Off-season/Mock

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright alright alright.

Cut Graham. Cut Perry. Sayanora *****es.

Sign one of DLaw, Ford, Brandon Graham Frank Clark.

Sign one of Preston Smith, Zadarius Smith, Shaq Barrett.

Sign Cam Wake to a 1-2 year deal.

Sign one of Adrian Amos/Lamarcus Joyner

Sign Jared Cook.

Bring back Cobb on a cheap one year.

I have no idea if this is possible cap wise, don't care tbh.

DRAFT DAY HAS ARRIVED:

1A) Jonah Williams - OT - Roll Tide
Hopefully available. Other OL options would be Jawaan Taylor or Andre Dillard. I like Williams the best. He plugs in at OG the first year, eventually replaces Bulaga.

1B) Nasir Adderley - Safety - Some small school
Honestly reminds me of Nick Collins. He's a single high safety with good tackling skills. Honestly, we could take him at 12 and I wouldn't mind.

2) Irv Smith - TE - Roll Tide - If Hockenson or Fant are available, I would prefer them, but I don't think they are. Smith is really good too. Can bust the seam, good hands, more than capable blocker. Big fan.

3) Joe Jackson - Edge - Miamuh
I think if he lost about 10 pounds, he could re-gain his explosiveness. Looked like an easy first rounder his freshman year. Lots of undeveloped talent there.

4) Dawson Knox - TE - Ole Miss
Great athlete. Don't know if he will be here or not, but I'd like him.

4) Penny Hart - WR - some small school
Dynamic slot WR. Has ST value. We need a slot.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Hard for me to see them spending that much on edge players. You're talking about a ~16M player plus an 8-10M player plus Cam Wake. I'd love the make over but its hard to imagine it happening.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st 3 picks are good. I think williams could be the 3rd OL off the board, but he is the safest pick. He should be very good as OG immediately. I would like the pick but dont think he will be the BPA.

Tough to figure with your FA list. I think if you are that aggressive trying to fill every perceived need with an expensive FA, it's not going to go well.

BTW: I think Williams will be there I think he goes 12 to 20 and closer to 20.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard for me to see them spending that much on edge players. You're talking about a ~16M player plus an 8-10M player plus Cam Wake. I'd love the make over but its hard to imagine it happening.

SPEND ALL THE MONEY

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The caveat was "don't know, don't care".

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright alright alright.

Cut Graham. Cut Perry. Sayanora *****es.

Sign one of DLaw, Ford, Brandon Graham Frank Clark.

Sign one of Preston Smith, Zadarius Smith, Shaq Barrett.

Sign Cam Wake to a 1-2 year deal.

Sign one of Adrian Amos/Lamarcus Joyner

Sign Jared Cook.

Bring back Cobb on a cheap one year.

I have no idea if this is possible cap wise, don't care tbh.

DRAFT DAY HAS ARRIVED:

1A) Jonah Williams - OT - Roll Tide
Hopefully available. Other OL options would be Jawaan Taylor or Andre Dillard. I like Williams the best. He plugs in at OG the first year, eventually replaces Bulaga.

1B) Nasir Adderley - Safety - Some small school
Honestly reminds me of Nick Collins. He's a single high safety with good tackling skills. Honestly, we could take him at 12 and I wouldn't mind.

2) Irv Smith - TE - Roll Tide - If Hockenson or Fant are available, I would prefer them, but I don't think they are. Smith is really good too. Can bust the seam, good hands, more than capable blocker. Big fan.

3) Joe Jackson - Edge - Miamuh
I think if he lost about 10 pounds, he could re-gain his explosiveness. Looked like an easy first rounder his freshman year. Lots of undeveloped talent there.

4) Dawson Knox - TE - Ole Miss
Great athlete. Don't know if he will be here or not, but I'd like him.

4) Penny Hart - WR - some small school
Dynamic slot WR. Has ST value. We need a slot.

I'd lose Brandon from the first list and add jadaveon clowney and I'd add Anthony Barr to the 2nd list. I think, thats the edge rusher route I'd go if the front office was gonna spend all that money on the position.

I slot jadaveon clowney as my 15-17 million a year guy and instead of signing a guy for 8 to 10 million and cam wake. I'd just sign Anthony Barr for 10-12 million.

And honestly Matthews and Perry counted 22 million against the cap in 2018 so you're not talking about a huge increase in percentage of the cap allocated to the edge position. Especially when considering the cap continues to increase each off season.

I actually think the Packers could realistically fit both Barr and clowney under the salary cap. And what a defense that would instantly be

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Frank Ckark isn't happening and Dee Ford will be a tough pull from KC. Lawrenece probably isnt making it to us either. I think our best shot is Ford with us hiring there LB coach. I doubt they move on from both Perry and Graham unless they just want to tear the whole thing to the ground.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If somehow the Chiefs decide to let Ford go (maybe because of the scheme shift?) then I think signing him alone would max out what the Packers could manage at the position financially. But it would be a great get.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If somehow the Chiefs decide to let Ford go (maybe because of the scheme shift?) then I think signing him alone would max out what the Packers could manage at the position financially. But it would be a great get.

Ford loves KC and wants to stay. I think it's more of an issue that they are on the hook with Houston for 21 million and signing Ford(top pressue rating in NFL in 2018) would put them close to 40 million for those two players which is kind of steep.

They have Mahommes on a rookie deal so maybe they can pull it off. Well see.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Ford loves KC and wants to stay. I thinks it's more of an issue that they are on the hook with Houston for 21 million and signing Ford(top pressue rating in NFL in 2018) would put them close to 40 million for those two players which is kind of steep.

They have Mahommes on a rookie deal so maybe they can pull it off. Well see.

They definitely have the space if they want to do it. And they probably will. The scheme angle is the only sliver of possibility I see, and it's slim.

Someone like Za'Darius Smith seems more likely to me.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
They definitely have the space if they want to do it. And they probably will. The scheme angle is the only sliver of possibility I see, and it's slim.

Someone like Za'Darius Smith seems more likely to me.

Yeah, I just dont see them letting the guy with the top pressure rating in the league go especially when he likes it there. Same with Frank Clark. No way Seahawks are letting him go.

Smith is someone who will probably be available and will get overpaid. Could be great. Could be Nick Perry all over again.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts