1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Now What?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by JWalkRulz84, Mar 14, 2005.

1. JWalkRulz84

JWalkRulz84 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We have roughly 9 million to spend. We need to find at least 1 starter on the O-Line, A solid pass rusher, A linebacker, 2 starting safeties and depth at corner...Thats a lot of positions to fill. So, if I'm in TT's shoes right now, I wait about a week because...

Either Greg Wesley or Jerome Woods will be released...Arturo Freeman is still out there as well

Bryce Fisher and Courtney Brown will both currently be available

Jay Foreman, Edgerton Hartwell

Now, as of right now, Im just focusing on defense simply because we have waaaay to many holes on defense to even worry about offense. Now we all sit here and think, its like shopping at a Thrift store, however we are going to have to make due with these types of free agents and the draft, so let's get started here...

Packers Sign Safety Arturo Freeman
    REASONING: Freeman had a solid season under Bates last season. He was always in the right place and the Fins had the 4th best Pass Defense last season, I'll surely take a member of that. He knows Bates' system and would be just fine.

Packers Sign LB Jay Foreman
    REASONING: This is simply for depth. He is also good enough to play all linebacker positions and will also be able to push our younger group of linebackers.

Packers Sign DE Courtney Brown
    REASONING: In the past seasons, there has been a lot of rumors of Brown coming to Green Bay and so forth. I know Washington is heavily interested, but they are only 2.1 under the cap, we have the advantage here. We can sign him to a contract loaded with incentives and if it doesnt play out, we still have Kampman, no worse than we were last year, and possibly better.

DRAFT
    1 - S Thomas Davis
    REASONING: Many believe he will fall simply because many of the teams that needed a safety have filled that void, i.e - Minnesota, Detroit and New Orleans. The only team Im really worried about is St. Louis. This would add an instant boost to our team.

2 - OLB Odell Thurman
    REASONING: Had a private work out witht the Pack and Bates was very impressed. He could give us the most promising linebacking corps out there and he is athletic enough to play the weak side.

2 - OG Logan Mankins
    REASONING: Losing our 2 starting guards hurt us, we are in need of someone to step in, Mankins could very well start for us next season.

3 - S Donte Nicholson
    REASONING: We are still in dier need of depth at the safety position. Boy, we are gonna have some youngeons running around back there; Carroll, Thomas, Davis, and Nicholson. But there is a lot of promise back there.

4,5,6,7 to be completed at a later date...but you get the picture.

QB - Brett Favre, Craig Nall, JT O'Sullivan
    RB - Ahman Green, Najeh Davenport, Tony Fisher
    FB - William Henderson, Nick Luchey
    WR - Javon Walker, Robert Ferguson, Antonio Chatman
    WR - Donald Driver, Robert Ferguson, Antonio Chatman
    TE - Bubba Franks, Ben Steele
    LT - Chad Clifton, Brad Bedell
    LG - Logan Mankins, Steve Morley
    C - Mike Flanagan, Scott Wells
    RG - Mark Tauscher, Atlas Herrion
    RT - Kevin Barry, Brennan Curtin

DE - Kabeer Gbaja Biamilla, Aaron Kampman
    DE - Courtney Brown, Kenny Peterson, R-Kal Truluck
    DT - Cledtius Hunt, Cullen Jenkins
    NT - Grady Jackson, Donnell Washington
    SLB - Na'il Diggs, Steve Josue
    MLB - Nick Barnett, Torrance Marshall
    WLB - Odell Thurman, Jay Foreman
    CB - Al Harris, Jason Horton
    CB - Ahmad Carroll, Joey Thomas
    FS - Arturo Freeman, Donte Nicholson
    SS - Thomas Davis, Mark Roman

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Horton is unimpressive. I say we have to pick up another WR I think its best we go into the season with FIVE receivers.

Who ya got returning kicks/punts?

3. grabthar

grabthar Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Not to sound like a Badger homer, but I think that picking Leonhard from Wisconsin in the 7th or so would be a good pick for GB. He can return kicks and is a solid blue collar player.

4. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think Leonard could help us also. He could play some nickel and dime,special teams, punt returns and save us some money. I would also sign Darrin Charles the 6'6" reciever and Matt Katula the long snapper, as free agents

5. vikes93animal

vikes93animal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice post Jwalk. It will be interesting to see how close you can get and maybe you should apply for a job!!
    :D

6. chadjohnsonisawesome

chadjohnsonisawesome Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Darrin Charles is awesome....he went to my highschool......he has nfl hands, but at 6'6 doesnt have the speed....but i could see the packers picking him up for depth at TE....

Leonhard is a stud...

i think he broke every big 10 punt return record ....crazy

7. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    too late :lol:

8. grabthar

grabthar Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I am not the Badger homer who things that every player on Wisconsin's team should be drafted by the Packers. :lol: I know plenty of them.

9. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Me neither. I just want the Packers to pick up E. James because he plays in the capital of the state in which I reside in. Green Bay.

10. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    The Packers should sign Anthony Davis. We are on the verge of listing all Badgers available. Who's next? Hawthorne? Starks? How about Buenning? :mrgreen: