NYCs 10 reasons to hate the Pack

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I like this one

9. Curly Lambeau was a decent player, but he was a much better “player” ...
He was married three times, once to a Miss California

That's a brilliant way to insult someone, like anyone really cares about the guy's personal life. John Wayne was married 4 times too, as was Humphrey Bogart...Does anyone bring that up when discussing their long line of acting careers? I'm surprised no one brings up the number of children **** Jagger has when talk about how he can't sing, or he tries too hard to sound like a black R&B soul singer.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can think of a few better ones

1. They stole Lombardi from us, we thought he was going to come back to be the HC

2. They have Bart Starr, Aaron Rodgers, and Brett Favre. We have Phil Sims, the black sheep manning brother, and YA tittle who was best known for getting knocked out in a game.

3. The Packers have a 31-23-2 record against the G men. Including the Pack winning 4 NFL titles over the Giants.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Pity the poor columnist who approaches a deadline with an empty head. This is the kind of column that usually results. Here’s my two favorite quotes from this third-rate effort:
The Green Bay Packers are supposed to be all warm and cuddly, full of small-town, winter-wonderland charm. In reality, they are a dastardly, untrustworthy group of bullies.
From Filip’s typing fingers to God’s eyes. Let’s hope the Packers are a dastardly group of bullies tomorrow afternoon.

The Packers win too often to be lovable.
Hey, quit with the scathing rebukes! :D

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I can think of a few better ones

1. They stole Lombardi from us, we thought he was going to come back to be the HC

2. They have Bart Starr, Aaron Rodgers, and Brett Favre. We have Phil Sims, the black sheep manning brother, and YA tittle who was best known for getting knocked out in a game.

3. The Packers have a 31-23-2 record against the G men. Including the Pack winning 4 NFL titles over the Giants.

You forgot one....

4. We got Lawrence Taylor, they got Reggie White.

Since the idiot wanted to throw personal lifes around to badmotuh Curly, I think Reggie had a much better impact as a role model than LT did, while they both were sack monsters.

BillyBoy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hehe, this is just sad, talk about a desperate writer looking for material. Going back over 50 years of team history to find flaws.

Aww, Giants fans, do we win too much for you? This point made my day...the Packers are rotten because they win too much! Sorry, thought that was the goal of all sporting and life in general.

And yes, the G does stand for greatness...people like a little boldness in a team. We don't apologize for a second.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Did you read this same clown's other column decrying the Lambeau Leap? Hey, it's only the NY Daily News ... which appeals to slack-jawed among our friends in the Big Apple ... but still, this guy is mentally deficient and needs something newsworthy to cover, and if you can't find it in New York, you're not looking very hard.

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New Yorkers could not own giant or jets stock based on their attitudes towards them. They would want to sell their shares after a 3 and out on an opening drive. What about an interception, a missed field goal? Sell sell! lol

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
1. If I had to share our stadium with a team, especially one like the Jets, I would be upset that a team has enough fans willing to say they are owners to help build a new stadium too. Though I also have to feel sorry for the Jets sharing with the Giants.

2. You know when I read this one I was thinking the columnist has connection to one of those wall street guys who helped get us into the recession. Sure fans are loyal but not all can afford to go to every game.

3. Not sure what that even means.

4. Um, its called the patent. Its our logo, can I bash the Giants for being one of the two teams that have two different ones on their helmets? Sure its a simple logo and the author may not understand simple things, but who doesn't recognize its the Packers logo?

5. First off anyone that listens to Tiki Barber, should know he is a media *****. And the concept of having the GB looks bad. I've seen someone try their designs and it doesn't look good. Now sure if you do our GB logo with skeleton like letters and not the smooth G it looks better, but again its a simple thing that we don't want to complicate.

6. Every team gets a break sometime or another, Packers have just been around long enough to get some noticed more than others. The true test of a team is beat the breaks and win.

7. Yet the Packers win in clusters, the author must be young and dumb, the 50's we were terrible, the 70's and 80's we were terrible, again we have been around a long time and when you stick around you win. How else does a franchise keep going? The Packers are a small town success, and they have more championships than both teams that share the Meadowlands stadium combined. Think someone is jealous.

8. Can you blame us for getting rid of Favre for Rodgers? It was mentioned that he had some kind of interception problem, he was causing himself to become before the team like big market teams, but we know you guys accept people like that, it helps get media coverage which they crave over there and helps win championships ;)

9. Lambeau was a successful coach and a player, and you are talking about him having 3 wives. Gosh darn you quote Tiki Barber and want to talk about someone with bad morals. How about you ask Burress about his opinion on that too, or Antonio Cromartie about all of his kids?

10. Are you sick of Lombardi? Was he as great as they come yeah, did he live up to the hype that he created yeah, and are you butthurt about it, yeah.

11. Sorry you don't know how to grill.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a old interview with Lombardi that I just made up in my head, Lombardi said "I used to like New York, but then I moved to Green Bay and now I know what a turd bucket New York is. And the Giants? That organization is the worst blight on the NFL and was not worthy of a single victory. I hope that franchise is removed from the NFL or at least relocated to somewhere better. Hell, even New Jersey would be a huge step up."

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
You forgot one....

4. We got Lawrence Taylor, they got Reggie White.

Since the idiot wanted to throw personal lifes around to badmotuh Curly, I think Reggie had a much better impact as a role model than LT did, while they both were sack monsters.

Heh. I read "Lawless Taylor" at first...adjusted my eyes.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I will agree with #2 about so many Packers fans selling their tickets. At least sell them to other Packers fans you know?

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least the Packers and every other team (aside from the London game and the Bills Toronto vacation) play their games in their home state.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like this one
That's a brilliant way to insult someone, like anyone really cares about the guy's personal life. John Wayne was married 4 times too, as was Humphrey Bogart...Does anyone bring that up when discussing their long line of acting careers? I'm surprised no one brings up the number of children **** Jagger has when talk about how he can't sing, or he tries too hard to sound like a black R&B soul singer.
And how can you put someone down for making it with a beauty contest winner?
That's like "Score! Way to go dude!"

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got two reasons to hate the guy that wrote this.
1. The first name is Filip.
Filip? Really?
What's wrong?
Did your parents not know how to spell or are you just too good for the "P" and the "H?"
Which is it Fill?

2. The last name.
Bondy.
That is one vowel away from the last name of the biggest TV loser ever.
Bundy.
Al. Al Bundy.

I hope this clears it up and explains the column.

c33j44y

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being a resident of New York, I call complete and utter shenanigans on this column. I'd hope it's sarcastic and just a little something to poke fun at the Pack fans before the big game tomorrow.

5. Where’s the “B”?

The number 5 reason is laughable .. Someone hasn't been doing their research. But hey, not everyone recognizes "greatness" when they see it. :rolleyes:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was referring to NFL championship games, pre superbowl.

I didnt realize that one of them was won at county stadium.
Yeah, I know.
This is as close as we're gonna get to a Pack/Giants championship game this season.
I had to reach just like the guy who wrote on why to hate the Packers.

Members online

Latest posts