

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boring Brady? Yeah. The Jags have a big line but they're not known for sacking anybody. They're just a bunch of fat guys.

His fake RB Direct Snap that led to a TD pass to Watson was sick though.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I was very pleased to see Colledge do so well..Maybe he finally is realizing he needs to play as hard and as good as he can every week and not just when he might get benched

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
recently we have had troubles with the O-line (starting a lot of young players and Injuries) but this year they really stepped up to protect Brett Favre so he can make the big plays.

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Colledge did play pretty well overall...but check the highlight clips. On the amazing Favre scramble play, he completely whiffed on the DT. I mean, he basically didn't even touch him.

Those were the reasons he was benched. I don't want to take anything from the amazing win today, but I hope he'll clean a little of this up for next week!

GO PACK!

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre said it best. In his Fox postgame interview with Tony, Favre mentioned each of his starting offensive linemen by name. Great professional performance. No one, no one wants it to end.....who's next?

8) 8)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Easily the single most important reason we won today.. the play of the Offensive hog mollies... Solid performance, albeit that Seattle isn't overly stout at DT, their DE and Backers are excellent.. they played well in both pass and run... agreed best game in years.

Wells, Spitz, and Colledge played their best game as a trio of the interior. I new Tauscher and Clifton would show up and play well but those 3 I had my concerns about. They earned their paycheck yesterday and hopefully they can again next week.

Members online

Latest posts