Now its time

shanks2122

Cheesehead
Reaction score
to see who the real packer fans are. Keep supporting our team otherwise the losing will really get contagous(i cant spell). Lets find the silver lineing. Lets hear some good things about this season and the seasons to come. No more negativity.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good post...but you will see that about half the posters on this site come here just to bash players or coaches. I've learned that this board is not representative of the "typical Packer fan".

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Good post...but you will see that about half the posters on this site come here just to bash players or coaches. I've learned that this board is not representative of the "typical Packer fan".

Interesting. Especially considering your sig contains a quote from possibly the biggest coach basher on this site..

I, for one, have never come to this site to simply bash players and coaches.

I would say that "half" is a little much in regards to those who come here to "just bash players and coaches". I think there may be one or two other threads started here that talk about something other than that.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
I, for one, have never come to this site to simply bash players and coaches.

I would hope not, dude, since that would ruin the quality of the site.

But I will agree with your defense. It's not really half. I think some of the people that come here are just too ******* their team and expect the Pack to do what it has been doing for the last 13 years (except 1999) - WIN.

Then the Pack loses, those people come here to ***** about it right afterward finding fault in everything and then they get back to their real life and move on. I think some people just use this site as a way to voice their frustration over the season 'cause their wives don't care. ;)

shanks2122 said:
No more negativity.

What do you consider negativity? I would say that it is ok to admit that the Packers suck this year. It's quite a fair assessment. But the continual bashing of pretty much every person on the team and finding all their flaws is a bit overboard. I don't think that all of us on this board put together could do a better job than the Packers are right now. So just sit back, relax and ride out the rest of the season. The Pack will make some adjustments in the offseason and will be back and competitive again next year.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't mean to offend you Ryan....and my signature quote was actually taken from a tongue in cheek quote. My point is that when people are pissed and negative about something they want to "sound off". People that are content and positive (which I think describes most Packer fans) don't find it necessary to vent.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
I think some people just use this site as a way to voice their frustration over the season 'cause their wives don't care.
LOL, absolutly.

Gotcha DePack, I see what you are saying. I wouldn't say that most people are here are of the coaching/player bashing variety though. Those that are may be "louder" than the others, or it may stand out more than posts that are not of that persuasion. The posts that aren't like that just don't draw as much attention or stick in your/my mind as they don't get your blood flowing.

I think we have good members. Even our coaching/player bashing members are usually factual. I understand after the last second ticks off the clock on game day there is going to be some ranting in the forum and that's just everyone's emotions going. Now once that cools down, our members usually get back to fact backed strongly opinionated discussions!

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
shanks2122 said:
to see who the real packer fans are. Keep supporting our team otherwise the losing will really get contagous(i cant spell). Lets find the silver lineing. Lets hear some good things about this season and the seasons to come. No more negativity.

silver lining...ted thompson, where i think he's going with this team...CAP ROOM...i know its been a dissapointing season but, high draft picks, and i want to see how ted thompson will use them...jim bates has a great system in place if only we can acquire talent...all is not lost but its not going to be fun watching us most likely lose all of our games except, by my estimation, baltimore...and possibly detroit at home--what does 3-13/4-12 lead to, a high draft pick...maybe reggie bush, i dont think we'll draft that high...maybe a defensive stud, there are several available, maybe we can trade down a few and end up with a plethora of day one picks

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
shanks2122 said:

we stuck through them before, we will stick with them again.

OP
OP
S

shanks2122

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i wasnt trying to get on anybodys bad side i was just askin people to give me some better things to think about than our record, my bad, if it came across badly

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"to see who the real packer fans are. Keep supporting our team otherwise the losing will really get contagous(i cant spell). Lets find the silver lineing. Lets hear some good things about this season and the seasons to come. No more negativity."

Some of you people amaze me. Too many of you make the connection with people who criticize the coaching staff as being unfaithful to the Packers. The truth is, it's just the opposite. I have been a huge fan since I was a little kid, but I will say I don't ever want to go through another period like we did in the late 60's, 70's, 80's and early 90's. We go tin that rut because our great fans would cheer anyone in Green and Gold and we just accepted that we were awful. I won't go back to that again. Mike Sherman should have been fired weeks ago. The season is over, he can't do the job, he's just not good enough to a bad (which he built) team and make them better. The run is over and will be unless Thompson grows some balls and fires him. Now is the time. Bring in Mooche now.

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
shanks2122 said:
i wasnt trying to get on anybodys bad side i was just askin people to give me some better things to think about than our record, my bad, if it came across badly

Ryan said:
shanks, not a problem your post was fine!

Hey you two

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

:wink: :wink: :lol:

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, we have to play out whether for the "Reggie Bush" Bowl, or for dignity. It's been a while since I've had such the "please someone beat the Bears" feelings. Normally I don't think of them at all. ;)

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
"to see who the real packer fans are. Keep supporting our team otherwise the losing will really get contagous(i cant spell). Lets find the silver lineing. Lets hear some good things about this season and the seasons to come. No more negativity."

Some of you people amaze me. Too many of you make the connection with people who criticize the coaching staff as being unfaithful to the Packers. The truth is, it's just the opposite. I have been a huge fan since I was a little kid, but I will say I don't ever want to go through another period like we did in the late 60's, 70's, 80's and early 90's. We go tin that rut because our great fans would cheer anyone in Green and Gold and we just accepted that we were awful. I won't go back to that again. Mike Sherman should have been fired weeks ago. The season is over, he can't do the job, he's just not good enough to a bad (which he built) team and make them better. The run is over and will be unless Thompson grows some balls and fires him. Now is the time. Bring in Mooche now.

Finally - someone puts it out there - what happened in the 70's and 80's....

I'm not real confident about this Mooch discussion - other than he'd be a fine OC - hint, hint....

But, let's review those Dan Devine years, shall we... oh wait, we're not supposed to bash anyone... I forgot.. What about the Forrest Gregg years (against Mike Ditka - they outright hated each other, from the playin' days on into the coaching years)... nope, can't do that one, either.. Oh, wait - there's Bart Starr... aaaah, naaah - can't do that to the guy - he's a hero of sorts... What about Lindy Infante? Now, hold on a minute - he had Majik Man... there's some good in there.... right? Anyone gettin' this yet?

I am a Packer Acolyte - and I'll call Brett Favre by his country-bumpkin name... "Favor", ...if'n I wanna - especially when he's throwin' those INT's and givin' the other team all the help they need. Sure thing is he could use one right about then, eh? I am not just a one player acolyte, but the whole team. Which means, I should be allowed to voice my frustrations - I care about the team that much - if I was "content" like a cow chewin' on his cud - I'd barely post anything - like many so-called members do.. with great regularity...

When they play a great game - I damn well say so.. it's not a oneway street.

GO PACK GO

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of the Devine years...

Everybody's been talking that the 70s are back... Well, they got here this season.

Mooch is NOT the answer but I could see Rossley getting the boot.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just b/c fans point out some of the flaws in a player doesn't mean that they are anti Packers.
Anyone who thinks Brett is the same QB he was 10 yrs ago needs to sit down and watch some game film. The OL sure isn't what is was last yr. Why would anyone think w/ so many players injured at RB and WR that those positions are currently the GB strong suits?

Yes this team makes every game exciting. You have to give them credit for that. But this team for a lot of reasons is just a shadow of what it was a couple of years ago.

And to point that out in no way makes anyone less of a fan.

rmayer32

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Silver Lining= At least they suck only because the offense is decimated with injury, and not because they are just plain horrible. Take the high draft pick, fill a few holes in free agency, bring these guys back healthy and add another year in Bates defense and all said and done, it could be a completely reversed season for us next year.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good point. With FA you can come back fairly quick. OL first and foremost, depending of course on the cap situation.

PPierce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand why fans who criticize the team are not considered true fans. We watch every week, just like you do, and we notice things that aren't going right, but that doesn't mean we don't love the Packers. We've hit our bottom--all teams do--and it's frustrating, but I think we'll be back in playoff contention in a few years. Some of the rookies have promise and will only get better and we could get some great draft picks too. The fair-weather fans are the ones who don't bother watching the Packers through the tough times, and I don't think any of us have done that. Each week I still cheer and hope for a win.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr said:
Just b/c fans point out some of the flaws in a player doesn't mean that they are anti Packers.
Anyone who thinks Brett is the same QB he was 10 yrs ago needs to sit down and watch some game film. The OL sure isn't what is was last yr. Why would anyone think w/ so many players injured at RB and WR that those positions are currently the GB strong suits?

Yes this team makes every game exciting. You have to give them credit for that. But this team for a lot of reasons is just a shadow of what it was a couple of years ago.

And to point that out in no way makes anyone less of a fan.

We certainly are not anti packers. We just hate seeing our team being hurt like this. We will get back to better times. I fall is due to come at one time or another and so is another comeback.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everybody's been talking that the 70s are back this from obi.

break out your eight tracks and bell bottoms again. then break out the hair mousse and hair wraps for the eighties.