1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Offense thread

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Wood Chipper, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    Since I'm sure there will be a few threads devoted to the defense this thread is here for the specific purpose of only talking about the offense. NO DEFENSE TALK!!!

2. Ceodore

Ceodore Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +212
    Jordy's quick turnaround touchdown catch was sick.

3. Unomee

Unomee Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +37
    Ok, won't discuss D then. Not much to complain about on the offense. Not hearing Driver's name mentioned much, shows the overall quality at that position.

4. dbain21

dbain21 Chicagoland Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +143
    This offense is going to break records. They will have to save the D most games. (sorry I had to mention the D is some light).

5. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    Pass Protection needs work. Charges were missing their premier pass rusher in Shaun Phillips and Castillo and Rodgers was still under duress. Couldn't hurt to get the ball out a little quicker, but pass protection definitely needs to improve. Beyond that another day of Rodgers completing over 70% (pretty sure) of his passes for 4 TD's and no INT's is a good day for the offense.

6. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,801
    While watching today's game I was convinced that Aaron is better than Brent when the commentators were talking about their two opposite styles.
    BrINT just throwing it up there hoping it gets caught while A-Rod is more in tune with how to throw it so the receiver will catch it.
    This is the best offense we have had in a while and they are just getting started.

7. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    I always feel like the Packers can win every game. That QB of yours. That QB....something about him.;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Is Aaron Rodgers even human? Has anybody checked? Seriously!

• Like Like x 1
  9. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    With Crosby's hot foot I would not have done for that first fourth down attempt.

But I'm not a coach wearing a Superbowl ring, either.

10. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    I am fascinated by him. Fascinated.

11. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    It's been amazing

12. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,631
    Looked like the O-line was out of their element. A-rod saved them quite a few times. They weren't able to hold out the pass rush. Shows how to slow down GB. Strong rush from the front four with seven in coverage. They forgot to spy the QB though. Didn't see Cobb on offense this week. I expect some type of wildcat / option with him yet this year.
    I think they could have ran for 150 w/out the scrambles if they had a mind to. Starks was much better than Grant.

13. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    I think the best way a team can hope to stop the Offense is with consistant pressure up the middle. Rodgers can scramble make huge plays with his feet and his down field vision. But sometimes pressure right in front of him makes him hold onto the ball and step past them and ends up in a lot of sacks. Makes me a bit worried about the lions D line. Suh up the middle could be our Achilles heel

14. PackersFanfromCali80

PackersFanfromCali80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    I call Rodgers "The Human Cheat Code". He is that good. That being said, our O-line needs some work. A couple of those sacks weren't their fault...Aaron could have just thrown the ball away but he was under a bit too much pressure for my liking. Our running game did just enough to keep the D honest but as the temperature starts to drop in these winter months, we will need Starks, Grant and Kuhn to be there for us.

15. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,801
    After looking at all the scores of all the games this week, Packers had the highest.
    Just wanted to point that out.
    That is all.
    Carry on.

16. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,801
    No doubt there are some ladies of the forum who would love to check.
    How?
    I'll leave that up to you.

• Like Like x 3