1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

O-line: Were they too tight?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Greg C., Aug 14, 2006.

1. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I read an article where Mark Tauscher said he felt too tight out there against the Chargers. He just never felt comfortable. Maybe the entire O-line felt that way, considering how they played. They had no penalties, but they were not aggressive. It could be that the tongue-lashing they all got from Jagodzinski in practice last week backfired in a big way. When you try too hard not to commit penalties, you can get passive.

I HOPE this was the problem, because it can be corrected. Obviously the guards being rookies is a big factor as well. They will need to keep their confidence up and give themselves time to learn how to play in the NFL.

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

3. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Woah! This is a little scary. I hope we don't end up with another shuffle job with the O-line, like we had last year. I don't think they are as bad as they played Saturday night. If they were, word would've leaked out from training camp. Unless, of course, our D-line is really that bad, which is not out of the question considering how San Diego's offense pounded them. But I don't think so.

Hopefully this lineup switch is just a wake-up call and things will settle down again within the next week or two.

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I said it was mostly Colledge who was struggling on the O-line, but don't listen to me. Can't you see I am a gneius, people!

but seriously, I like this. Address the issue, even if it means benching a high draft pick. Put pride aside, and put winning first.

Hopefully Colledge comes around soon, because he is going to likely be our starter in the future.

5. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Colledge struggled the most but Wells and Spitz didn't play well either.

As for who played the worse. Junius Coston. He looked like a cheeseball out there. Got ran right by once and then someone just knocked him on his but. That's not good especially considering he's probably our top backup lineman at LT and RG.

Chris White actually looked decent. I wish GB would give him a look at right or left guard.

6. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I agree Porky, Whie deserves a look. Can't get much worse.

7. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Got to make some adjustments during the pre-season. It's going to take some juggling to set this line.