1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

North Korea

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by ivo610, Mar 19, 2013.

1. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,773
    I would say the same thing to them too, but I haven`t seen too many North Korean Packer fans on the forum ;). I`m NOT lecturing or at least trying to lecture, I am merely expressing a fear that this is getting scary. As a "Eurowimp" :D it isn`t going to affect us too much anyway...lol Seriously Texas I KNOW he needs sorting, but as a human I hate the thought that Some people will lose sons and daughters. If that makes me a commie loving softie tree hugger, I`ll wear the badge with pride mate :tup:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. texaspackerbacker

texaspackerbacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    My first impression is how dare you call our fighting men in South Korea "fiends" (just joking about your typo).

OK, since you persist or insist on painting this as America being the root of the problem, propagandizing, whatever, I ask you, WHY in your mind, would the left-loving/Obama-loving American media, or for that matter, the American government do that (the overblown threat thing)? Do you think Obama needs a nice little war to solidify people here behind him, given the domestic "change" - to euphemize the crap he is pushing? or what? As much as I dislike Obama and his Obamaphile mainstream media, that seems unlikely, so what other possible reason could they have for your theory?

I think the obvious answer is that anybody you want to name in this country is just reacting to the weird almost suicidal rhetoric from the enemy - in a fairly calm and restrained way. For example, I haven't heard anyone in authority on our side make counter threats of nuclear obliteration of Un and the North Koreans like he has made. What you either don't see or see but don't acknowledge is that the propaganda and saber-rattling is all one-sided - the enemy overblowing things. That's the kind of conclusions a spouter of moral equivalence such as yourself would come to, I guess - we are just as bad as he/they, they are just as good as us - and any statement to the contrary must be "invented evil" - a big yeah right to that.

3. texaspackerbacker

Ratings:
    +58
    Yes, Bill, I think you would say it to them also hahaha. And yeah, of course you would have to go to a Bear or Viking forum to find North Koreans to lecture hahaha. I guess you misread hahaha. I said I wouldn't call you a leftist, much less a "commie loving softie tree hugger". You are correct that Eurowimps have nothing to fear from North Korean missiles/nukes. For that matter, realistically, neither do we here in America. The same is Not true for the other modern-day threat in the world which we have previously debated the seriousness of. Iranian missiles - apparently with nukes coming soon - are a much better suited for ruining YOUR happy life, not to mention Muslim terrorism in general, which is probably a lot bigger threat where you are than here. BTW, I understand the Iranians got a lot of that missile and nuke technology from North Korea.

I understand and respect your concern for those sons and daughters, be they American or British, but as I said last post, trust America - as we ALWAYS do, to put the highest value on innocent life - our own, our allies, even the innocents among our enemies. We got that moral imperative and value system from you British, after all. The mother country taught us well, and for nearly a century now, we have accepted the role that Britain filled before us, protecting civilization and freedom in the world - but, as they say, you can't make an omelet without cracking some eggs occasionally.

4. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,773
    :tup:

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    I am starting to think china might just handle the situation for us if this continues as its affecting them a great deal and eventually will financially. The entire area is going to agree that one country with its own agenda shouldn't send everything into turmoil

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. texaspackerbacker

Ratings:
    +58
    That would be convenient. The downside, of course, is then they would put their kind of guy in power instead of our kind of guy. I kinda doubt, though, that there is any of our kind of guy available in North Korea anyway, and if we did get somebody we liked in power, then there would be the pain in the *** of keeping him there. Probably most on our side in this country would settle for a Chicom puppet instead of what's there now.

oops, I guess we are not allowed to say donkey hahaha.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    China would put someone in power that will not cause problems and make nuclear threats. That's all I really care about. China will never allow us to control n Korea bc they don't want troops at their border.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. texaspackerbacker

Ratings:
    +58
    If we really wanted to force our will, what the Red Chinese would "not allow" would be of no consequence. However, I don't really see us doing that because 1. we have a leftist Communist-sympathizing regime in Washington right now; 2. the economic situation we have with China is actually beneficial to us these days (despite what some might claim to the contrary); 3. threatening war and/or calling bluffs does have its risks even though defeating the Chicoms in a very onesided and low cost war would be about like the Packers taking on Jacksonville. Yeah I know hahaha, games like that occasionally are lost or a lot closer than they should be; 4. it just wouldn't be worth the effort - having for example, a North Korean Hamid Karzai, and need to prop up the ungrateful bastard.

9. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +964
    Seriously

10. texaspackerbacker

Ratings:
    +58
    texaspackerbacker said:
    I understand and respect your concern for those sons and daughters, be they American or British, but as I said last post, trust America - as we ALWAYS do, to put the highest value on innocent life - our own, our allies, even the innocents among our enemies. We got that moral imperative and value system from you British, after all. The mother country taught us well, and for nearly a century now, we have accepted the role that Britain filled before us, protecting civilization and freedom in the world - but, as they say, you can't make an omelet without cracking some eggs occasionally.​
    Seriously

When I first read your "seriously" comment with no question mark, I assumed you were in agreement with the obvious stuff I posted, especially the part in red. However, after reading some of your weird posts in the other thread, I'm not so sure.

• Agree Agree x 1