Obnoxious Bears fans crossed the line with Katrina-rel

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dungy and the Lombardi Trophy.......deserving of each other.

Hahahahaaaa...
Now it has gone from New Orleans to Tony Dungy.
I guess that there will be a “Saint” in the Super Bowl after all eh?

"Tony Dungy. His *** smells like fresh cut flowers"
"Tony Dungy. He can urinate champagne.... already chilled"
"Tony Dungy. The man who single handedly cured cancer, AIDS and ended apartheid"

Let me remind you about Tony Dungy and 2006.
A lot of people, especially around Indianapolis, felt that if he did not take the Colts to the Super Bowl this year then he was done in Indianapolis.
They felt that he could not take the Colts to the next level and that is why he was fired in Tampa Bay.
After a great start they struggled the 2nd half of the season and were embarrassed a couple of times. They even lost to Houston and Tennessee and lost 3 of their last 5.
They stumbled into the playoffs and there were real concerns that they would not beat K.C. at home.
Now you want to fit Tony Dungy for a halo, give him the noble peace prize and bury him next to Abraham Lincoln when he dies... no, IF he dies!
Why not appoint him as Vice-Pope or something.
You did not give a damn about Tony Dungy two weeks ago and you know it.
This is a real footbal game, not a life time achievement award for Tony Dungy.

The comment and sign at the Bears game was not mine. I was not at the game nor was I on TV.
You asked what I thought about it and I told you that this was making a big deal out of it.
Suddenly it is me who peed in the Holy Grail or something. I am sure that if I started a thread with the heading "Obnoxious Packer fans" than you would have had plenty to say about it.
Instead of complaining about the situation here and blaming someone else for it why don't you get up from the computer and write a check to the city of New Orleans?
I know that it will be difficult to sign it while you are so busy patting yourselves on the back all the time but just give it a try for once.
:thumbsup:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
poor barbaro...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Dude, there is nothing funny about a great athlete dieing in his prime. You are sick and disgusting! How dare you make light of this while the rest of civilization weeps?
Lucky for you that you are not a Bears fan or the feel good gang would tell you how you are a typical low life who has no compassion.

Being a Packer fan gives you that free pass so you can strive to be a role model like P@ack66.
:rotflmao:

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've sat here and read all of these comments and it's absolutely ridiculous. First of all, saying that someone is a "typical Bears fan" because he's a jerk is ridiculous. I know a lot of great people who are Bears fans. In fact, the majority of Bears fans I know are nice people. I am a huge fan of the Packer. They are my favorite sports team, PERIOD, but I know a lot of Packers fans who are very mean spirited and are complete jerks.

Yes, if you go to a game to see your favorite team at an opposing team's stadium, you are going to get heckled. Packer fans are just as guilty of this as Bear fans. But using Katrina to make a quick joke is so wrong. What if someone held up a sign at the Super Bowl making some lame joke about Tank Johnson's dead body guard? Or someone making a joke about Favre's dad at the game after he died? It be sickening.

I'm all for the usual ribbing between Packer and Bear fans, and I'm sure I'm going to be made fun of for "sticking up for Bears fans". Doesn't matter. I'm a football fan. I'm going to tell you if you're defense is horrible, but I'm also going to expect it back when my wide receiver sucks. But at least it's about football, and not about a horrible natural disaster that took lots of lives and changed many more.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've sat here and read all of these comments and it's absolutely ridiculous. First of all, saying that someone is a "typical Bears fan" because he's a jerk is ridiculous. I know a lot of great people who are Bears fans. In fact, the majority of Bears fans I know are nice people. I am a huge fan of the Packer. They are my favorite sports team, PERIOD, but I know a lot of Packers fans who are very mean spirited and are complete jerks.

Yes, if you go to a game to see your favorite team at an opposing team's stadium, you are going to get heckled. Packer fans are just as guilty of this as Bear fans. But using Katrina to make a quick joke is so wrong. What if someone held up a sign at the Super Bowl making some lame joke about Tank Johnson's dead body guard? Or someone making a joke about Favre's dad at the game after he died? It be sickening.

I'm all for the usual ribbing between Packer and Bear fans, and I'm sure I'm going to be made fun of for "sticking up for Bears fans". Doesn't matter. I'm a football fan. I'm going to tell you if you're defense is horrible, but I'm also going to expect it back when my wide receiver sucks. But at least it's about football, and not about a horrible natural disaster that took lots of lives and changed many more.

Excellent post. People are people. The idiots that put up the Katrina signs are just that - idiots. Doesn't matter who they are rooting for.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nathaniel said:

Excellent post. People are people. The idiots that put up the Katrina signs are just that - idiots. Doesn't matter who they are rooting for.

You are never going to convince them of that here man.
They have a thousand and one ready-made excuses for the Packers players and their fans.
They will ignore every fact and twist every comment into what ever makes it sound like they have a monopoly on being a better fan of the NFL or a better human being than any one who does not wear a Packer jersey.
It is this constant self-admiration that makes Packers fans hated and made fun of by so many people.
Get over yourselves!

fvre4mvp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The saints played how many teams on the road and how many opposing fans held up a sign like that??? Is it just a wild coincidence that it happens for the first time at soldier field???

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The saints played how many teams on the road and how many opposing fans held up a sign like that??? Is it just a wild coincidence that it happens for the first time at soldier field???

Can't let it go eh?
And you believe that this was the first time that a fan or fans were rude at an NFL game? No, it is not a "wild coincidence" as you say. It is Saints fans whining about something that happens in every stadium around the league on every Sunday.
I worked at Soldier Field for three years and walked through every area of the place during football games. Try going to a game in Philadelphia or Oakland with your Packers Jacket on and you will find out just what rudeness is really about.
They are pretty nasty in Buffalo as well.
The Saints fans crying about this is ironic since the fans at L.S.U. are famous for being extremely rude and vulgar to opposing teams and their fans.
By the way, since when have the fans at Soldier Field been ranked at the top of the list for rudest fans?

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Try going to a game in Philadelphia or Oakland with your Packers Jacket on and you will find out just what rudeness is really about.
They are pretty nasty in Buffalo as well.[/quote]

That's funny because when Eagles home games are on TV, it's the one place where you can make out every single thing they chant, and most of the time it's not nice. They were flipping off and yelling at Rocky on Monday Night Football, and he's a Philly "native". Haha.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
nathaniel said:

They have a thousand and one ready-made excuses for the Packers players and their fans.
They will ignore every fact and twist every comment into what ever makes it sound like they have a monopoly on being a better fan of the NFL or a better human being than any one who does not wear a Packer jersey.
It is this constant self-admiration that makes Packers fans hated and made fun of by so many people.
Get over yourselves!

you're pretty much doing the exact same thing here in this post...and pretty much everyday with all the blanket statements. all of the "them's" and "they's" it's damn near your MO Phil.

irony?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
4thand26 said:
nathaniel said:

Get over yourselves!

you're pretty much doing the exact same thing here in this post...and pretty much everyday with all the blanket statements. all of the "them's" and "they's" it's damn near your MO Phil.

irony?

Ok.
I will not come back here till after the Super Bowl and let's see if the whole "if you say black then I say white" routine has died down.
Deal?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:

irony?

Ok.
I will not come back here till after the Super Bowl and let's see if the whole "if you say black then I say white" routine has died down.
Deal?

i am thoroughly confused...typical Packer fan right?

i don't even disagree with your initial point in this thread. i just thought that last post was funny. in essence you were saying "don't bother trying to explain to Packer fans that all Bears fans aren't the same, they won't get it."

1, because of the contradiction...and 2, because you do it all the time.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trippster said:
Dungy and the Lombardi Trophy.......deserving of each other.

Hahahahaaaa...
Now it has gone from New Orleans to Tony Dungy.
I guess that there will be a “Saint” in the Super Bowl after all eh?

"Tony Dungy. His *** smells like fresh cut flowers"
"Tony Dungy. He can urinate champagne.... already chilled"
"Tony Dungy. The man who single handedly cured cancer, AIDS and ended apartheid"

Let me remind you about Tony Dungy and 2006.
A lot of people, especially around Indianapolis, felt that if he did not take the Colts to the Super Bowl this year then he was done in Indianapolis.
They felt that he could not take the Colts to the next level and that is why he was fired in Tampa Bay.
After a great start they struggled the 2nd half of the season and were embarrassed a couple of times. They even lost to Houston and Tennessee and lost 3 of their last 5.
They stumbled into the playoffs and there were real concerns that they would not beat K.C. at home.
Now you want to fit Tony Dungy for a halo, give him the noble peace prize and bury him next to Abraham Lincoln when he dies... no, IF he dies!
Why not appoint him as Vice-Pope or something.
You did not give a damn about Tony Dungy two weeks ago and you know it.
This is a real footbal game, not a life time achievement award for Tony Dungy.

The comment and sign at the Bears game was not mine. I was not at the game nor was I on TV.
You asked what I thought about it and I told you that this was making a big deal out of it.
Suddenly it is me who peed in the Holy Grail or something. I am sure that if I started a thread with the heading "Obnoxious Packer fans" than you would have had plenty to say about it.
Instead of complaining about the situation here and blaming someone else for it why don't you get up from the computer and write a check to the city of New Orleans?
I know that it will be difficult to sign it while you are so busy patting yourselves on the back all the time but just give it a try for once.
:thumbsup:

So now you are an expert on what everyone in Indy thought of Dungy? That his job was in jeopardy? Let me remind you that it takes a good coach to get to the playoffs that often with different teams. Only one team a year can achieve all their goals.

Dungy and the Lombardi Trophy.......deserving of each other
Said this to **** you off........and it worked.

However! I have followed Tony Dungy since he played basketball in high school. He was 2 or 3 years ahead of me and went to Parkside High School, our rival school, in Jackson, MI. He was a nice kid then, and I thought a better bball player than football player. So no, I did not just recently decide to cheer him on. He is a class act and I admire that in him.

As far as writing a check to N.O. I already did that. right after the hurricane. I also have attended many fundraisers and given there. Who are you to even speak? You spend your time trying to make others miserable on a website of a team that you don't even like! Maybe you should get off your computer and check out your surroundings.....

I think Lovie is deserving of the trophy too. He has done a nice job so far. It is the fans like you that I hope don't get to enjoy the victory.

The ultimate truth Phil is, win, lose , or draw, you will still be an unhappy person who finds a sick joy in negativity. And that, is what is sad about many bear fans that I know.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts