O-line

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
So Can we get a list of Offensive Line guys to watch for the rest of the season? I would be delighted if we drafted 7 offensive linemen this draft. We could have Joe montana, Jerry Rich, Emmit Smith, and Barry sanders, but if we dont have any O-Line help next year, we are going to turn Aaron Rodgers into david carr. Our O-line is almost as bad as our special teams, which is by far the worst I've ever seen.

Obviously :

Gabe Carimi
ANTHONY CASTONZO Boston College
Marcus Cannon OT, TCU

I'd really like to see a Big LT and LG,(I see lang and bulaga as right side guys, unless they show improvement) Some Big Boy's that we know if needed, we can get 2 yards running to that side, no matter who carries the rock behind em. As much as I'd love to get a speed back, or another DB or ILB, I would jump up and down cheering insanely if we went all 7 picks O-line next draft.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I don't watch enough college football unfortunately to know, but it's definitely a top priority position.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agreed. to be honest i think oline has an impact on the team far beyond what people give it. once its bad to the point where we are it starts to seep into the psychology of the offense as well, evidenced by rodgers skittishness. Even when they do ok you know it could always implode. I think it can also be seen in our struggles last year. 4-4 poor play until the line shored up, then we went 7-1

its over chad clifton. we love you, we thank you for your time and great years, but really please step aside. you were beat off the line and passed before you were out of your stance. please tell mccarthy to let bulaga have your spot. tauscher needs to coach up lang as well.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't name any prospective players but I do see the need for it. We need to protect the future of our QB and thus, our team. We need some BIG boys who can stand up to the D - line and offer pass protection. Give Rogers more time in the pocket and our receivers more time to get in position to make plays. Also need to be able to get the ball to a nice fast RB to run plays.

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will definitely need some additional depth here in the off-season. And I'm assuming that Clifton and Tauscher are done after this season, though maybe one is around next year for depth.

We already have two real good ones in Sitton and Bulaga.

We have a few decent (but not great) guys that can perform today Colledge and Wells. And Colledge is on a 1-year contract and may not be back.

We have one guy with experience that we need to test again to see if he is starting caliber in Lang. I'm not sure whether Spitz is pretty much done because of his back or not.

We have a couple of developmental guys that only the Packers know anything about in McDonald, Newhouse, and Campbell.

I think we need to spend at least one high draft pick next year on an OL and maybe more depending on how the staff feels about the developmental guys being able to contribute next year.

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would only suggest taking OL in the first 4 picks. I think that would be enough, I hope. But yes I agree very much. The OL has to be much better in order for us to be good enough to go to the SB.

DCEBB2011

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some good first round talent that will be presently available would be:

OT Derek Sherrod
OT Anthony Costanzo
OT DeMarcus Love
OT Nate Solder
OG Rodney Hudson
C Stefen Wisniewski

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont see Carimi as being elite like some scouts do. I saw Joe Thomas as an elite player but I just dont see it out of Gabe. I thought he struggled saturday against a great player, but still had issues none the less. I need to watch more film on O lines in college

Members online

Latest posts