Offensive Draft??

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are any of the OL guys ranked close to the two Notre Dame guys last year? It seems to me at 12 that would be the highest % of finding a long term great.
To me, Williams and Ford are the ones that have a chance to be truly special players, with Taylor, Risner and Dillard slotting in closely behind them. The first 3 I mentioned will all but surely be gone by pick 20.

Who is the third legit pass rusher in your opinion???
He was considering the scenario in which we trade up for Josh Allen, Allen being the third.

Is this the year to trade into the top 5 for a guy? If Allen falls to 4-5? Realistically (barring injury) we will never draft in the top 5 with Rodgers at the helm and we'd have three (maybe 4 if Fackrell is legit) pass rushers for Pettine to work with. Or package a 1st and 3rd to move up to get White at like the 8-9th pick.

I'm happy to stay put with the picks too, just food for thought. There's so much pressure off this draft now.

There is no way I would like to trade into the top 5, however if Quinnen Williams makes it to the Bills pick due to many Edge/Qb's/Oline taken before them, I'd strongly consider offering them our 3rd rounder. Williams-Clark-Daniels would be absolutely terrifying.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good luck with that as the roster bonus is due on Friday.

Its highly unlikely but I'm just saying its an option as opposed to simply saying They could turn his $500K workout bonus into a signing bonus to save a total of $400K in cap space though ;) which would indicate that is all they could possibly gain which simply isn't true. The Bears just did something similar with Mack, grante I don't think they were up against a Friday deadline but it only takes a phone call and a few minutes to get it done so if the wanted to and Rodgers was willing they could easily have it done by Friday.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see no value at WR at #12. D.K. isn’t a route runner. He’s a burner with straight line speed. Value at #12 will be O and D lines. I’d love to see Devin White at that spot and then grab O-line or TE at the end of the round.
B.P.A is a beautiful thing. The draft will fall to us. I know people want a WR or TE but we will have some real talent drop. I don’t understand all of the love for D.K. He ran a great 40 and he’s a monster but he has no swivel and doesn’t get in and out of breaks. He is the definition of “boom or bust.” Watch the LSU game. Greedy shut him down because he took away the one thing he excels at. The draft is loaded at receiver and we can get a Deebo, Campbell or Isabella in the 3rd. I love Hockerson to but I’d rather target a Irv Smith Jr. later in the round if the Pack want to go TE. We need to fix our line. I think Jawaan Taylor or Andre Dillard should be the pick if Oliver and White are gone.

Reaction score
If FA is an indicator, I expect the aggressiveness to continue into the draft. I wouldn’t be shocked at all if Gute makes a bold move. Particularly if a top 3
non-QB choice is there at #5 or beyond.
IDK what that would be.. pairing picks? That #30 pick (and maybe 1 more) could be used to get aggressive and get pretty much anyone he wants outside of #4 overall with our first selection. He may just double down.
Quinnen? We’d have one heck of a ferocious D line.
Josh Allen? Our ability to create pocket pressure would be stellar
He could do that and still hit the Offense hard day 2

Last edited:

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If FA is an indicator, I expect the aggressiveness to continue into the draft. I wouldn’t be shocked at all if Gute makes a bold move. Particularly if a top 3
non-QB choice is there at #5 or beyond.
IDK what that would be.. pairing picks? That #30 pick (and maybe 1 more) could be used to get aggressive and get pretty much anyone he wants outside of #4 overall with our first selection. He may just double down.
Quinnen? We’d have one heck of a ferocious D line.
Josh Allen? Our ability to create pocket pressure would be stellar
He could do that and still hit the Offense hard day 2
That actually sounds quite tempting and very much plausible given our FO of late. Still, I'd rather see us stand pat and nab that falling blue chip talent.

It's a given that Allen and Bosa will be taken before #12. It's likely that at least 1 QB and 1 CB are taken before #12. You could argue that the teams that were widely considered to be the first sure thing to pick a QB, the Giants and the Jaguars, have alleviated some of that pressure. The Jags have signed Big D*ck Nick and the Giants are supposedly "not in love with any of the QB prospects at #6" and will be tackling their QB need with their latter first rounder from the Browns. While I definitely see the Jags stepping out of the QB race now, I really don't see the Giants passing up on Murray/Haskins if one of those would be available. IF they do decide not to go QB, I see Cincy as a surprise team to go QB if both Murray and Haskins are still on the board.

CB im speculating too, based on even less evidence. Tbh I haven't really checked any of the CB's (but maybe I should since Breeland isn't back!) out but the league always puts a premium on CB's so teams will be tempted to draft their #1 corner on their board.

That leaves one of Sweat, Oliver, White, Taylor, 2x Williams, Gary very likely to be there at 12. If a WR or TE goes before us its pretty much a given. All players with whom I would be very happy at #12, all would have top 5 potential in other drafts. The upside of standing pat is huge, with the downside being any of Wilkins, Ford, Hockenson or Ferrell. Still very solid players that can contribute from day 1. I'd rather do that and still be able to draft another potential plug and play guy at #30.

Last edited:

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m usually All about moving up to get blue chip prospects. Especially since the percentages of drafting a stud drop so significantly after the first few rounds but this is a deep draft and I like our odds of drafting 3 impactful players in the top 50 In fact, I’d trade any remaining draft equity to get back into the top 50 if there’s a player that will help us now.[/QUOTE]

Reaction score
That actually sounds quite tempting and very much plausible given our FO of late. Still, I'd rather see us stand pat and nab that falling blue chip talent.

It's a given that Allen and Bosa will be taken before #12. It's likely that at least 1 QB and 1 CB are taken before #12. You could argue that the teams that were widely considered to be the first sure thing to pick a QB, the Giants and the Jaguars, have alleviated some of that pressure. The Jags have signed Big D*ck Nick and the Giants are supposedly "not in love with any of the QB prospects at #6" and will be tackling their QB need with their latter first rounder from the Browns. While I definitely see the Jags stepping out of the QB race now, I really don't see the Giants passing up on Murray/Haskins if one of those would be available. IF they do decide not to go QB, I see Cincy as a surprise team to go QB if both Murray and Haskins are still on the board.

CB im speculating too, based on even less evidence. Tbh I haven't really checked any of the CB's (but maybe I should since Breeland isn't back!) out but the league always puts a premium on CB's so teams will be tempted to draft their #1 corner on their board.

That leaves one of Sweat, Oliver, White, Taylor, 2x Williams, Gary very likely to be there at 12. If a WR or TE goes before us its pretty much a given. All players with whom I would be very happy at #12, all would have top 5 potential in other drafts. The upside of standing pat is huge, with the downside being any of Wilkins, Ford, Hockenson or Ferrell. Still very solid players that can contribute from day 1. I'd rather do that and still be able to draft another potential plug and play guy at #30.
Well Kevin “the Sling” King was picked at #33 and there’s an example of what you can get in that range.
I’d rather trade back n forth and get TWO players before pick #20. I think there’s a different class of talent in the teens vs. #30. With a little bit of 2018 type craftiness we could reasonably pick #17, #18 and lose nothing more than an early day 3 pick.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Kevin “the Sling” King was picked at #33 and there’s an example of what you can get in that range.
I’d rather trade back n forth and get TWO players before pick #20. I think there’s a different class of talent in the teens vs. #30. With a little bit of 2018 type craftiness we could reasonably pick #17, #18 and lose nothing more than an early day 3 pick.
100% I thought you were saying trade both 1st rounders to move up to #4. We want 2 firsts. We need both firsts! #17 and #18 can get us a top O-lineman and a Devin Bush.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
B.P.A is a beautiful thing. The draft will fall to us. I know people want a WR or TE but we will have some real talent drop. I don’t understand all of the love for D.K. He ran a great 40 and he’s a monster but he has no swivel and doesn’t get in and out of breaks. He is the definition of “boom or bust.” Watch the LSU game. Greedy shut him down because he took away the one thing he excels at. The draft is loaded at receiver and we can get a Deebo, Campbell or Isabella in the 3rd. I love Hockerson to but I’d rather target a Irv Smith Jr. later in the round if the Pack want to go TE. We need to fix our line. I think Jawaan Taylor or Andre Dillard should be the pick if Oliver and White are gone.

I've been seeing Campbell go in the late first recently. I'd like Deebo too, I do wonder if he will be there in the 2nd though.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been seeing Campbell go in the late first recently. I'd like Deebo too, I do wonder if he will be there in the 2nd though.
Really? I haven’t seen one mock seeing him go that early. Doesn’t matter anyways. These mocks are just a guessing game. We’ve all seen projected firsts slip to the 3rd and 4th and vice versa.

Reaction score
100% I thought you were saying trade both 1st rounders to move up to #4. We want 2 firsts. We need both firsts! #17 and #18 can get us a top O-lineman and a Devin Bush.
I was.
I was offereing 2 possibilities.. a trade up and a trade back. Although #4 would likely cost us more than #12,#30. That was me just hypothesizing a scenario by trying to predict an aggressive move by Gute.
My personal preference is to get two players in the late teens VS. #12, #30; because I believe there will be two very solid prospects that could’ve went top 12 ish still there at #17,#18 range (particularly if 3 QBs go top #15) However the top crop of our second selection choices will be long gone by #30.
I want 2 bonafied 1st rounders and you don’t always get that at #30. Those can turn into Datone Jones types a little more readily

Last edited:

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was.
I was offereing 2 possibilities.. a trade up and a trade back. Although #4 would likely cost us more than #12,#30. That was me just hypothesizing a scenario by trying to predict an aggressive move by Gute.
My personal preference is to get two players in the late teens VS. #12, #30; because I believe there will be two very solid prospects that could’ve went top 12 ish still there at #17,#18 range (particularly if 3 QBs go top #15) However the top crop of our second selection choices will be long gone by #30.
I want 2 bonafied 1st rounders and you don’t always get that at #30. Those can turn into Datone Jones types a little more readily
Yea, It would all depend on who was available at #12 when we pick but your right. A #17 and #18 sounds much more appealing. Bucky Brooks posted a draft today that had Taylor, Dillard, White, and Bush all going before #12. This would be a definite trade down scenario. I know this board would flip but I’d even be ok with taking a Josh Jacobs with our second pick. He’s far and away the best RB in this class and has an Alvin Kamara playmaking ability. He’s extremely elusive and has great hands. This is a half luxury/half need pick-up because Jones can’t stay healthy. I know we have more pressing needs but Gute opened the door for BPA and we should stick to it instead of reaching for a WR or TE with a lower grades.

Reaction score
Yea, It would all depend on who was available at #12 when we pick but your right. A #17 and #18 sounds much more appealing. Bucky Brooks posted a draft today that had Taylor, Dillard, White, and Bush all going before #12. This would be a definite trade down scenario. I know this board would flip but I’d even be ok with taking a Josh Jacobs with our second pick. He’s far and away the best RB in this class and has an Alvin Kamara playmaking ability. He’s extremely elusive and has great hands. This is a half luxury/half need pick-up because Jones can’t stay healthy. I know we have more pressing needs but Gute opened the door for BPA and we should stick to it instead of reaching for a WR or TE with a lower grades.
Furthermore, we just resigned Marcedes and Tonyan ain’t no joke. I think Tonyan is fine for a #3 TE and I hope we see more of both Lewis and Tonyan this season. They were all but ignored last year.
Anyone in the circle of football knows that at the professional level a TE is not like RB.. TE is a position that is much more sophisticated than many of us layman think. You rarely plug n play a TE year one and get stellar results, it’s the second-third season that generally gets your value there. All 3 of our current TEs are in much better position to produce favorably now vs. going mid-term solutions.

RB, on the other hand. can often get immediate benefits and makes more sense when looking at our current roster and aggressive “win now” offseason philosophy. It’s also a position that our HC has specifically referenced several times in interviews as a position he values more than many of us casual fans do.
I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Gute picks a RB first or second day.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Furthermore, we just resigned Marcedes and Tonyan ain’t no joke. I think Tonyan is fine for a #3 TE and I hope we see more of both Lewis and Tonyan this season. They were all but ignored last year.
Anyone in the circle of football knows that at the professional level a TE is not like RB.. TE is a position that is much more sophisticated than many of us layman think. You rarely plug n play a TE year one and get stellar results, it’s the second-third season that generally gets your value there. All 3 of our current TEs are in much better position to produce favorably now vs. going mid-term solutions.

RB, on the other hand. can often get immediate benefits and makes more sense when looking at our current roster and aggressive “win now” offseason philosophy. It’s also a position that our HC has specifically referenced several times in interviews as a position he values more than many of us casual fans do.
I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Gute picks a RB first or second day.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Three more than capable tight ends. The position needs some attention in the near future but we are fine for now.

Reaction score
Three more than capable tight ends. The position needs some attention in the near future but we are fine for now.
At least it’s a tertiary need anyway. Don’t get me wrong, if there’s one that’s a no brainer that slides a round etc.. then absolutely.
We need some Offense firepower and eventually we will need Graham’s successor, so it’s a need on the peripheral. Wouldn’t it be nice if Tonyan gets some more playing time and makes a leap.

PS. I’m assuming you are aware you can comment after you hit reply all at the same time in one post. Just noticed you’ve done that separately twice now is all

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this board would flip but I’d even be ok with taking a Josh Jacobs with our second pick. He’s far and away the best RB in this class and has an Alvin Kamara playmaking ability. He’s extremely elusive and has great hands. This is a half luxury/half need pick-up because Jones can’t stay healthy.

Don't tease me like that.

There are a few positions that would have me shaking my head if drafted at 12 (RB, WR, QB, CB as well as the obvious STs) not because we couldn't use help at those positions but because I think better players will be available at positions of greater need. At #30 however, I would wouldn't be upset with pretty much any position being drafted depending on the player. If Jacobs truly has Kamara like abilities I'd be on board. I know most fans think you can find all pro RBs at the drop of the hat pretty much whenever you want but if you want a play maker I think you have to draft them high. For every 6th round star there are probably half a dozen or more who are barely PS talent.

Reaction score
A dream high octane Offense scenario would be trading back to #15
#15 OT
#30 RB/SlotWR
#44 SlotWR/RB
#75 S
#76 OG
#114 ILB
#118 CB
Etc..

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DK reminds me of JaMarcus Russel.....enough said. While there is a small chance he proves everyone wrong and is a BEAST I just don't see hip fluidity, route running or anything besides an incredible specimen physique wise and speed wise.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
A dream high octane Offense scenario would be trading back to #15
#15 OT
#30 RB/SlotWR
#44 SlotWR/RB
#75 S
#76 OG
#114 ILB
#118 CB
Etc..

I like that rouund of picks.

#15 Cody Ford OL Oklahoma
#30 Parris Campbell WR/Slot OSU
#44 Chris Lindstrom G Boston Coll
#75 Justice Hill RB OSU
#76 Germaine Pratt ILB NCSU
#114 Jace Sternberger TE Texas A&M
#118 Mike Bell S Fresno State

That's about how I would like to see that work out. Need to sign M. Wilkerson. Tempted to take Christian Wilkins at #15.

This would be an AMAZiNG haul!

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't tease me like that.

There are a few positions that would have me shaking my head if drafted at 12 (RB, WR, QB, CB as well as the obvious STs) not because we couldn't use help at those positions but because I think better players will be available at positions of greater need. At #30 however, I would wouldn't be upset with pretty much any position being drafted depending on the player. If Jacobs truly has Kamara like abilities I'd be on board. I know most fans think you can find all pro RBs at the drop of the hat pretty much whenever you want but if you want a play maker I think you have to draft them high. For every 6th round star there are probably half a dozen or more who are barely PS talent.
He definitely has the skill set to take over games. Bama didn’t use him as a pass catcher much because they didn’t have to but the kid does it all.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DK reminds me of JaMarcus Russel.....enough said. While there is a small chance he proves everyone wrong and is a BEAST I just don't see hip fluidity, route running or anything besides an incredible specimen physique wise and speed wise.
Yea, it’s crazy. Drafts are about potential but a top 12 pick for a receiver who wasn’t even the best receiver on his own college team? Brown was the focal point of that passing game while DK added a splash play here and there. I’d expect more consistency for a franchise WR

Last edited:

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jacobs ran a sub 4.6 40, there's some speculating he'll fall to the late first early second now as a result.

I'm not sure if this is the lingering groin issue that he's working through still or if this is his true speed. I mean, Bell ran a 4.6 as well so how much does this really matter.

I've also read that overall this is a relatively unathletic class of RB's - makes me wonder if we will be looking RB at all (though we obviously need a 3rd RB).

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts