longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This time has some good hitting.

Its nice to be excited and not watching a 1 and 5 team

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
They made Scherzer look "little league" ... I lost a straight up bet on yesterday's win ... going 19-0 in 1st two games, ya know... I'd thought they'd relax.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Holy crap ... 2 straight shut-out losses. I know it's early in the season, I get it ... but really, these guys seem to play when they want to and completely shut it down without notice. The Crew are usually my diversion until training camp opens (my son is a REAL fan) and I admittedly was never good enough to play baseball on an organized level of any kind (all glove-no hit) ... but my gawd... Counsell ought to make them sit down and watch The Natural. :rolleyes:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
What a year!
It sure has been. I've been watching out of the corner of my eye (and on Bally Sports ... ;)) and while it's nice they win the Central, I have to admit that since Packers training camp opened, I haven't paid much attention to MLB.

Gotta ask LTF, why does it seem as though the Crew go into a hitting slump every time Burnes starts? Aside from that, I'm just enjoying the ride because the Crew beat the teams they're supposed to, but the Braves and Dodgers have the same prescription (including beating the Brewers). I do think it cool that the Crew can knock the Cubbies out of the playoffs.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It sure has been. I've been watching out of the corner of my eye (and on Bally Sports ... ;)) and while it's nice they win the Central, I have to admit that since Packers training camp opened, I haven't paid much attention to MLB.

Gotta ask LTF, why does it seem as though the Crew go into a hitting slump every time Burnes starts? Aside from that, I'm just enjoying the ride because the Crew beat the teams they're supposed to, but the Braves and Dodgers have the same prescription (including beating the Brewers). I do think it cool that the Crew can knock the Cubbies out of the playoffs.
Who knows. Maybe they feel they don't have to hit? Lol

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I know...its always something

Now I live in Phoneix area I wear.my brewer stuff and people do dbl takes

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Bad base running, no clutch hitting and they get swept....

15 total posts for the Brewer 2023 Season....I think Shaggy has his answer.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Brewers: They'll just break your heart. (This is about the time my kid says "Shut up, old man." :roflmao:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't follow the Brewers nearly as close as I follow the Packers, Badgers or Bucks. So I have to ask others, would Craig Counsell moving on, be a bad or good thing?

I know the Brewers management wants him back, but is that what would be best for a team that can't seem to go very far in the playoffs? Is Counsell's situation similar to what the Bucks faced with Mike Budenholzer? Really solid "coach" in the regular season, but struggles against other elite teams?

All that said, I do acknowledge that IMO, there is a difference between the Bucks and the Brewers in regards to talent. With the Bucks having top level talent and the Brewers not. So that makes it seem like Counsell did more with less and besides the 1 Championship, Budenholzer did less with more.

I know the Brewers are more handcuffed by what they can spend on talent and that makes it very difficult to compete with the Dodgers, Braves and other large market teams. So maybe it isn't Counsell, more than it is the fact that the Brewers are at their ultimate peak, with what they have to spend?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Income generation since the Stadium is suddenly open.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't follow the Brewers nearly as close as I follow the Packers, Badgers or Bucks. So I have to ask others, would Craig Counsell moving on, be a bad or good thing?

I know the Brewers management wants him back, but is that what would be best for a team that can't seem to go very far in the playoffs? Is Counsell's situation similar to what the Bucks faced with Mike Budenholzer? Really solid "coach" in the regular season, but struggles against other elite teams?

All that said, I do acknowledge that IMO, there is a difference between the Bucks and the Brewers in regards to talent. With the Bucks having top level talent and the Brewers not. So that makes it seem like Counsell did more with less and besides the 1 Championship, Budenholzer did less with more.

I know the Brewers are more handcuffed by what they can spend on talent and that makes it very difficult to compete with the Dodgers, Braves and other large market teams. So maybe it isn't Counsell, more than it is the fact that the Brewers are at their ultimate peak, with what they have to spend?
Craig is a good coach. Mikwaukee is always relevant since he has been around

Maybe a diff coach gets more from players?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Maybe a diff coach gets more from players?
Or possibly, less?

Like I said, I don't read much about the Brewers, so I have no real clue as to what is going on behind the scenes. I probably only watched 20 games this year and listened to another 20 or so on the radio. It isn't like this team is stacked with great players. The starting pitching rotation could have been one of the better ones, but Brandon Woodruff only pitching 67 innings this year, didn't help. That said, I think it was the Brewer offense that was lacking most. Too often, their bats went silent and just like the 2 games against the D-Backs, their clutch hitting was silent.

One thing I do know is that Corbin Burnes wasn't super happy with his arbitration proceedings last year and his 2023 season wasn't quite up to his previous 2. Maybe time to shop him and improve the offense?
Craig is a good coach. Mikwaukee is always relevant since he has been around
That is the part that I keep going back to and probably why, if they can get him to stay, might be best for a team that has the small market odds stacked against them.

Members online

Latest posts