Not voting for me for MVP? You're a BUM!

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think AR wins it, and it really shouldn't be that close. We are 13-2 with him, with one loss(at MIN) being a winnable game where our defense did not show up.

It is also amazing to see, and I believe Troy Aikman pointed this out in a broadcast, how Aaron seems to have the perfect combination of experience/mastery/familiarity/game slows down/etc and his physical skills like arm talent and ability to extend plays are at their "peak" right now. Around circa 2017 to 2019 it looked like Aaron was "losing it", but it seems it may have been more MM's system.

But I don't think it's even close that the MVP is Aaron.

I mean, if you take out the Week 1 game against the Saints and Aaron Rodgers stats are:
3800+ yards
~70% completions
35 touchdowns
2 interceptions

And 13-1

OP
OP
lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All of the stars have to align perfectly for him to get it. Why even respond to the bear dolts that are bitter?

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron addressed in a recent podcast with Pat McAfee and AJ Hawk that there will ALWAYS be haters regardless.

But true, I agree with you, why even address/respond to that guy?

I think he may have been addressing a question from a reporter and the reaction got taken out of context.... or blown up to where it seems like AR got upset. When in the reality, he's just addressing him for being someone that no one ever has/will know of.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't understand the guy's criticism (in part) being "He punished his team" or whatever it was. You mean...the team that has the best record in the league and has locked up a #1 seed...? Would love to see how things would be going if Rodgers hadn't been such a jerk! :p

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't understand the guy's criticism (in part) being "He punished his team" or whatever it was. You mean...the team that has the best record in the league and has locked up a #1 seed...? Would love to see how things would be going if Rodgers hadn't been such a jerk! :p
Well Rodgers did punish the Packers. That can not be disputed. At the start of the draft, he created a massive controversy and did nothing to stop it until he showed up for training camp. Has he had a great season, of course.

All of that said, the voter was a fool for stating his reasons to not vote for Rodgers. Being a jerk is not a part of the criteria for MVP. I could see it for HOF discussions, but still wouldn't put it out in the public realm.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not a Rodgers fan. I think he’s a jerk. I also think he’d be my favorite for MVP even were I not a Packer fan. I also hope he shows up at an MVP level in the playoffs this year. Something he habitually does not do.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is that Rodgers has enough of a lead in the race that losing a few votes probably won't cost him the award. I emphasize probably though. There were a lot of sportswriters who were angry at him about the "immunization" comment and his McAfee interview so you never know.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He seems to be the fairly strong favorite now. If he doesn't win, we'll know why.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
When I say that covid fanatics are in a cult, this is what I mean.

"Yes, I acknowledge he's the MVP, but he didn't get a vaccine so I won't vote for him."

What a freakshow. And the sad thing is that there are cult members on this forum who would side with the bum.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i stand with matt lafleur:

Packers coach Matt LaFleur shared his thoughts with reporters Wednesday.

“I don’t know what else could factor into it other than how someone performs on a weekly basis,” LaFleur said. “If people are going to judge people for differences of opinion or things that they have no idea what the heck they are talking about, then I think that kind of discredits that award. We hold that award in high regard.

“And I think it’s an absolute privilege to be able to vote for that award. To consider anything else, outside of what you see when that player is out there playing, I think is a disservice to everybody.”

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Listening to the local guys talk this morning on the radio they think there are more out there like this Hub fellow. Some of them have had, and know others that have, votes MVP through the AP. A lot of it is based on popularity and not on the field performances. They don't think he is going to win it because of his hatred for the media and not getting the shots.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Listening to the local guys talk this morning on the radio they think there are more out there like this Hub fellow. Some of them have had, and know others that have, votes MVP through the AP. A lot of it is based on popularity and not on the field performances. They don't think he is going to win it because of his hatred for the media and not getting the shots.
i don't think he'll get it either, and i believe a significant part of the reason is they don't want to give it to the same person two years in a row. especially when they have an easy excuse to vote for a legendary qb that has 1,000 more yards and more tds. it is clear to me that rodgers is more important to the success of his team than brady is to the bucs, but a voter could legitimately make the case that brady has been more productive this season.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best part too is like....
Rodgers donated *millions* to charity and small businesses before this season during the pandemic (not to mention plenty of other charitable causes in the past like the 2018 Camp Fire relief, MACC, etc). This season alone we saw a guy driving drunk hit someone at 150mph and kill them. (and then another Raiders player arrested for DUI just days ago) We had Urban Meyer ditching his team after a game to go out to a club and get grinded on by some random girl. God only knows how many players with DUI or assault or domestic abuse charges. But yeah...biggest jerk in the league.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Hub Arkush is an idiot and he doubled down on it yesterday with his supposed "apology" for revealing....that he wasn't voting for Rodgers....not for the crap he said as to why.

I didn't agree with some of the things Rodgers did off the field this season, but that isn't really what the MVP vote is about. Voters should be weighing the performance of individual players and their value to their team, not judging personal or off-the-field decisions made by players. Once again in 2021, The Green Bay Packers wouldn't be a .500 team without Rodgers, hands down he means the most to his team.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The best part too is like....
Rodgers donated *millions* to charity and small businesses before this season during the pandemic (not to mention plenty of other charitable causes in the past like the 2018 Camp Fire relief, MACC, etc). This season alone we saw a guy driving drunk hit someone at 150mph and kill them. (and then another Raiders player arrested for DUI just days ago) We had Urban Meyer ditching his team after a game to go out to a club and get grinded on by some random girl. God only knows how many players with DUI or assault or domestic abuse charges. But yeah...biggest jerk in the league.
I believe most players of Rodgers stature have charitable causes on their resume. Probably even Antonio Brown and Donkey Kong Suh.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I believe most players of Rodgers stature have charitable causes on their resume. Probably even Antonio Brown and Donkey Kong Suh.
I agree. However, I bet if you dig deep into each player, you will see a different level of personal involvement with those charitable causes. There are probably guys just OK'ing a check to "Big Brothers and Sisters" because their accountant suggests it for tax reasons, but if asked, they might not have a clue as to what that Charity does. Then there are guys that are putting their physical selves behind their charitable work.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't think he'll get it either, and i believe a significant part of the reason is they don't want to give it to the same person two years in a row. especially when they have an easy excuse to vote for a legendary qb that has 1,000 more yards and more tds. it is clear to me that rodgers is more important to the success of his team than brady is to the bucs, but a voter could legitimately make the case that brady has been more productive this season.
I'd say that it probably is closer between Rodgers and Brady than the odds would indicate. Rodgers had a terrible game in Week 1. Brady had his terrible game late in the season, so there's recency bias against that.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As someone who used to listen to a lot of Chicago sports radio I am familiar with Hub Arkush. Although he is a Bears fan I always thought he was pretty fair and impartial.ast others have the brains and decency

I have to agree with Florio on this however. Being one of the 50 voters is an honor and having admitted you won't vote for a guy because of a personal bias is unacceptable. He should have his vote taken away.

I'm not naive enough to believe that this doesn't happen more than we might think but at least the others have the brains or the decency not to say it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Good piece early in the video (first 5 minutes):

"MVP is "Most Valuable Player" not "Most Valuable Person"

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts