Oddball fact

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Seems there was a trend of home teams getting blown out at home the first week of the regular season.

• Ravens 27
    Buccaneers 0

Chargers 27
    Raiders 0

Bears 26
    Packers 0

The Packers gave up the least amount of points!! (among teams that were shut out at home lol)

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many people said that the Packers were the worst team in the NFL after Sundays debacle.
I think that the Raiders proved last night that they are truely the worst team in the NFL.
They are seriously a joke of epic proportions.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
Many people said that the Packers were the worst team in the NFL after Sundays debacle.
I think that the Raiders proved last night that they are truely the worst team in the NFL.
They are seriously a joke of epic proportions.

I guess that makes us feel a little bit better.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i feel a little better i watsome of the raiders game glad we dont have brooks,tomlinson was all over the place raiders o-line on and off that quick at times and the d-line was worn out before the first half was over,so i dont feel bad at least our d-line held grossman to 1 t.d. :)

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they said on ESPN this morning that this is the first time since 1977 that there have been three shutouts in the NFL in the same week. It's no coincidence that it happened in the first week of the season, when offenses are not yet up to speed. (Look at all the low scores and field goals we saw this week, even by some of the winning teams.) I think the Raiders are headed for a distastrous season, and it's not like they are an especially young team either. They have no sense of direction, and their players are already grumbling about it.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some more oddball info.

http://nfl.com/news/story/9653133

Trio should rebound from shutout losses

By Pat Kirwan
NFL.com Senior Analyst

First time in 15 years with three shutouts in one weekend
(Sept. 11, 2006) -- There were three shutouts in Week 1, and all three teams that won did it on the road -- Baltimore over Tampa Bay, Chicago over Green Bay and San Diego over Oakland. Shutouts are rare in the NFL. In 2005, there were only six shutouts all season. In 2004, only four teams were blanked all season. And in 2003, there were 11 goose eggs on the scoreboard. In 768 games over a three-year period, just 21 times did a team hold another team to zero points. Two percent of NFL games end with a team scoreless.

You have to go back to 2003 to recall an opening-day shutout when the Patriots went into Buffalo and were blanked by the Bills 31-0. The irony of that score was that in the last game of that season, the Patriots returned the favor by blanking the Bills with an identical 31-0 score. I'm sure that Tampa Bay, Green Bay and Atlanta fans, the players and coaches, are absolutely sick about how their teams lost this weekend. But there is a ray of hope.

In the 21 previous shutouts over the past three seasons, 12 of the losing teams came back and won the following week. Eight teams followed the shutout with another loss. And of course, when the Patriots avenged their opening-day shutout with one of their own at the end of the season in 2003, there wasn't a follow-up game. NFL players and coaches are tough individuals and I'm sure the Bucs and Packers are going to find a way to rally. Remember, 60 percent of the teams shut out over the past three years won the following week.

All three of those teams shut out in Week 1 have uphill battles in Week 2. Tampa Bay travels to Atlanta and faces a Falcons team that completely shut down the favored Panthers; Oakland heads to Baltimore after the Ravens ripped through the Bucs (one of last weekend's shutouts); and Green Bay hosts a New Orleans team coming off an opening-day win while showing promise with some talented young players.

dannychau22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you think about it we really didn't do as bad as the score indicates. Chicago had good field position the whole day while our offense was pinned in our own territory. Also, our defense didnt play as bad as most people think they did. The run defense in my opinion was good considering the bears have a 1400 yard back with a good line. The pass defense was decent minus the few blown coverages. If they could get a pass rush with the front four then they could be a top 5 defensive backfield.

Also the offense i thought played better than i personally expected. The picks favre had were late in the game with the game out of reach and with the bears knowing that we were gonna pass. I also thought the running game did way better than anyone expected considering that they were running against the bears D. This team justs needs to gel and get some team chemistry.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't RaiderPride both a cheesehead fan and a raider fan??? I'm a little concerned that we haven't heard from him.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
Isn't RaiderPride both a cheesehead fan and a raider fan??? I'm a little concerned that we haven't heard from him.

I'm concerned about RP too. I think it's becoming obvious that Al Davis just isn't capable of running a football team anymore. The Jeff George signing during the preseason was a major red flag, even though they later cut him.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ouch, 0-2 with both teams being shut out. Hope he's not a SF Giants fan too. Poor bastard...at least in God's country fishing.

Staff online

Latest posts