Now I understand

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How Browns fans feel.
Anyone else?

Yeah, I know that the season isn't over.
But three losses in a row without the star QB is very hard to take especially after they were on a roll.
The wind is out of the sails.
This is not the 2010 season all over again unless we somehow pull it together and win the SB again.
But each season is unique and the way things are going, I just don't see it happening.
There is light at the end of the tunnel but right now it is a very, very, very long tunnel.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
The Browns need some time, but they are going to get better.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing about 2010 is, most teams who are injury riddled suck. This season is proving to be the norm, when it comes to having injuries. 2010 was an anomaly.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be honest - at the moment it feels like the season is over as it shows that we cant win a single game without Rodgers. :(
Packers minus Rodgers are obviously playing on the same level like Browns, Vikings or Jags - we're just a below average team.
But didnt we know it before ? Saints without Brees or Broncos without Peyton would be the same.
Next man up simply doesnt work if you lose your MVP Quarterback.
I wonder if we can beat the Vikings without Rodgers, there might be a slight chance but no way we are beating the Lions without him. So if Rodgers isnt back soon, at least for the Lions game, we wont make the playoffs.
Anyway - I do have lot of respect for Browns fans who have to bear situations like this frequently. ;)

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Browns can play defense and they can actually cover the middle of the field.

Offensively .....yes this is very similar to them

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Browns had a qb they would be in 1st place in that division. Next yr they will make the playoffs with a rookie qb watch. I know i would take their defense over our sorry defense.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even in the Infante years we still "loved our Green Bay Packers", though. :)
But we didn't have the internet to allow some of our own fans to inform us how much we sucked - so we went along foolishly enjoying being Packer fans. ;)

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what to make of the Browns but I know for us in Cheese Land we've been here before. We've seen this tunnel before and while it is a long long tunnel, right now as dismal as things appear at the moment, I don't see this being the end. At this point it's a matter of making the playoffs that could be an obvious concern if we fall too far behind. Other teams, such as the Giants have gotten off to horrible starts but look at them now. As far as a reference to 2010, that is simply an example of never giving up no matter how bad it looks or how long the tunnel is. It's not something that can be applied to every year in the same way but in its essence it represents hope, faith, determination and resiliency.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I don't know what to make of the Browns but I know for us in Cheese Land we've been here before. We've seen this tunnel before and while it is a long long tunnel, right now as dismal as things appear at the moment, I don't see this being the end. At this point it's a matter of making the playoffs that could be an obvious concern if we fall too far behind. Other teams, such as the Giants have gotten off to horrible starts but look at them now. As far as a reference to 2010, that is simply an example of never giving up no matter how bad it looks or how long the tunnel is. It's not something that can be applied to every year in the same way but in its essence it represents hope, faith, determination and resiliency.
I knew I could count on Kitten to be a voice of reason in a sea of hysteria!:tup:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
But we didn't have the internet to allow some of our own fans to inform us how much we sucked - so we went along foolishly enjoying being Packer fans. ;)

This is funny, but as I think about it, quite true. When we'd talk about our Packers in those days, we couldn't strut about winning, so we picked some of the players to rally around. Majik! Sterling Sharpe! etc. And for old Packer fans, it's always been about the whole iconic team aura. Sure we like winning. That's the object of a sporting contest. But with Packer fans it goes much deeper. Even in the 70's we didn't have much to crow about. But every time we got to see the Green and Yellow, it put a smile on our face. I remember trying to snatch up pictures of John Brockington. What a beast! We weren't perennial Super Bowl contenders back then, but you couldn't prove it by our behavior.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Sorry this is a tad off topic; but I got nostalgic;

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts