1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NYCs 10 reasons to hate the Pack

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Jan 14, 2012.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
  2. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    I like this one

That's a brilliant way to insult someone, like anyone really cares about the guy's personal life. John Wayne was married 4 times too, as was Humphrey Bogart...Does anyone bring that up when discussing their long line of acting careers? I'm surprised no one brings up the number of children **** Jagger has when talk about how he can't sing, or he tries too hard to sound like a black R&B soul singer.

3. okcpackerfan

okcpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +186
    wow, someones wife ran off with a packer fan....

• Like Like x 3
  4. JTheGreat

JTheGreat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    Great read.

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I can think of a few better ones

1. They stole Lombardi from us, we thought he was going to come back to be the HC

2. They have Bart Starr, Aaron Rodgers, and Brett Favre. We have Phil Sims, the black sheep manning brother, and YA tittle who was best known for getting knocked out in a game.

3. The Packers have a 31-23-2 record against the G men. Including the Pack winning 4 NFL titles over the Giants.

• Like Like x 3
  6. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    Pity the poor columnist who approaches a deadline with an empty head. This is the kind of column that usually results. Here’s my two favorite quotes from this third-rate effort:
    From Filip’s typing fingers to God’s eyes. Let’s hope the Packers are a dastardly group of bullies tomorrow afternoon.

Hey, quit with the scathing rebukes! :D

• Like Like x 2
  7. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871

You forgot one....

4. We got Lawrence Taylor, they got Reggie White.

Since the idiot wanted to throw personal lifes around to badmotuh Curly, I think Reggie had a much better impact as a role model than LT did, while they both were sack monsters.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BillyBoy

BillyBoy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    Hehe, this is just sad, talk about a desperate writer looking for material. Going back over 50 years of team history to find flaws.

Aww, Giants fans, do we win too much for you? This point made my day...the Packers are rotten because they win too much! Sorry, thought that was the goal of all sporting and life in general.

And yes, the G does stand for greatness...people like a little boldness in a team. We don't apologize for a second.

• Like Like x 1
  9. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,231
    Did you read this same clown's other column decrying the Lambeau Leap? Hey, it's only the NY Daily News ... which appeals to slack-jawed among our friends in the Big Apple ... but still, this guy is mentally deficient and needs something newsworthy to cover, and if you can't find it in New York, you're not looking very hard.

10. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    New Yorkers could not own giant or jets stock based on their attitudes towards them. They would want to sell their shares after a 3 and out on an opening drive. What about an interception, a missed field goal? Sell sell! lol

11. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    1. If I had to share our stadium with a team, especially one like the Jets, I would be upset that a team has enough fans willing to say they are owners to help build a new stadium too. Though I also have to feel sorry for the Jets sharing with the Giants.

2. You know when I read this one I was thinking the columnist has connection to one of those wall street guys who helped get us into the recession. Sure fans are loyal but not all can afford to go to every game.

3. Not sure what that even means.

4. Um, its called the patent. Its our logo, can I bash the Giants for being one of the two teams that have two different ones on their helmets? Sure its a simple logo and the author may not understand simple things, but who doesn't recognize its the Packers logo?

5. First off anyone that listens to Tiki Barber, should know he is a media whore. And the concept of having the GB looks bad. I've seen someone try their designs and it doesn't look good. Now sure if you do our GB logo with skeleton like letters and not the smooth G it looks better, but again its a simple thing that we don't want to complicate.

6. Every team gets a break sometime or another, Packers have just been around long enough to get some noticed more than others. The true test of a team is beat the breaks and win.

7. Yet the Packers win in clusters, the author must be young and dumb, the 50's we were terrible, the 70's and 80's we were terrible, again we have been around a long time and when you stick around you win. How else does a franchise keep going? The Packers are a small town success, and they have more championships than both teams that share the Meadowlands stadium combined. Think someone is jealous.

8. Can you blame us for getting rid of Favre for Rodgers? It was mentioned that he had some kind of interception problem, he was causing himself to become before the team like big market teams, but we know you guys accept people like that, it helps get media coverage which they crave over there and helps win championships ;)

9. Lambeau was a successful coach and a player, and you are talking about him having 3 wives. Gosh darn you quote Tiki Barber and want to talk about someone with bad morals. How about you ask Burress about his opinion on that too, or Antonio Cromartie about all of his kids?

10. Are you sick of Lombardi? Was he as great as they come yeah, did he live up to the hype that he created yeah, and are you butthurt about it, yeah.

11. Sorry you don't know how to grill.

12. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Wait a minute... I had no idea Barney Frank and Chris Dodd were Wall Street guys! :whistling:

• Like Like x 1
  13. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,226
    In a old interview with Lombardi that I just made up in my head, Lombardi said "I used to like New York, but then I moved to Green Bay and now I know what a turd bucket New York is. And the Giants? That organization is the worst blight on the NFL and was not worthy of a single victory. I hope that franchise is removed from the NFL or at least relocated to somewhere better. Hell, even New Jersey would be a huge step up."

• Like Like x 3
  14. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +682
    Heh. I read "Lawless Taylor" at first...adjusted my eyes.

• Like Like x 1
  15. PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +187
    I originally thought the column was going to be a tongue-and-cheek poke at Giants fans trying to hate on the Packers and realizing there's little they can resent us for. If only the columnist thought to go that way... haha

16. FearThePack

FearThePack 13x World Champs!

Ratings:
    +44
    non-Packer fans just don't understand the whole stock situation:mad:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    Agreed, or they choose not to.

-Its a Green Bay thing.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    I will agree with #2 about so many Packers fans selling their tickets. At least sell them to other Packers fans you know?

19. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,075
    At least the Packers and every other team (aside from the London game and the Bills Toronto vacation) play their games in their home state.

20. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,802
    And how can you put someone down for making it with a beauty contest winner?
    That's like "Score! Way to go dude!"

21. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,802
    Do I hear 5?

22. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I was referring to NFL championship games, pre superbowl.

I didnt realize that one of them was won at county stadium.

23. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,802
    I got two reasons to hate the guy that wrote this.
    1. The first name is Filip.
    Filip? Really?
    What's wrong?
    Did your parents not know how to spell or are you just too good for the "P" and the "H?"
    Which is it Fill?

2. The last name.
    Bondy.
    That is one vowel away from the last name of the biggest TV loser ever.
    Bundy.
    Al. Al Bundy.

I hope this clears it up and explains the column.

24. c33j44y

c33j44y Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    Being a resident of New York, I call complete and utter shenanigans on this column. I'd hope it's sarcastic and just a little something to poke fun at the Pack fans before the big game tomorrow.

5. Where’s the “B”?

The number 5 reason is laughable .. Someone hasn't been doing their research. But hey, not everyone recognizes "greatness" when they see it. :rolleyes:

25. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,802
    Yeah, I know.
    This is as close as we're gonna get to a Pack/Giants championship game this season.
    I had to reach just like the guy who wrote on why to hate the Packers.