1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

OCCUPY HARVARD

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by AmishMafia, Nov 9, 2011.

1. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,777
    I am developing a cause to solve all the problems in the US. And you thought us Amish were just interested in homemade dairy products and looming.

Occupy Harvard!

A great injustice is happening in the US. Forget about occupying Wall Street, that is not the source of our woes. The problem is the process of getting onto Wall Street in a powerful position is restricted to an elite few.

Consider this
    • If you have a degree from Harvard, you are 300 times more likely to be a CEO of a fortune 500 company than if you have no college degree.
    • Only 0.0006% of high school graduates are allowed to go there.
    • Havard grads make, on average, $76k per year more than a person with no college degree starting.

Why should the rest of us not have the same opportunity that a Harvard degree provides?

Why should a select few, who pay a huge tuition and study very hard for 4 years with brilliant minds have an advantage?

Its a free country and we should all be equals - with equal Harvard degrees.

JOIN together now! We want EVERY US CITIZEN to be given a college degree from Harvard.

Think of the benefits if everyone has a Harvard degree:

• Every person would make an extra $76k a year. NO POVERTY!
    • Everyone making $76k per year would pay an additional $20k in taxes per year. NO DEFICIT!
    • If everyone has a Harvard degree we would be smarter. We would elect better government. We would have better diplomacy as we could solve problems with our collective huge brains. NO WAR!
    • We would all afford great cars with better pollution control. NO POLLUTION!
    • Most Harvard grads get invited to country clubs and cocktail parties. PARTIES!

2. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,777
  3. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +606
    It's absolutely sickening. I believe they should open a Harvard in every city after what I just read!

4. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    Reading stories on the "We are the 99%" a month ago, on Occupy Wall Street I began to wonder why I, my girlfriend, and family members were not wasting time protesting, because we all have sad stories too, but thankfully we have the miracle of love for one another, and work 5 days a week, and have our own houses. My favorite "We are the 99%" people are the ones that were putting OBAMA 2012 in their papers complaining. Yeah they want to blame the gorvernment, but not that jackass lol.

I get that people are mad, and yeah we all have been screwed over by the banks, and other things, but quitting your job to get out there and protest isn't going to change anything. When I seen those idiots on the news interviews bragging how they quit their jobs to get out there and protest, I couldn't help but shake my head.

I do think the banks are corrupt, and the government could do better for the people, but life is tough, it's hard, it's not easy. All that protesting isn't going to change anything on life.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,777
    All you need to know about occupy Wall Street is that when homeless people showed up and started eating their food, they shut down the kitchen. they are upset that some people have more than they do and desire a redistribution of wealth , but when people who show up who are even more poor they no longer believe in sharing the wealth. Hypocrites. Greedy hypocrites.

• Like Like x 1