O-line: Were they too tight?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read an article where Mark Tauscher said he felt too tight out there against the Chargers. He just never felt comfortable. Maybe the entire O-line felt that way, considering how they played. They had no penalties, but they were not aggressive. It could be that the tongue-lashing they all got from Jagodzinski in practice last week backfired in a big way. When you try too hard not to commit penalties, you can get passive.

I HOPE this was the problem, because it can be corrected. Obviously the guards being rookies is a big factor as well. They will need to keep their confidence up and give themselves time to learn how to play in the NFL.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Moll put into starting lineup at right guard
Rookie offensive lineman Tony Moll was inserted into the starting lineup at right guard during team drills Monday afternoon. Rookie Jason Spitz, who had been playing right guard all through training camp, was moved to left guard. The odd man out was rookie Daryn Colledge, who had been lining up at left guard all through training camp. Colledge had struggled during Saturday night’s preseason game against San Diego.

Other changes in the starting lineup during team drills Monday were Ahman Green at running back and Corey Williams at defensive tackle. During Saturday’s game, Colin Cole had been in the starting lineup on defense and Najeh Davenport was the starting tailback.

-- Mike Vandermause, editor, Green Bay Press-Gazette

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woah! This is a little scary. I hope we don't end up with another shuffle job with the O-line, like we had last year. I don't think they are as bad as they played Saturday night. If they were, word would've leaked out from training camp. Unless, of course, our D-line is really that bad, which is not out of the question considering how San Diego's offense pounded them. But I don't think so.

Hopefully this lineup switch is just a wake-up call and things will settle down again within the next week or two.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said it was mostly Colledge who was struggling on the O-line, but don't listen to me. Can't you see I am a gneius, people!

but seriously, I like this. Address the issue, even if it means benching a high draft pick. Put pride aside, and put winning first.

Hopefully Colledge comes around soon, because he is going to likely be our starter in the future.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Colledge struggled the most but Wells and Spitz didn't play well either.

As for who played the worse. Junius Coston. He looked like a cheeseball out there. Got ran right by once and then someone just knocked him on his but. That's not good especially considering he's probably our top backup lineman at LT and RG.

Chris White actually looked decent. I wish GB would give him a look at right or left guard.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Colledge struggled the most but Wells and Spitz didn't play well either.

As for who played the worse. Junius Coston. He looked like a cheeseball out there. Got ran right by once and then someone just knocked him on his but. That's not good especially considering he's probably our top backup lineman at LT and RG.

Chris White actually looked decent. I wish GB would give him a look at right or left guard.

I agree Porky, Whie deserves a look. Can't get much worse.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Moll put into starting lineup at right guard
Rookie offensive lineman Tony Moll was inserted into the starting lineup at right guard during team drills Monday afternoon. Rookie Jason Spitz, who had been playing right guard all through training camp, was moved to left guard. The odd man out was rookie Daryn Colledge, who had been lining up at left guard all through training camp. Colledge had struggled during Saturday night’s preseason game against San Diego.

Other changes in the starting lineup during team drills Monday were Ahman Green at running back and Corey Williams at defensive tackle. During Saturday’s game, Colin Cole had been in the starting lineup on defense and Najeh Davenport was the starting tailback.

-- Mike Vandermause, editor, Green Bay Press-Gazette

Got to make some adjustments during the pre-season. It's going to take some juggling to set this line.

Members online

Latest posts