Offensive depth

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a little concerned about our offensive depth particularly at WR. The only name that jumps out at me is Jordy Nelson. Beyond Jordy we have Cobb who though I like very much, I'm still on the fence about him. Jordy is obviously Rodgers go to guy. He put up 108 yards on 10 (11?) carries yesterday. Impressive numbers for Jordy but this spells trouble to me. I don't want to say he's our only decent receiver but until proven otherwise I feel that he is.

At TE Richard Rodgers made some noise but then again that is another problem.

At RB we have Starks and Lacy but we don't really support the run block.

Who do we look for going forward for WRs or TE?

My concern is if Jordy, God forbid, is injured for any length of time it may stifle our offense.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy Nelson to Aaron Rodgers is what Jerry Rice was to Joe Montana.

Looks like A-Rod was sharing the ball with others and they did very well.
No worries.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy is our #1, no doubt, but I have confidence in the offense in his absence. Just like Brady did last year with basically no targets, Rodgers when he is on can make lesser WR's look impressive. In Nelson's absence obviously Cobb would become the go-to-guy. Adams has ability and will only improve. Don't give up on Boykin quite yet, either. Remember he really stepped up as a reliable target when we dealt with injuries last year, and that was with guys other than Aaron Rodgers throwing to him. He's had a rough season so far, but he's still got ability.

We haven't really had a chance to see what Janis can do yet, but the raw talent is obviously there. The concerns certainly with Janis would be his route-running and lack of experience.

I'm with you on TE. They seem to miss Finley more than I expected. Granted, you couldn't trust his hands at times, but he really had the ability to stretch the field.

Quarless is just a guy. I think we know that by now. He can do everything "okay" but nothing particularly well. I'm disappointed that he hasn't seemed to build on a late season charge last year. Richard Rodgers was the pre-season hero. Finally thought we were starting to see some things from him on that first drive yesterday, and then nothing for the rest of the game. Where in the world has Bostick been? Even since the injury, he's done nothing.

Not concerned about our RB depth. We have 3 good RB's. Need to improve the run blocking and need to get Starks and Harris more involved.

Last edited:

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy Nelson to Aaron Rodgers is what Jerry Rice was to Joe Montana.

Looks like A-Rod was sharing the ball with others and they did very well.
No worries.
Agreed. Although the Badger is on the IR, TT drafted 3 WRs. How many would you suggest GB needs?

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we are fine at WR. Rodgers is one of those QB's that needs to trust a WR before he targets them more than 1-2 times a game.

Devonte Adams has looked good in his very limited targets. He had that nice TD catch called back against Chicago.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb will be fine and I think Adams is going to be good.Just needs more playing time I think if they can get the run game going it will give Jordy big plays

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My biggest question from yesterday would be what the difference was between the O-line yesterday and the O-line last week. Is Detroit's front that good? Bears' front that bad? It seemed to make a world of difference for the offense.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams looks good. He just needs to learn to become one with Rodgers. That low pass should have been caught yesterday and jordy would have caught it but jordy knows to hit the deck and catch it off the ground because thats what rodgers wants to do in that tight window. Adams stayed upright and couldn't get it. He will figure that out.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My biggest question from yesterday would be what the difference was between the O-line yesterday and the O-line last week. Is Detroit's front that good? Bears' front that bad? It seemed to make a world of difference for the offense.
I listened to bears post game and they said their d line blows basically. I don't think they are as bad as they made it sound but they are not in the same class as the lions.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as the O-line we should be getting Tretter back in a month or two. I doubt he will unseat Linsley who has held his own despite the penalties yesterday, but he gives us good depth at C and G.

It's too bad we lost Barclay who can back up any position, because that definitely would have given us our deepest line in years. One of the biggest things I think is keeping continuity and avoiding situations where we are shuffling guys like Lang from guard to center to tackle.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the calls on Linsely were pretty lame. Linsely has been fine. His strength and feisty attitude are whats needed on the O line. I'm thinking he hangs onto the job.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the calls on Linsely were pretty lame. Linsely has been fine. His strength and feisty attitude are whats needed on the O line. I'm thinking he hangs onto the job.

I thought one was probably acceptable and the other was ridiculous. Agreed that he hangs onto the job. Tretter becomes the versatile backup guy like Barclay. Wonder if he can play tackle in a pinch or not.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb is really good I wouldn't worry about him he is in a tie for most TDs in the NFL with 5. Jordy is leading in yds. We are great at #1 and #2 wr. I think Adams will be a good #3 at some point this year just give him some time. Now TE is another story we need someone to step up.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are totally fine at WR. That's one of the few positions on this team that doesn't concern me rofl

Members online

Latest posts