Not Everyone is a Ted Thompson Fan... however

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Let me begin with saying I am in no way a huge fan of Ted Thompson's at all, and not necessarily a fan of bargin shopping at the local free agency market. He proved last year in some aspects that he will open the wallet at times, but to be honest I don't think he did enough last year in regards to offensive options on the team. I still think he didn't bring in enough veteran help last year to help the younger players develop and help carry us at times. Leadership on the field was lacking last year in the recievers and the safties for the most part. I think he sold us short last year on the field but overall has put us in a nice position to move forward for the next couple of years. So I respect his decisions for the future.

But to get all worked up this year because we haven't made a splash yet in FA is a mistake in my thinkingDo we need help in areas, absolutely. If we come into fall with the same concerns... SS,RB,FB & WR (yes I think we need another vet that can catch and run sharp routes)... then he has failed us.. Looking at all the signing so far, they have a common theme... teams are reaching (not in all cases, Thomas comes to mind).. to get to the next level... let me explain my point...

Denver - Was close last year.. so they are gearing up to make a run right now... I believe Shanny is feeling a little pressure to win and is going all out.

49ers.. Trying to take the next step and become a competitive team... trying to recapture the fans base and pushing for a new stadium I believe.

Buffalo.. Marv Levy is feeling the heat as the GM there and in my opinion is pushing for the quick fix... smart enough to know you have to start for from the inside out. IE - Spending a ton on the o-line.

Texans - Lets see miscalculated last year in letting Vince get away and the fan base let them have it. another 6-10 year isn't going to help, so they will be trying to shore up what they can. Overpaid a RB and I really don't think they are done yet.

Miami - Overpaid for Porter... not by a ton but again trying to get the fan base excited after the whole Saban deal..

Cowboys... I don't know really... Jerry has the cash to overspend on Davis and I really think he has to be in the headlines in order to feel good about himself.

In closing the league year is only a week old... relax and start loading up ammo to start blasting in August if we are asking questions like...

Can we really be competive with RB so and so or do we have a enough options with Driver, Jennings and so and so...

PS - Attacking each other is pointless people... have fun with sports and keep it in prespective... it is a game and shouldn't have a direct impact on your life or the way you VIEW others and their opinions...

Peace..

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree.......this is not the "Who spends his money the quickest wins" league.
IF at the start of the season, the holes arn't filled, then i would be upset. But there is plenty of time to get things done. Being impatient is not going to change anything, and spending just cause we have it wouldn't be smart in my view.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
IF at the start of the season, the holes arn't filled, then i would be upset. But there is plenty of time to get things done. Being impatient is not going to change anything, and spending just cause we have it wouldn't be smart in my view.

well said...

Season does not start tomorrow

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

well said...

Season does not start tomorrow

hold the phone... IT DOESN'T!??!

i'm so strung out from reading and papers and free agency craziness. i'm actually sweating a little.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Im 50/50 with TT and slipping im pretty sure that he plans on doing nothing in free agency this year besides stock pile players with no skills and save money(We are first or second behind Arizona in most cap space now) like the Marquand Manuels, Earl Little's, Adrian Klemm's, Arturo Freeman's, Matt O'Dwyers, Rod Gardners, Ben Taylors or Marc Boerigters. Last year he did manage to get us Charles Woodson and resign Kampman along with a good draft. I would be happy if TT actaully went out and signed 1 damn player from a differnt team that could help and be good but most of the good players have been signed or are about to be. All we have left are a couple good safetys in Ken Hamlin, Deon Grant which we could really use over Manuel who blows but im sure tightwad wont sign either. theres some LBers out there that are ok in but we really dont need any and i think we are good in that area, theres some TE's we could use but yet none have been in GB and the RB's are pretty much all sliping away. All I want is Ken Hamlin or Deon Grant to upgrade our safety spot over Manuel and I would be alot happier but it appears that wont happen.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some people have opined that TT won't move until the Moss thing is settled. I don't believe it unless to get Moss TT would give up draft pick(s) and/or a player or two. That WOULD impact what he'd need to accomplish in other areas. Personally, I highly doubt the whole scenerio. I DO question why Griffith has been in town for two days and nothing gets done. He is a definite need unless we want to trust Miree alone this year. Another two weeks and I doubt if ANY player worth a damn is still unsigned. That'll make combing through the **** heap a useless exercise.

Members online

Latest posts