Notebook: Tauscher Returns To Practice, Status Upgraded

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
by Mike Spofford, Packers.com
posted 12/14/2006

Right tackle Mark Tauscher returned to practice on Thursday for the first time since injuring his groin back on Nov. 12 at Minnesota and has been upgraded from doubtful to questionable on the injury report.

Tauscher has missed the last four games, and earlier this week it was thought next Thursday's game against Minnesota would likely mark his return.

Offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski wouldn't speculate on whether Tauscher would be ready to play on Sunday, but his return to practice, which included participating in individual and team drills, is a very encouraging sign.

"He did a nice job," Jagodzinski said. "I was real pleased with what he did today."
Jagodzinski said Tauscher's biggest challenge will be getting back to game speed after missing so much time.

"Just feeling OK and feeling confident enough he can go that hard," he said. "It's just his first day, so we'll wait and see (about Sunday)."

Receiver Donald Driver, who injured his shoulder last week at San Francisco but finished the game, also returned to practice on Thursday and it appears he'll be ready to play.

"He's a very tough guy," Jagodzinski said. "If you could have a whole team full of Donald Drivers, I tell you what, that's the guy you want. He's a special guy.

"I said in the meeting the other day in front of the whole offense, hey, practice like this guy. It's not a fluke he plays that way, he sets a good example."

Center Scott Wells also was back at practice after missing Wednesday's workout because of an illness.

Big guy missing
Detroit's Pro Bowl defensive tackle Shaun Rogers has been out since sustaining a season-ending knee injury in Week 6.

Rogers was a force in the middle, recording four solo tackles in the first meeting between the Packers and Lions this season, a high number for an interior lineman. His absence has certainly affected Detroit's defense, but will it change the Packers' approach?

"We probably don't have to put four guys on him anymore," Jagodzinski joked. "We'll have some guys blocking other people."

Kidding aside, the Packers still expect Detroit's defensive front to be stout, as it traditionally is. Defensive end Cory Redding has moved inside to take Rogers' place.

"They've had some experience with him out earlier in the year so guys have stepped in and had to play that position," Wells said. "So it's not like we're going against some green guys that have never played. They still have an excellent defense and we still have to execute our fundamentals."

Also there starting RB Kevin Jones is out and there second RB Brian Calhoun is on IR so im not sure who will be back there.

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just saw on Packersnews.com, that Tauscher wont start against Detroit, he'll be a backup. McCarthy is hopeful for Tauscher to be able to start on Thursday against Minnesota.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just saw on Packersnews.com, that Tauscher wont start against Detroit, he'll be a backup. McCarthy is hopeful for Tauscher to be able to start on Thursday against Minnesota.

I'd rather rest Tauscher and have him ready against MN. I think we'll romp the Lions, but more worried about the Vikings. I'm glad he'll be a backup tomorrow.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I miss Tausch...

He's one of my favorite Packers....

Doesn't get nearly enough credit in the NFL....

Members online

Latest posts