Note to Jason White-Listen to Vermeil

spaulding

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Chief's passed on Jason White. Vermeil told him he might want to try the Kurt Warner and play Arena ball. White's response was "[Vermeil's] got his own opinion," White told AP. "Whatever he thinks. I saw how I matched up with other NFL rookies."

"I don't know. I think given the right situation and working on certain areas of my game, I could do it. But who knows if that situation is gonna come up?"

Don't you think that it would come up if you tried Arena League. It got Kurt Warner his gig and got McPherson drafted. I would listen to Vermeil after what he's done with Warner and Trent Green. But maybe a 58 year old rookie with 2 bad knees knows more than a guy with a SB ring and a legacy of succeeding with marginal QB's.

Here's the article
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=2051504

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
or why not go to the arena league just to go to the arena league--it's gaining popularity tremendously, especially with there being no NHL season. Jason White will never be sought after in the NFL due to his injury history but he could catch on in the arena league, not a bad living.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he's junk anyway. he couldn't even cut it in arena. the heisman has officially become a worthless predictor of nfl potential.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
he's junk anyway. he couldn't even cut it in arena. the heisman has officially become a worthless predictor of nfl potential.

But what do you mean?? Eric Crouch is an AMAZING NFL player LOL, God what a joke. And living in NE it's so funny watching people stick up for him. Classic I tell you, just classic.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IIRC the Heisman Trophy is given to the most outstanding college player.

Why should it be considered an indicator of NFL talent? It's given to the guy than can best play college ball. The college game is different.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
sixone220 said:

But what do you mean?? Eric Crouch is an AMAZING NFL player LOL, God what a joke. And living in NE it's so funny watching people stick up for him. Classic I tell you, just classic.

crouch is about due to re-re-rejoin the packers and then re-re-retire again isn't he?

off on a side note.....what ever happened to tommy frazier? i'll never forget that run he had, i believe in the orange bowl, when he broke like 10 tackles.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
IIRC the Heisman Trophy is given to the most outstanding college player.

Why should it be considered an indicator of NFL talent? It's given to the guy than can best play college ball. The college game is different.

don't you think that the best player in college football should at least be able to make an nfl practice squad? the game isn't THAT different.

the heisman trophy winner has just as good a chance to be working at a mortgage company as they do of playing sundays.

even tho i hate him, jim rome summed it up pretty well today when he said that jason white will make his next stop at a reality class at the local community college.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
off on a side note.....what ever happened to tommy frazier? i'll never forget that run he had, i believe in the orange bowl, when he broke like 10 tackles.

I guess he screwed up his knee. Last I heard he was coaching HS or some small college stuff out here in NE.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
don't you think that the best player in college football should at least be able to make an nfl practice squad? the game isn't THAT different.
Ideally, yes, but some players are a product of their school's system and may not fit well on any NFL team.

I think the last several Heisman winners have not had great success in the NFL.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
anybody could've predicted Crouch's demise...he was an option quarterback for god's sake. they have no place in the NFL and i was surprised he got picked as high as he did, heisman or no heisman.

OP
OP
S

spaulding

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teams have a hard time ignoring athleticism. Look at Woody Dantzler. QB at Clemson. He's spent the last three yrs in NFLE trying to be a WR/RB/S/KR for the Falcons and Cowboys and has been in a total of 14 games. Sometimes you just have to know it's CFL or bust.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pink slip?

i was watching espn last week and they said he was 6 ft. tall...i almost spit my beer out. i checked his profile and he's listed at 5'10, i doubt that also but who knows, i've never seen him in person.

Jeff Garcia is listed at 6'1..i've seen him a few times in downtown San Jose and he's 5'10 at the very most, maybe shorter. why do these guys blatanly lie about their height? it's not something you can effectively hide.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts