1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Not good news for the future....

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by spardo62, Nov 11, 2007.

1. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=684787. There was a mention of this in Cliffy's chat on Wednesday, and now expounded on.

The executive committee and the board in general needs to stay out of the football operations, let Harlan have a big role in choosing his replacement(even though he erred with Jones).

This organization was a mess following the Lombardi era until the ascent of Harlan back in the late 80's, largely due to many cooks in the kitchen and the organization not having one strong football voice and many wanna-be's trying to exert their power.

2. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I read that article, and it worried me a little too. Unfortunately, I think Harlan blew it by picking a successor who was not fit for the job, so now they don't want him to have a say in picking someone else.

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
  4. BryanAschenbrenner

BryanAschenbrenner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What does the article talk about, it doesn't show up for me?

5. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's about how the Packers' executive committee has cut Bob Harlan out of the selection process for his successor. They are using more of a corporate model for picking his successor, which some people fear will lead to not enough attention being paid to the football credentials of the next president. Also there is the fear that the next president will not be given enough power, so the front office could wind up with a divided leadership, which was a big part of the problem during the bad old days of the 1970s and 1980s.

6. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    copy the links properties and paste them into ur browser address bar ... then remove the . at the end of it

7. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,478
    story

8. brennan1884

brennan1884 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i hope this doesnt take down this franchise, it would be sad...how come i havnt heard much about this....i live in green bay and i havnt seen it on the news

9. DarkaneRules

DarkaneRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Call me crazy... but I think everything is going to be fine :)