Offensive Draft??

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, I don't grade players to pretend to know where they should be picked. I don't think WR's need to be picked in the first round ever. Easy enough to get great ones later, especially if you have a great QB. A TE would have be a top shelf man, if they picked one at 12 and he was TG or Gronk etc I'd never complain about where he was picked. Though you can get any great player at any position in any round, I'd rather have my swing at the big talented guys first.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am super excited for the Packers to draft Ed Oliver or Brian Burns at #12 and make life miserable for QBs everywhere now that they have a respectable pass rush with Mr. & Mr. Smith.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ILB still isn't off the table either. Especially with how Pettine likes to bring pressure from all over and have guys being able to do any number of things out of the same alignment. Giving Rodgers more opportunities with the ball is just as effective for our offense as a high picked WR, probably more so.

D

Deleted member 6794

Kinda what I’m thinking.. Although I’d be thrilled to give up 12 and 30 and move down and get Josh Allen.

Unfortunately I'm not sure trading both first round picks would be enough to move up for Allen.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s just gas, buddy.

To reply honestly, I kind of hope the recent signings or alleged signings, they don't take their foot off the gas on defense. Rodgers is the best QB in the division and arguably has the best WR in the division (Thielen obviously has to be mentioned). Last year was hardly a developmental year for the young guys. I hope their #12 pick stays on the likes of Oliver, White or Ferrel.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ILB still isn't off the table either. Especially with how Pettine likes to bring pressure from all over and have guys being able to do any number of things out of the same alignment. Giving Rodgers more opportunities with the ball is just as effective for our offense as a high picked WR, probably more so.

Ok now I can definitely see ILB at 12...that I do agree with. If you can get a stud and pair him with Martinez then you’re talking about a duo for years to come that could make the defense that much better. I think on the backend they are good if King could ever freakin stay healthy. Could be looking at a top 5 defense.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These signings have released Gute and company to follow their board and not feel so strung to pick a Edge no matter what....I don't see WR as a huge need personally but we will pick one before 3rd ends I predict. Love the flexibility this gives Gute come draft...beyond that this doesn't mean an Offensive draft because if like a Devin White is there PICK HIM, if your top DL that you figured would be gone is there PICK HIM....shoot I don't care who it is we can pick the top of our board with no pressure for a specific position.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cut Bulaga, Nick Perry and restructure Rodgers problem Solved. You don’t think Rodgers would be hype for that addition? I sure do. They would have more than enough.

In what universe do you think Rodgers would restructure when he just signed the deal last offseason?

You dont just get to point at contracts and say "hey I wanna pay him less. he should be cool with it"

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the really good OTs will be gone by 30 so I believe the smart thing to do is get one at 12. Though if Devin White was there I would not be unhappy to take him. Getting bookend rushers and a safety in free agency was really smart. imho And a decent O lineman to boot.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no way Rodgers contract will be restructured to lower his cap hit for this season as his $13.4 million roster bonus is fully guaranteed, there's nothing the Packers can do about the prorated portion of his signing bonus ($11.5 million counting against the cap) and his base salary for 2019 is the veteran minimum.

They could turn his $500K workout bonus into a signing bonus to save a total of $400K in cap space though ;)

I'm not sure but couldn't they convert the roster bonus into a signing bonus as well. It's just a matter of changing how the money is allocated. It would still be guaranteed and it would save a little under 11 million this year and add about 2.7 to each of the next 4 years.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this the year to trade into the top 5 for a guy? If Allen falls to 4-5? Realistically (barring injury) we will never draft in the top 5 with Rodgers at the helm and we'd have three (maybe 4 if Fackrell is legit) pass rushers for Pettine to work with. Or package a 1st and 3rd to move up to get White at like the 8-9th pick.

I'm happy to stay put with the picks too, just food for thought. There's so much pressure off this draft now.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, now with the current free agent pickups at pass rusher I don’t think they will take an edge rusher at 12 now. I’m thinking the best WR or Tightend available. Maybe DK Metcalf?? Maybe Gute shocks us all and gives up the #12 for OBJ!! Lol this forum would explode hahahaha
Who would you take at 12 then? If they did go D Line? I see more of a value pick st WR or TE than D line. I agree about Daniels tho.
I see no value at WR at #12. D.K. isn’t a route runner. He’s a burner with straight line speed. Value at #12 will be O and D lines. I’d love to see Devin White at that spot and then grab O-line or TE at the end of the round.

green&goldsoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, now with the current free agent pickups at pass rusher I don’t think they will take an edge rusher at 12 now. I’m thinking the best WR or Tightend available. Maybe DK Metcalf?? Maybe Gute shocks us all and gives up the #12 for OBJ!! Lol this forum would explode hahahaha
Wow...didn't consider the OBJ thing. But after using almost all cap space, it would be hard to handle AR-12s contract and OBJs. I had this thought earlier in which Belieck was the only one thus far to use it. And it would have been absurdly effective had one of them not been a Killa. But (and I hate this) but double tight end draft. Hate hate hate it. But....if Irv Smith is still available at #44th, I could see it happening. Wilks back. Safety added. Two LBs added. JS

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if we still pick an edge if a highly sought after guy is there. I could see us trade back and pick a WR or TE, but 12 may be too high. I do think we pick a TE in the first but Irv Smith at 30 would be nice. At 12 I could see us go with a high quality T. Someone like the LSU guys Greedy or the middle LB would be real interesting too.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not sure but couldn't they convert the roster bonus into a signing bonus as well. It's just a matter of changing how the money is allocated. It would still be guaranteed and it would save a little under 11 million this year and add about 2.7 to each of the next 4 years.

Good luck with that as the roster bonus is due on Friday.

Realistically (barring injury) we will never draft in the top 5 with Rodgers at the helm and we'd have three (maybe 4 if Fackrell is legit) pass rushers for Pettine to work with.

Who is the third legit pass rusher in your opinion???

Members online

Latest posts