Now that the cuts are in... Who do you want to see....

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
-Gone from our active roster
-Signed back to our practice Squad
-Brought in for a look see from the waiver wire
-and your "WTF were they thinking?!?!" choice from ANY TEAM OTHER than the Packers (whether they were kept when they should have been cut, or cut when they should have been kept)

My choices are:

1. Jarrett Bush. Easily.
2. Love to bring Chery back to see him get a chance to learn the Offense. Think he will not make it back to our PS though
3. Jarvis Green from the Pats/ Broncos. He would add good depth to our Dline, and would not cost too much after giving it to the broncos in FA this year.
4. Troy Smith being released from the Ravens. He is a good player and will land on a team that can use his talents very soon. Dolphin would be a good fit after cutting loose Pat WHite today.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would like to see Graham Harrell on the practice squad. I thought he played well for a guy in the system for the first time. At least way above what we saw in the past from a guy like Brian Brohm.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll get killed for this but oh well, bush has had a pretty good preseason. I'm glad to see him and Harrell make the roster after a good camp and preseason. They deserve it.

OP
OP
DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll get killed for this but oh well, bush has had a pretty good preseason. I'm glad to see him and Harrell make the roster after a good camp and preseason. They deserve it.

Harrell is ok to think that way simply due to his non impact on the team due to injury. If he can stay healthy, the sky is the limit for him.

Bush on the other hand, we have seen. We have seen plenty of him. As a matter of fact, Ive seen so much of him I think that the refs announce his entrance into a game like the warriors and knights of the old times were introduced: With their clans Flag being raised into the air.

Bush's clan is marked with a yellow one. It typically goes up within moments of spotting him in the field of play, and its usually is accompanied with the games festivities being relocated to an area behind him anywhere from 15 to 50 yards away.

Sorry, but I dont care how fast or "smart" he is on STs. Time to cut his *** loose. WAY TO MANY players who should have his spot. If I were Havner, I would have spit on him on my way out of the office. Havner scored points, Bush just gives them up. I wouldnt be surprised if looking back, Bush scored more points last year than Havner did, only for the other team.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I'm not certain Bush will get cut, part of me wonders if we kept him on the roster as a CYA while we evaluate others in his position, just on the off chance that we don't get to sign someone else we like better. I mean, better to keep the guy than go without someone, you know?

Any way, he's the guy I'd like to see waived the most. Pretty sure it will happen too, when Harris returns from his injury.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I assume spencers arrest in the off season didn't endear him to the staff. They couldn't keep that many TEs, so it makes sense. Still a few years for an UFA isn't bad.

If bush picks 6s favre will it make everyone forgive and forget?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Nagler at cheeseheadtv.com said it best- Havner's been on the roster since 2006 and still hasn't improved enough to have much of a meaningful role. The guy only had 7 catches for all of last year. Yes 4 went for TD's, but when you consider the entire body of work, he wasn't some stud we just dumped off. Besides, he was #4 on the chart at TE and like 7 at linebacker.

@ivo- To answer your question, if Bush gets a pick 6 against Favre, I will totally forgive him for all his misdeeds. At least until his next one. =)

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2. Love to bring Chery back to see him get a chance to learn the Offense. Think he will not make it back to our

Why has everyone been buzzing about Chery?? He has done nothing to prove he should be on the team.

The one return he made for a touchdown was not so much him being good as our blockers did their job well for
once. He was virtually untouched and barely had to dodge any tacklers. If that had been any of our other
returners there is a good chance they would have done the same thing.

It was more a product of the play working the way it was drawn up.

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
Three or four players stand out, but other than that, I'm ok. It's the injuries that are always a concern and the Packers' ability to fill those spots. A good example was Spencer filling in for Finley last year.

OP
OP
DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@ Havner :He had only 7 catches, but he was only in on something like 20 plays (offense). 4 went for Tds. I am not saying he is going to supplant a starter, but 4 tds in limited time means he has some talent, and proven talent at that.

@Chery: He has speed and he has hands, while returning a decent TD in preseason in an overlapsed game, he was able to beat out pros to the endzone, and had enough awareness to do so, all while another who made the roster (shields) couldnt even call for a fair catch without turning it over. Not saying hes a pro- bowler, but worth a look over several who made the squad (BUSH).

@ Bush: No, a pick6 vs Favre would not fix anything. The ONLY time Bush does something positive is when the game is out of hand (either in a win or a loss) by 20+ points. If he were to take one to the house, it would probably be in a situation where we were down 24 with 90 seconds left in the game at home, and he would GUARANTEED do a Lambeau Leap. He is an idiot from the worst decent: He doesnt even realize that he is an idiot. That just makes it worse.

Nothing Bush does save from a pick in the SB in OT for a TOUCHDOWN will ever redeem him in the current state.

Sorry. Too many chance, too many blown attempts.

He is the poor mans Ahmad Carroll.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@ Havner :He had only 7 catches, but he was only in on something like 20 plays (offense). 4 went for Tds. I am not saying he is going to supplant a starter, but 4 tds in limited time means he has some talent, and proven talent at that.

Except hes been on our roster since 2006 and never seemed to take hold of the position...

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, I almost think they had to keep Bush right now. Pat Lee is always 1 play away from IR. If Bush is gone and Lee is on IR, we're down to 4CBs. If Lee can prove to remain healthy and be a valuable contributor, then Bush might actually get axed when Harris gets back. Unfortunately, I expect Lee will either go on IR or be axed. Peprah will prob be axed when Bigby returns.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They should look to see what is available now that all the teams had to cut down their rosters, and find better replacements for Lee and Bush.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, I almost think they had to keep Bush right now. Pat Lee is always 1 play away from IR. If Bush is gone and Lee is on IR, we're down to 4CBs. If Lee can prove to remain healthy and be a valuable contributor, then Bush might actually get axed when Harris gets back. Unfortunately, I expect Lee will either go on IR or be axed. Peprah will prob be axed when Bigby returns.

That could certainly be a contributing factor, but I also think they kept him for now while they scour the waivers to see who else they could grab. There were at least a couple CB's released that looked pretty decent from a purely statistical stand point. However, numbers don't always tell the full story, so..

bear7625

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having 3 players on the PUP list was a contributing factor on who got cut. If they can find the right player on waivers, Bush will be gone! Jolly's suspension also kept Harrell on the roster.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts