Reaction score
Now Brett Favre is gone ,who is go to want to play in GB
TT will have to pay 2x the $ too players to get them to play here
Remember the 70s & 80s. I DO, we were the black hole of the NFL
Ron W + Brett Favre + Reggie white = Super Bowl
Brett Favre was the last reason anyone would want to play in the cold for a
Best chance at best for any playoff hope each year
Now no Brett Favre = 70s & 80s all over agian
GODS SPEED Brett Favre .................

starpass

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I started a thread saying bret should retire the minute he threw the interception to Webster of the Giants....He is going to retire...I was right and I am now vindicated. I took alot of heat for saying Bret should retire. All good runs come to an end...a la Michael Jordan. I hated to see him retire. We will miss Bret.
I ran down the tunnel at Lambeau with Bret in 05. I saw him play at Arrowhead this year...it was amazing. Bye Bret...we will miss you...NOW bring on Rogers...Now what is his first name? Oh ya...Aaron. Go Aaron!!!

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...I was right and I am now vindicated.

I love when people take some kind of credit for something they had nothing to do with. There were two choices, he retires or he doesn't. It's not hard to pick a winner when the odds are 50/50. There were alot of people here that thought he'd retire, or that he should retire.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now Brett Favre is gone ,who is go to want to play in GB
TT will have to pay 2x the $ too players to get them to play here
Remember the 70s & 80s. I DO, we were the black hole of the NFL
Ron W + Brett Favre + Reggie white = Super Bowl
Brett Favre was the last reason anyone would want to play in the cold for a
Best chance at best for any playoff hope each year
Now no Brett Favre = 70s & 80s all over agian
GODS SPEED Brett Favre .................

I don't think the situation is really all that dire. This team, even without Favre is loaded with a lot of young talent. Our scouting department is excellent, just like our GM. Talent will be brought in and replaced as necessary. Free Agency is not the way to win in this league.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am going to miss Brett as much as the next guy. He gave us all 16 seasons of excitement and brought the Lombardi home for the first time in 29 years. IMO, he is arguably the best QB ever to play the game, and embodied the most positive aspects of teamwork and professional sports. That being said...

This team is going to dominate the NFC for the forseeable future. We have a GM that is able to draft excellent value, a coach that turned a 4-12 team into a contender for the NFC Championship in 2 years, a lot of awesome young talent on the cusp of their best years, and a young QB who proved vs. Dallas that he has what it takes to win more games than not.

Bottom line: The Pack is back!

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will re-date the calendar. From now on, anything before 1992 will be dated with B.F.E and after will be dated with F.E. Kind of like BCE and CE that we use today.

Seriously, Packers and the fans must move on to newer, better times. I am and always will be a BIG Favre fan but, I was a Packers fan first. There was Packer football before Brett and there will be Packer football after.

Sometimes, best way to respect a retired football player is to forget about him and continue on with football.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everything after March 4 should be dated as M.E.

Mustache Era

<----- LOOK AT IT!

We will re-date the calendar. From now on, anything before 1992 will be dated with B.F.E and after will be dated with F.E. Kind of like BCE and CE that we use today.

Seriously, Packers and the fans must move on to newer, better times. I am and always will be a BIG Favre fan but, I was a Packers fan first. There was Packer football before Brett and there will be Packer football after.

Sometimes, best way to respect a retired football player is to forget about him and continue on with football.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I started a thread saying bret should retire the minute he threw the interception to Webster of the Giants....He is going to retire...I was right and I am now vindicated. I took alot of heat for saying Bret should retire. All good runs come to an end...a la Michael Jordan. I hated to see him retire. We will miss Bret.
I ran down the tunnel at Lambeau with Bret in 05. I saw him play at Arrowhead this year...it was amazing. Bye Bret...we will miss you...NOW bring on Rogers...Now what is his first name? Oh ya...Aaron. Go Aaron!!!

Stop talking.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The man is retired one day and you are ready to forget him? we are better off? Did you hear the coaching staff say emphatically that we had a better chance to win the Superbowl with Brett than without him? No slam against Aaron, Brett is just currently better. period.

And as far as Aaron's play against Dallas prove that he can play, think again. He has yet to win a game in the NFL. He has thrown a total of 56 passes in four years in the NFL. He has proven nothing, yet. Let's hope he is what we hope.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
Oh yeah well, I know Brett so well that I can't even spell his name right.

HAHAHAHAHA starpass Go and learn how to spell peoples names

2 T's Starpass, 2 T's!

I'm gonna miss Brett Favre! I remember the Packs back in the 70's and 80's and I hope we don't have another 15 year drought!

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
Timmons said:
Oh yeah well, I know Brett so well that I can't even spell his name right.

HAHAHAHAHA starpass Go and learn how to spell peoples names

2 T's Starpass, 2 T's!

I'm gonna miss Brett Favre! I remember the Packs back in the 70's and 80's and I hope we don't have another 15 year drought!

It's already been 11 years, so 4 to go...haha!

starpass

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya...big deal...I spelled his name BRET... Hey...I am glad he retired.
Great memories, Great Stats...alot of fun to watch and cheer for...Great stories and sadness with the things that happened while in GB. What a great run...Now... At risk to sound somewhat cavelier...

NOW....it is
Time to move on...the Aaron Rogers ERA is about to begin. Go Aaron...!!!

Latest posts