1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Notebook: Pickett, Driver will be back soon

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

It's comments like this that makem e like Mike more and more. Also, the comment about Vernand's injury was good too!

I'm liking Mike more and more, and liking Ted less and less. lol

2. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    lol, Yeah with McCarthy you feel like he tells you what you want to know, and he beats around the bush and gets to the main point.

I think in the large picture of things, that is a trait that makes good coaches also.

I admire Wynn's toughness. He's still trying to practice despite being ill and weak.

The part that got me giddy was where it talked about Rodgers being more aggressive. Lately, almost everyone has something good to say about Rodgers. Gives me some hope he is the best man to become QB after Brett hangs 'em up.

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I feel differently. I don't think he tells you what you want to hear, I think he tells you how it is and I also have to disagree with that he beats around the bush, I would have to say he pretty much gives it straight forward.

That's what I admire about him.

4. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Or are they just pumping up his fragile ego? J/K :)

IMO, TC & pre-season to me don't test the fabric of a good QB, once the live bullets come flying we shall see. Last year he looked like a "deer in the headlights", so here is to another here of growth. :cross:

5. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's what I'm saying too.

With Ted, you ask him a question and then you get the vague replies starting with "I don't know, ..." and at times he doesn't go into any real answer (see McGinn interview).

With McCarthy, you ask a question, and he gives you the answer to what you want to know.

I think the best example is questions presented to both individuals after the start of TC about James Jones (I'm paraphrasing):

Q: How is James Jones coming along?
    TT: Well we obviously liked him, and think he can contribute to our team. We liked his overall game.... etc.

Same question to McCarthy.
    MM: He's coming along nicely... comparable to Jennings last year.

6. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    sometimes they can be secretive about it too

Q: How long is Favre out for?
    TT: --takes out mind eraser from MIB movies and flashes it in your eyes -- "You don't want to interview any more of the packers players or personnel. You want to be an insurance salesman in Tulsa."

7. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    *blinking* ..hmm. That's funny, I suddenly have no more desire to find updates on Packer TC. However, i think everyone could use more insurance.

Man, Oklahoma sure would be a nice place to work.......