1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

NSA surveillance

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by PackFanNChiTown, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +837
    It's all fun and games until the police come knocking at the door. Not sure how much truth there is in the following story but I am sure there is a lot.

2. Darth Garfunkel

Darth Garfunkel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +495
    Absolutely doesn't make it right, just ironic. I recall quite a few people weren't apathetic when the Patriot Act, which this NSA spying is just an extention of, was passed.

3. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +837
    Ah yes, the Patriot Act. Another "Let's pass this and see what's in it bill" One of the worst bills ever passed. It set constitutional rights back 100 years. Supposed to have a sunset clause in it, but they keep bringing some of it back every year.

4. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I remember when Senate Democrats had initiated a filabuster to stop the Patriot Act led by none other than Wisconsin's own Senator Feingold. Within a day or two you had some of the establishment Senators jumping ship. In 2013 our Congress and Senate members are so far removed from reality that they probably don't even realize what they're doing to the working poor and lower middle class.