Seattle Seahawks 30/1
St.Louis Rams 50/1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 40/1
Tennessee Titans 35/1
Washington Redskins 40/1

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if the Giants fans are saying "We get no respect".

Afterall, they ARE the Superbowl champions...

RP, this year I might bet a $100 on the Packers superbowl.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
14/1 eh? That's best for the NFC North.

I wish it were higher (whoops, said lower but meant higher) though - that way the team can really play up that "nobody likes us" angle. Although, they can probably already use it given that a lot of folks still write off the team. Maybe they think they are the Green Bay Brett Favres and forget about all the other players.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the higher the odds are stacked against us, the more money you'll win when you put $100 down on the Packers to win it all in SBXLIII

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it's not the same as odds, but I can just about tell you what the rankings will be in the season preview magazines. I always buy them, cause it's fun to read the safe picks the writers make. Street and Smith had the Bears winning the North, the Eagles winning the East...so now it will be Packers in the North and Giants in the East. It's always the really safe picks.

Two seasons ago they said the Super Bowl would be the Broncos and Panthers, and neither of those teams ended up making the playoffs that year.

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am convinced it was win or bust for the Patriots this year.

14-1 for the Pack not bad.

But come on 30 - 1 for the Bears. There's a 0 missing surely?????

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you want to play odds, how about this? The year before MM took over the Pack they won 4 games. In MM's first year they win 4 more than the year before and go 8-8. This year they win 5 more than the year before and go 13-4. So, if the numbers are right, next year they win 6 more games than this year and go 19-0.

That means Super Bowl win, baby!!

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you want to play odds, how about this? The year before MM took over the Pack they won 4 games. In MM's first year they win 4 more than the year before and go 8-8. This year they win 5 more than the year before and go 13-4. So, if the numbers are right, next year they win 6 more games than this year and go 19-0.

That means immortality!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That means History!!!!!!!!!!

favre2driver

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lol I never noticed that.
The Patriots won't finish 16-0 like this season. Their already not so strong secondary has a possible retirement (rodney harrison.) and free agent (asante samuel) They don't have lots of depth there. The LBs also have Junior Seau and Tedy Bruschi considering retirmennt so... 13-3 record for them.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, I wonder the Vegas analyst reasonings for picking us at 14-1 odds. They have the Pats at 3-1, which I think is absurd. The Pats team has several key players (immediately Junior Seau and Kevin Faulk come to mind) who are getting up there in age. And Randy Moss had a season that's a statistical anomoly. He won't come close to those numbers next year as opponents will do everything in their power to limit Brady's throwing time.

Now the Packers are the youngest team in the NFL. We lost to the SB winner by a field goal in OT. Do they dismiss us as a one-year wonder? If so, why?

I'm wondering if they're thinking Harris and Woodson will drop off next year and we'll be picked apart by top tier passing teams. Or maybe they think Favre won't come back. Whatever their reasonings, I want to know how they came up with 14-1 odds.

Green and gold lenses aside, I see us improving next year. I think Harris' stock will drop slightly, but we'll adjust for it accordingly. Our DC won't make that mistake again. Plus, the big surprise in '08 will be Atari Bigby who just may lead NFC safeties in INTs next year as he's representing the NFC in the Pro Bowl. The other thing is Rouse will be the starting FS. We'll have two of the more punishing Safeties and opposing WRs will hate playing in Lambeau.

I also see MM working more on the ground game and us becoming a more run friendly team, more like our '03 offense except better because of a better WR staff.

The thing we'll need to see is one more stud on the DL. If someone can take the consistent double teams off of Kampman, we should be good enough to punish pass first teams.

So, why are we 14-1 odds to win the SB? The thing to always keep in mind though is picking SB champs is like picking stocks. You can work 50-60 hours a week at it and still not beat the S&P 500 index. So don't believe the oddsmakers just because it's their full-time job. I still want to hear their reasonings.

Desis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
14/1 is pretty nice. But im not even sure we'll make it ot the playoffs this year. But 50$ on Packers ;)

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
Dolphins 100/1 wow what a bet that would be if they pulled it off LOL

I might actually throw down on that. It'd be worth it if they pulled it through. Pitch down $100 on a 100/1 bet. That's $10,000 if you win! :shock:

Desis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:

I might actually throw down on that. It'd be worth it if they pulled it through. Pitch down $100 on a 100/1 bet. That's $10,000 if you win! :shock:

See that would be pretty nice ;)
But whats chance that Dolphin is gonna win, uhm, just 3 matches? :lol:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
eap33 said:
Green_Bay_Packers said:

See that would be pretty nice ;)
But whats chance that Dolphin is gonna win, uhm, just 3 matches? :lol:

probably a lot better than winning the SB.

I think I'll send my buddy $100 to put on the Packers (he goes to Vegas about once a month). $1400 and I take Mrs. Z on a 3-day cruise.

Packerbacker04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see us making the playoffs but losing in the first round at home as usual. We always choke at home nonetheless. We cant win in lambeau. Farve will never see a sb ever again unfortunately.

Desis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see us making the playoffs but losing in the first round at home as usual. We always choke at home nonetheless. We cant win in lambeau. Farve will never see a sb ever again unfortunately.

Well it didn't go that way this year. So why can't we make it next season?
By the way, has Favre deciced if he's gonna play for us next season?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We beat Seattle at home, twice.

We went on to lose to the team that one the SB by a field goal in OT. I wouldn't be ashamed of this team.

Think of it this way - '07 Packers = '95 Packers. :cool:

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Odds to win the 2009 Super Bowl XLIII Odds

Arizona Cardinals 40/1
Atlanta Falcons 100/1
Baltimore Ravens 50/1
Buffalo Bills 80/1
Carolina Panthers 50/1
Chicago Bears 30/1
Cincinnati Bengals 35/1
Cleveland Browns 35/1
Dallas Cowboys 7/1
Denver Broncos 30/1
Detroit Lions 60/1
Green Bay Packers 14/1
Houston Texans 65/1
Indianapolis Colts 8/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 15/1
Kansas City Chiefs 100/1
Miami Dolphins 100/1
Minnesota Vikings 30/1
New England Patriots 3/1
New Orleans Saints 35/1
New York Giants 12/1
New York Jets 80/1
Oakland Raiders 80/1
Philadelphia Eagles 30/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 20/1
San Diego Chargers 7/1
San Francisco 49ers 70/1
Seattle Seahawks 30/1
St.Louis Rams 50/1
Tennessee Titans 35/1
Washington Redskins 40/1

Brett Officially Retires 03/06 NEW ODDS AS OF TODAY. 03/07

Arizona Cardinals 50/1
Atlanta Falcons 125/1
Baltimore Ravens 50/1
Buffalo Bills 80/1
Carolina Panthers 55/1
Chicago Bears 30/1
Cincinnati Bengals 40/1
Cleveland Browns 28/1
Dallas Cowboys 8/1
Denver Broncos 40/1
Detroit Lions 65/1
Green Bay Packers 20/1
Houston Texans 60/1
Indianapolis Colts 7/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 14/1
Kansas City Chiefs 100/1
Miami Dolphins 80/1
Minnesota Vikings 30/1
New England Patriots 10/3
New Orleans Saints 25/1
New York Giants 14/1
New York Jets 70/1
Oakland Raiders 100/1
Philadelphia Eagles 22/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 25/1
San Diego Chargers 8/1
San Francisco 49ers 80/1
Seattle Seahawks 28/1
St.Louis Rams 65/1
Tennessee Titans 35/1
Washington Redskins 35/1

Packers go from 14 to 1.... To 20 to 1.

Interesting.

RP

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Atlanta.... 125/1... wow. That's tempting. Throw $80 on that. That's a $10,000 return if they win... insanity!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me too.
My buddy hasn't hit Vegas yet. I'm still giving him $100 for the Packers.

TT specifically built this team to withstand Favre's departure, meaning he minimized the relevance of the QB. MM also wants us to be a more "balanced" O, 50/50 run/pass.

I'm not taking anything away from Rodgers, so please don't think I'm inferring that. I'm just saying TT/MM are trying to build a more balanced team so QB isn't everything.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts