Not trying to be a ****, but with Bulaga...

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have never been a big Bulaga fan since we drafted him and he just did not immediately impress me. I don't think he has ever been a real good run blocker and I think his reputation is higher than his quality which has only meant we never draft a replacement. But I will say that when his face comes on the TV screen when they are showing the offensive players and he says "Iowa" I just can't keep from cracking up. Don't know where he is really from but he looks and talks (that one word) like he grew up on a one family farm in Iowa and had to walk 3 miles to get to grade school. Really cracks me up. I mean...he's perfect. As an Iowan that is. No offense meant. Really. Like going into a bar in Wisc. after my uncle and me went trout fishing and some guy asks "how was the fishing"? And my uncle sits still for about 20 seconds, and no one in the bar says anything, then he really slowly turns around to look at the guy and starts off with "wellll." Just the midwest.

D

Deleted member 6794

This is a confusing statement. Green Bay's OL, last night notwithstanding, has been one of the best on the season overall.

Unfortunately I don't think it's accurate that the Packers offensive line has been one of the best in the league this season. They have struggled too often protecting Rodgers.

I have never been a big Bulaga fan since we drafted him and he just did not immediately impress me. I don't think he has ever been a real good run blocker and I think his reputation is higher than his quality which has only meant we never draft a replacement. But I will say that when his face comes on the TV screen when they are showing the offensive players and he says "Iowa" I just can't keep from cracking up. Don't know where he is really from but he looks and talks (that one word) like he grew up on a one family farm in Iowa and had to walk 3 miles to get to grade school. Really cracks me up. I mean...he's perfect. As an Iowan that is. No offense meant. Really. Like going into a bar in Wisc. after my uncle and me went trout fishing and some guy asks "how was the fishing"? And my uncle sits still for about 20 seconds, and no one in the bar says anything, then he really slowly turns around to look at the guy and starts off with "wellll." Just the midwest.

Actually Bulaga was born in the Chicago metro area ;)

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You almost had a "feeling" that he might just get hurt....

I think he's a great guy and one of the top RTs in the NFL, but the guy just gets hurt SOOOOO much and typically in "big games" or is that just me?

I honestly feel if this is something really bad you just have to just let him go and just do whatever you can to get someone who is RELIABLE and not always hurt.

Great guy, but he's ALWAYS damn hurt it's just incredibly frustrating... but this is also why he "dropped" to us when we drafted him

Easier said than done, but I just feel you just have to let him walk and just do whateer you can to find a replacement

My 2 cents.
You nailed it. I’m amazed Bulaga made it this far really. Again, great guy, great T when healthy, but dependable? Nah. And the solution isn’t apparent. There’s a dearth of good, backup OLs in the league. The problem is not unique to the Packers. The only answer is to keep injecting youth as the vets play out their years. To that extent, Jenkins has been a pleasant surprise.