"O" Line

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:D What are the thoughts regarding GB's "O" line for the season now that the draft is over and GB apparently has some effective personnel to play Guard? Also keep having a view of a three man backfield: Ahman, Gado and Henderson. Now that won't happen but,our High School team used it to great advantage lo these many eons ago.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see Barry get in shape for training camp down to maybe 318 and push for the starting RG spot.

Right now I think it looks like

RT Mark Tauscher
RG ? Coston/Barry/Whitaker/Spitz
OC Scott Wells
LG Dayrn Colledge
RT Chad Clifton

I think Coston is the front runner for RG. I think it'll be better. It depends how well they gel in training camp.

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. I think Coston should be the starter at RG. I was hoping Barry would get his act together but obviously he didnt and he ballooned during the offseason. So the starting line should be:

LT Chad Clifton
LG Dayrn Colledge
OC Scott Wells (could be Spitz later on in the year)
RG Junius Coston (could be Spitz or Barry later on in the year)
RT Mark Tauscher

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we should forget about Barry and Whittaker playing guard. Make them both backup tackles. I am all right with what you propose Chi, however, I am apprehensive. I think if that is the way Jags chooses to go, then it is imperative that we install them right away at the beginning of training camp and let them work.

Last year was a big clusterfvck for the interior O-line because nobody got comfortable with their positions. Wells at center all year this year is going to be good. He is a bull dog in there. I'm concerened about the guards in that I haven't seen them play.

The bottom line with this change in O-line scheme is that it will take patience by players, coaches, and especially FANS. I would think by mid season they should be playing pretty well together as a group. Let's just hope all of our RB's and especially our QB aren't walking the sidelines on IR.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We may see Tauscher moved to guard and Barry playing tackle. In the scheme they use the guard doesn't pull much and mostly blocks straight ahead and Tauscher would be good at that. I also look for us to pick up a veteran after cuts on June 1 that could start at guard. Colledge will probably start at one guard position but it will take him half a season to feel comfortable.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there is some room for talent among our o line. But I dont see it coming together for this year, at least not at the beggining. We dont know what positions are even set on the O line yet. Could be good some day..Not this year i dont think. But hopefuly they will jell faster than I expect.

Members online

Latest posts