Notebook: Packers To Open '09 Season Vs. Chicago In Prime Time, Play At Detroit On Th

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
For the second straight year, the Green Bay Packers will open up their season with a prime-time matchup at home against a divisional rival as they take on Chicago, and for the second time in three seasons, will travel to Detroit on Thanksgiving.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell announced on Monday at the annual league meetings in Dana Point, Calif., that the Packers will play the Chicago Bears at Lambeau Field at 7:30 p.m. (CT) on Sunday, September 13, 2009, in their season opener. The game will be televised nationally by NBC.

"A big national game, that's a great way to start the season," said Head Coach Mike McCarthy, who is at the league meetings. "We're at home, against the Bears. I'm sure our players and fans will be excited."

No two NFL clubs have faced off more than Green Bay and Chicago, and the season opener will mark Game No. 178 in the rivalry.

"I'm very pleased and I am excited for our fans," said Packers President and CEO Mark Murphy, who..

More...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts