O.J. Atogwe - a free agent

A. Rodgers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
should we make a push for him? The vikings, bears, and lions are also very interested in him. I think he is a really good safety that could help if Bigby gets hurt ( which he most likely will )

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
will not happen unless both burnett, bigby, & blackmon become injured, then maybe their may be a slim chance...uh nah not happening

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will not happen, because he'll demand as much money as Rolle got, and we ain't got that, not with the contract Harris, Woodson, and specially Collins have...

dtracy7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like us to make a hard push for him! I would like to see Collins and OJ as the starting SS and FS and move Burnett to CB his height and speed. Plus Capers was using three safeties a lot last year. I think these three and Woodson and Harris what a DB group. And you use Williams until Harris in 100%. Cut Bigby and Bush to make up some of the $$. Williams and P Lee and Underwood watching and learning from the vets what a future.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like us to make a hard push for him! I would like to see Collins and OJ as the starting SS and FS and move Burnett to CB his height and speed. Plus Capers was using three safeties a lot last year. I think these three and Woodson and Harris what a DB group. And you use Williams until Harris in 100%. Cut Bigby and Bush to make up some of the $$. Williams and P Lee and Underwood watching and learning from the vets what a future.

He wants woodson money so we would have to cut a few more players than that.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its an uncapped year, spend the money and see what happens!!!
But 11' probably won't be! So destroy the future of your franchise like the Bears did!

No offense but "see what happens" is no way to run a franchise.

Plus, I have a feeling we'll be paying a lot of bucs to Tramon in the very near future... Like I said before, too much dough invested in the secondary to make any big FA move...

dtracy7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You sign him for one year! Then once he knows he is on a team that gives him a chance to win the SB. You resign him at a lower pay. Remember he came from the Rams he is not accustomed to winning and I think he will like it more then money??

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You sign him for one year! Then once he knows he is on a team that gives him a chance to win the SB. You resign him at a lower pay. Remember he came from the Rams he is not accustomed to winning and I think he will like it more then money??
Impossible. He would never sign for just one year. He would demand at least a 3 year contract with close to 25M guaranteed money. Even if you struccture the contract so that the majority of the money is paid in the uncapped year, you're still gonna have to deal with a huge sum against the cap in the other years, because the guy will want some money security.

And absolutely he'd want money more than winning. To 99% of these guys it's a job and nothing else. They care about providing for their families the best way they can.

The guy is an elite S. He's better than Rolle for sure, and he will want to be paid more than Rolle, who was grossly overpaid...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is TT we're talking about here. TT doesn't get guys who contribute for one year then set them aside. He wants guys that have the ability to play on a long term basis. IMO if Atogwe goes into the season still unsigned I think TT gives him a shot. It's sort of like how C. Wood was back in '06 when no team wanted him. If such a thing happens I wouldn't be surprised to see Atogwe in green and gold.

dtracy7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
However they get him, just do it!!! The addition of OJ and Burnett would make the DB's, set up pretty well.....

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still believe, 100%, we need more help at CB than we do safety.
Remember this: Our only real good CB's are both older than heck, and one of them coming off a terrible terrible knee injury.

Collins and Burnett (even Atari) are all young.

(Vin Scully..... what a great voice. I wish I could reincarnate my voice as his, and broadcast the Dodgers for the next 25 years.)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
damn, cant believe TT didnt sign this guy last season! Cant believe we missed out on this guy LOL.

In spirit of bringing up old comments I had to comment on this 2011 FA

Members online

Latest posts