O-line and D-line are the Question marks

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not that this isn't true for all of football, but our O-line and D-lines are the most suspect levels on both sides of the ball. They will make or break our season.

The O-line is young and inexperienced and I'm ok with that hope as long as we see improvement throughout the season.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the defensive line will be very good for us. We have a strong rotation, with some real big bodies in the middle. I think Cole, Pickett, Allen and Williams will really gobble up the run. The key is going to be if we find a solid early down player for KGB. Kampmann should show a little more as well.

Reaction score
digsthepack said:
I think the defensive line will be very good for us. We have a strong rotation, with some real big bodies in the middle. I think Cole, Pickett, Allen and Williams will really gobble up the run. The key is going to be if we find a solid early down player for KGB. Kampmann should show a little more as well.

You hit the nail on the head. I agree.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
digsthepack said:

You hit the nail on the head. I agree.
yep. i think that hopes should be high on this subject. if we could just get an established center....

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AADP & PIB, if you want a challenge, root for the Brewers not the boys with the big bucks. Thank God the NFL has a salary cap and revenue sharing - an even playing field.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that takes true heart, Dakota, but I've been a BoSox fan since b4 i even knew what a salary was, or a free agent, or anything really. Just happened to like em, and stayed with them. Same thing w/the Pack. they sorta fell into my lap. never known why, but they've been my only teams since i was a kid. And i'm pretty sure allabout was raised a bombers fan.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Timmons said:
Not that this isn't true for all of football, but our O-line and D-lines are the most suspect levels on both sides of the ball. They will make or break our season.

The O-line is young and inexperienced and I'm ok with that hope as long as we see improvement throughout the season.

I couldn't agree more. I'm not looking for a Super Bowl this year. Of course it would be nice but I've accepted the fact that GB is not good enough too win one. Even with an offensive line, this team is still young at many spots.

Favre has his Super Bowl and that puts more closure to this situation in my opinion. At least for myself. It's not like a Dolphin fan pressuring Jimmy Johnson into getting Marino his ring. Favre has one.

This is more of a team that is trying to build for the future but they still have Favre. (which is great) If Favre would've retired before Thompson got here, would there really be this must criticism about the Packers? I doubt it. I don't see it as winning one more for Favre to go out on top. I see it as building for the future so Aaron Rodgers can take over and lead this team in time.

Game to game improvement this year will lead me too believe we are in good hands. Last year we stunk all year. Mostly because of injuries but the lack of talent brought in and the lack of coaching was a factor as well. This year if the Pack improve game too game (especially the offensive line) I will be happy and look forward too next off season. 7 wins is my expectations. Anything better would be great. If the offensive line comes together, this team fairly well could contend with Chicago.

Members online

Latest posts