Now that the Giants Made Romo and Brady Look Silly...

RedSoxExcel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that the Giants made Romo AND Brady look silly, can we get off of Brett Favre's bad game against the Giants in ice cold weather?

If Favre should retire after a game like that in ice cold weather, then what should Romo and Brady do.

This Giants defense was amazing, they kept the BEST offensive (statistically) team in the HISTORY of the NFL to 14 points - IN A DOME.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett is better than Romo and Brady, I expect him to play like it. Is that too much!

We'll get em next year.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that the Giants made Romo AND Brady look silly, can we get off of Brett Favre's bad game against the Giants in ice cold weather?

Yes. Let's do. I'm tired of people bashing Favre. He is a huge factor in our having such a great season in the first place.

If Favre should retire after a game like that in ice cold weather, then what should Romo and Brady do.

Yes, Brady and Romo at least got to play in good weather conditions. Brady just became unglued (for whatever reason) and Romo just had too much fun in Mexico! But we don't see any Cowboy fans wanting his head!

This Giants defense was amazing, they kept the BEST offensive (statistically) team in the HISTORY of the NFL to 14 points - IN A DOME.

You got that right, in all three games, they seemed to be all over whoever caught the ball, it was amazing. There seemed to be no sneaking past them with the ball.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RedSoxExcel said:

Yes. Let's do. I'm tired of people bashing Favre.

Any Favre criticisms = Bashing

but I'm ready to move on to the offseason, but don't ever forget Al Harris's 60 minutes of Carroll'ing and Favre's forced throw. If you forget the past, you're doomed to repeat it(and then act like it didn't happen....again).

Now lets go NOT sign free agents.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not talking about you, Tromadz (unless you were one of the people who said "Favre retire now" :lol: ) There are a lot of people who were practically saying "Favre sucks". That's what I'm talking about.

OP
OP
R

RedSoxExcel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ElleBlue said:
RedSoxExcel said:

Yes. Let's do. I'm tired of people bashing Favre.

Any Favre criticisms = Bashing

but I'm ready to move on to the offseason, but don't ever forget Al Harris's 60 minutes of Carroll'ing and Favre's forced throw. If you forget the past, you're doomed to repeat it(and then act like it didn't happen....again).

Now lets go NOT sign free agents.

Yeah I'm not talking about people questioning Favre's throw. Yeah it was a bad throw. But this was more directed at people that think Favre should retire. Our offense got dominated by a great defense that stopped the best offense in the history of the NFL - no shame in that.

And I certainly agree that Favre's bad throw should be questioned - once again IMO TERRIBLE decision. But two weeks after and we're still talking about one play, to me anyway, it seems like a bit much. But to each his own. In my opinion, the reason why we lost to the Giants was not just one throw in OT - as terrible as it was (i.e. rushing game).

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THE PATRIOTS DIDN'T HAVE DEFENSIVE CALL TAPES ON SPAGNOULO!!!!! THEY LOST!!!!!!

IronBMike

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still believe that Rodgers would give us a better shot at the SB, but that doesn't mean I think Favre is bad.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, Farve did was he could do, but the ice cold weather and giants D was too much. Not to mention we couldn't stop Burress all game. Yeah, Farve showed his 38 years in that game, but so what. Romo and Brady looked like crud too against the Giants I agree. The Giants D is way underrated even after winning the SB. Best Defense ever? I dunno, but they are up there. Their performance the last 3 games has been spectacular and ALL those games on the road. Best road defense ever, probably you can make that argument.

Give the Giants some credit and Farve for doing what he could against them. Farve is still the man to head the offense of the Packers imo.

packman31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still believe that Rodgers would give us a better shot at the SB, but that doesn't mean I think Favre is bad.
If Rodgers was the starter last year we would not of even made the playoffs.

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guess it's only natural to blame the QB. Here's what the Pats fans are complaining about this morning:

"Yeah, and the few times Brady had time he held the ball too long."

"I think it's pretty clear that Brady is an average QB when he doesn't have 20 seconds to survey the field."

Just goes to show.

PackFanWithTwins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packman31 said:
IronBMike said:
If Rodgers was the starter last year we would not of even made the playoffs.

you have proof of that?

Who would the QB have been when Rodgers was out with his Hammy. Nall?

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree with this.

Brett can/will/should play as long as he can. The deal with Brett is that we know what we got. He is at his ceiling. Aaron on the other hand, I think there is a lot of upside.

If Aaron can prove to be a ball controlling system QB consistently, he won't put up the numbers that Favre will, however, he'll get GB to the play offs and have a better shot at getting through them. IT's the INTs that kill us.

IronBMike

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IronBMike said:

I agree with this.

Brett can/will/should play as long as he can. The deal with Brett is that we know what we got. He is at his ceiling. Aaron on the other hand, I think there is a lot of upside.

If Aaron can prove to be a ball controlling system QB consistently, he won't put up the numbers that Favre will, however, he'll get GB to the play offs and have a better shot at getting through them. IT's the INTs that kill us.

Exactly. I've seen enough of Favre not being able to get us to the big show. We know his limitations and just how much he can do, but with Aaron I see no reason why he can't succeed. I think we need to give him a chance to show what he can do. Of course, we won't as long as Favre is here but I actually have a large amount of faith in Rodgers. Favre is great, but aren't you sick of bad decisions in big games? And every time it's the same excuse: "Well it was only one play/game." I'm not buying that anymore.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What? Rodgers hasnt proved this to us as of yet, so how can you be so sure. If Rodgers would have played all season I dont believe we would have come as far as we did, it took Favres arm to win us alot of the games we won.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Timmons said:
IronBMike said:

I agree with this.

Exactly. I've seen enough of Favre not being able to get us to the big show. We know his limitations and just how much he can do, but with Aaron I see no reason why he can't succeed. I think we need to give him a chance to show what he can do. Of course, we won't as long as Favre is here but I actually have a large amount of faith in Rodgers. Favre is great, but aren't you sick of bad decisions in big games? And every time it's the same excuse: "Well it was only one play/game." I'm not buying that anymore.

It was one throw and yes it happened at the end of the game which sucks, but remember, it takes a team to win and we did not play well as a team, nor could Harris cover Burress which gave Burress a great game against us all day. There were so many factors in this game, that is why we lost you cannot pin point this lose on Favre and Favre alone because he made a bad throw that was just one of the bad things that happened in this game it didnt cost us the game. Come on people we almost got to the Superbowl, w had a great year and yes it was with Favre and I give FAvre alot of credit this year, it was his best year yet.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So if Rodgers was the qb he would never throw a pick, and we would never lose a game. He would get us to the Super Bowl every year and win every year. Sounds good. After all, Brett has only won 160 games. He's broken every record possible, won several division titles. But lets push him out the door for someone that has played 2 games. Its not that easy people. My god.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anybody really think Rodgers can stay healthy? Anybody who wants Favre to retire, better worry about who is sitting behind Rodgers.

IronBMike

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're all missing the point. I know that he's unproven, but we know what Favre brings. I don't think he can take us to the big game. Hopefully he proves me wrong, but I don't think he can do it anymore. I've seen too many playoff games over the past few years to give me any confidence. I'm willing to take a shot with Rodgers, despite whatever "fragility" you all claim he has.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're all missing the point. I know that he's unproven, but we know what Favre brings. I don't think he can take us to the big game. Hopefully he proves me wrong, but I don't think he can do it anymore. I've seen too many playoff games over the past few years to give me any confidence. I'm willing to take a shot with Rodgers, despite whatever "fragility" you all claim he has.

As unproven as he is, he does bring a shot of hope into the future doesn't he?
As for having him replace Favre, we have a quandary... When does youth overtake experience? Isn't that really the question?
Fvre made some not so good throws vs the Giants but he made some good ones as well... USUAL Favre. The throws he DID make were not good enough to overcome a stifling Giant defense and an overall poor performance by the Packers.
Giants BEAT the PACKERS just like they beat the Patriots... They did not beat just Favre, or Brady, they physically and mentally outplayed us.

Favre's throw at the end was a culmination of the Giants stifling play.

Packers as a team was outplayed just as the Patriots were outplayed.

2 things I am reflective about. Packers, as poorly as they played the Giants, scored 20 points and lost the game in OT because of a turnover.

And Favre's play was better than that of the rest of the team.

Would the Packers have won that game with Rodgers in at QB? I doubt it.

GIVEN that Favre will probably return, A-Rod will be a very highly paid clipboard holder yet again.

Will the Packers win the Superbowl with Favre next year? We really don't know.

Will the Packers win the Superbowl with A-Rod next year? Chances are slimmer.

Members online

Latest posts