Offense(ive) Thought

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree. I guess what they are running mostly is no huddle vs hurry up but while running the no-huddle, it leaves the opportunity open for hurry up on any play.

Having said that, it seems odd to me that in the no-huddle, they don't include an unpredictable pattern of snap timing. Go one play early, one play later and such. Make the other team guess more and give them less time to engage their own chess game.

It does not seem to me that the cerebral part of the game is lacking in GB. NE is clearly in a different league than we are in this regard. I understand that coaches are different and they each bring their own qualities to the table and each needs to go with their strengths. However, they also need to develop their areas of weakness as well.

I am seeing an underlying issue here, not just in the no huddle aspect, but in a far more fundamental, global aspect. Going back to the year after we beat NE in the Super Bowl with Brett, I have seen a nasty tendency that infects teams. Entitlement For some reason, teams who win, and are favored to win again seem to play the following year as if they are entitled to win, just because they are 'good'. They forget that 'hunger' that drove them to to win in the first place. In regards to that win over NE, it came after several years of overcoming hurdles that had been in GB's way for years. Dallas and SF.

Once again after we won with AR at the helm, it seemed as if it was expected we would win again, simply because we had a talented team. It's the 'hunger' the 'underdog' mentality that is missing from this team and until it gets it back, it will simply continue to be what it has been the past several years, good, but not good enough. THIS is the issue that must first and foremost be addressed. Until it is, no 'fix' will get us where we wish to go. It will only get us part way, then we fall to another team who has the 'hunger' and refuses to lose.

Oh I get all that. Was simply venting a little bit cause I'm sick of hearing people complain about our "hurry up" offense when that's not what we run.

Almost as sick as I am of hearing how our offense hasn't looked good since the bye week last season.... Nope its been since the KC game. Well before the bye week in week 3

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF we make the playoffs. I think we'll be hungry after two high level OT losses In consecutive years. Neither of which, btw, was the fault of our Offense.
Two years ago against Seattle.... There was plenty of blame to share. The offense definitely owns some of it.

D

Deleted member 6794

*Looks to Stat man Captain* What are the offensive stats for yards and points scored when running from the no huddle over the last 5 years? *watches Captain scurry off with the sandwich I made him*

Here are the numbers for the Packers no huddle offense since 2011:

2011: 87 plays for 463 yards (5.32 avg.), 1 TD

2012: 210 plays for 1,272 yards (6.06 avg.), 10 TD

2013: 222 plays for 1,577 yards (7.10 avg.), 6 TD

2014: 335 plays for 2,229 yards (6.65 avg.), 18 TD

2015: 440 plays for 2,183 yards (4.96 avg.), 19 TD

2016: 26 plays for 132 yards (5.08 avg.), 1 TD

It's interesting that the Packers record setting offense in 2011 hardly ever used a no huddle offense but since then the volume of it has increased dramatically. Not surprisingly the Packers have struggled gaining yards consistently in that formation since the start of the 2015 season as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts