Not Saying This Isn't a Bad Loss, But.....

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I watched the New England game again then followed it with the Buffalo game. In the New England game I gotta say some of the throws Aaron Rodgers made through tight windows or timing routes were unreal. If A-Rodge is playing at his best I guess you can call that high percentage passing but if he is just a bit off we might get cooked against a good defensive team moving forward. Some people don't think we miss J. Finley but to me it's very clear we do.

We really miss a big body guy that can get down field that's physical enough to separate and be a reliable target.

H

HardRightEdge

I get it. You don't like Jermichael Finley and that's understandable.
I like Finley as a player. He would add value. I said so several times. I just don't see him as a game changer and I certainly would not pay him top 5 TE money.

H

HardRightEdge

My question for you is if he was so insignificant and they had no plans to retain him then why the choice words from MM, "That Jermichael will always be a Packer"? Why was his locker and jersey number reserved into camp while other injured players numbers were quickly given away?

Was that all just smoke and mirrors?

Doesn't look like words or actions that point toward the team feeling he wasn't an important part of what they were trying to accomplish offensively to me.
After Sherrod was released, I believe it was Campen who said, "He'll always be a Packer." When Franklin's career came to abrupt end he was given an intern job in the organization. Rodgers stumped for the retention of Wells and James Jones, but the organization decided not to pay what they asked.

If they kept his locker intact, it would have been because they would have liked to have signed him, for the right price, if he could play. Second, I would surmise it was a gesture of respect for a fallen soldier.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
After Sherrod was released, I believe it was Campen who said, "He'll always be a Packer." When Franklin's career came to abrupt end he was given an intern job in the organization. Rodgers stumped for the retention of Wells and James Jones, but the organization decided not to pay what they asked.

If they kept his locker intact, it would have been because they would have liked to have signed him, for the right price, if he could play. Second, I would surmise it was a gesture of respect for a fallen soldier.

I think the focus here has gotten too much on Finley and not what I find the problem to be. Obviously one could argue there are character concerns with Finley and I can go along with him being kind of a tweener for top 5 money. What brought me to Finley is when I watch our games that we have struggled on offense and the "3 receiver set" I can almost feel the defense putting the stress on the receivers and the progression. It's supposed to be the other way around. The problem in the past has been teams getting pressure with 4 on Rodgers and now the problem hasn't been so much on pass protection. It seems to be what is happening in the back end. Yes Rodgers had a bad game and yes there were some drops but I just hope there isn't more to it then that.

We have both talked in the past about Buffalo being a sound defensive team and having a good front and now there will be more of those type of teams ahead as far as Detroit and then of course Arizona and Seattle in the playoffs hopefully. My thinking is that a TE such as Finley who had played for us but isn't in the cards any longer due to medical reasons would be able to take some of the stress that seems to have been put on the "3 receiver set" against certain defenses.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Yeah, Seattle is peaking at the right time and looking tough.

Although not as hyped and first page news as the self proclaimed "best defense of all time Seattle Seahawks" if one takes some time and looks at our defensive numbers over the last seven game stretch I think they will see our defense is peaking at the right time as well against better offensive sample size.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although not as hyped and first page news as the self proclaimed "best defense of all time Seattle Seahawks" if one takes some time and looks at our defensive numbers over the last seven game stretch I think they will see our defense is peaking at the right time as well against better offensive sample size.

Problem is that Seattle's offense is also peaking right now and I don't think anyone can say that about the Packers' offense.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Problem is that Seattle's offense is also peaking right now and I don't think anyone can say that about the Packers' offense.

I don't know if I would call that peaking. I suppose they had some success against the Cards but a lot of that was due to Cards offense not being able to convert a 3rd down or sustain a drive.

Other then that it looks like a lot NFC West "small ball" to me. If you can score more then 20 points you have a real good chance to beat the Seahawks as there averaging 22 points a game in last 6 games. There offense is far from scary.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts