1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

North Korea

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by ivo610, Mar 19, 2013.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    Any opinions on what to do with the country that seems like they are begging to be smacked upside the head?

2. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    It's all just idle talk on their part. They know damn well we would slap them like a b*tch. We have subs off their coast and a carrier fleet close by, a Marine base in Okinawa Japan and Air force there too....not to mention 20,000 troops in S korea. They don't want none. My bigger concern is Iran.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +643
    it's all talk, they are the giants fans of the east.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    This. They are all talk. Little Un got a hold of the big bad country and wants everyone to look at him like a real man. Im not even convinced they have the tech to get a warhead off the ground let alone out of their country into another.

North Korea might be the newest nuclear threat on the block but if its WW3 we are going to have its going to be based around Iran and Israel.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,049

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. NorthWestCheeseHead

NorthWestCheeseHead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +374
    None of these propagandized threats generate any real concern for me. And I think that if we stopped trying to tell other sovereign countries what they can and can't be doing we'd have a lot less "enemies".

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Darth Garfunkel

Darth Garfunkel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +495
    They won't lob any nukes our way even if they could. There is a world of difference between the Korean war and now and I think they know their chances at success would be slim. The problem is if they export the tech or components to some non-state group who hates us.

8. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    It all stems from them having "little man syndrome" and a small penis complex......that combined with a firey attitude spells loud mouths.

9. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +880
    As long as we are the prime supporter of Israel, we will have plenty of "enemies".

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,049
    If they don't "like" what the Americans are doing, send us back the money we have officially sent them over the past few years. North Korea included. BTW, how many foreign governments, aid groups, citizens sent assistance for Sandy?
    http://foreignassistance.gov/CountryIntro.aspx

11. NorthWestCheeseHead

Ratings:
    +374
    That graph is really confounding. While it states in the little paragraph blurb that it illustrates the amount of foreign aid from a given country. But when you scroll over individual countries the bubble that pops up talks about foreign aid requested for said country. All in all, I think foreign aid is a terrible idea and it should be ceased immediately. Case in point - the billions we've spent on Africa over the past decades has done nothing but to help perpetuate the issues affecting that continent.

12. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    You would think running a campaign with that as something you strongly believe in would get you very far but for some reason it doesn't. Israel seems to have a hand in our pocket and a gun to our head.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    Why not, they have all the leverage. We have stuck our necks out just far enough for them that if well pull back now before war we are hypocrites and cowards. Everyone on "Team Israel" would hate us and I'm sure more than a few world leaders have a chuckle in their offices .

If we stick to our guns and push for some Israel Palestine sovereign state it will mean war. Several parties on both sides of the line have said repeatedly. They cannot and will not be able to live next to eachother. As long as there is an Israel AND and Palestine everyday we are taking one step towards war.

14. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
  16. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    ^ really? Maybe?? who knows.....both Iran and N Korea have been looking to pick a fight for a while now, the more serious of the two would be Iran.

17. NorthWestCheeseHead

Ratings:
    +374
    Is it wrong of me to say that the posibility makes me giddy? Only from the standpoint though that I've been off AD since 09,and finished entirely with my Army contract since last year, but I'd go back to war in a heartbeat.

18. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    You sure about that bud? Iran aint no cake walk. They actually have an up to date air force, a sizeable ground force, newer tech tanks, and a special forces unit that aint no joke. We would win, but loses would be unreal on our side.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. NorthWestCheeseHead

Ratings:
    +374
    Hahaha, Yeah I'm sure about that. I was aware of all of that. Not going to protect them from an FO that they cant see dropping artillery and JDAM's on em.

20. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    North Korea would literally take between 24-48 hrs before we had control of the country. Mostly due to our vastly superior air force

21. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    So you were a forward observer? Good job man !!!! That takes calcualtion skillz like a mofo.
    I was a US Marine EOD tech.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    If they didn't get any added help, maybe, but other wise I think our Navy alone could defete that country with subs playing watch dog, destroyers and cruisers shoving 14 inch shells up their butts from off shore,aircraft carriers deploying F-18A super hornet jets dropping guided munitions.........it would be an a$$ whoop'n of epic proportion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    I say run a couple F-18s by their palace. Remind em who they talkin to.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. NorthWestCheeseHead

Ratings:
    +374
    Thanks. Being an FO was probably the most enjoyable job I've ever had to this point, all military bull$#!t aside. EOD Tech is no joke either. If we ever bump into each other at a Packer game I'll defiantly buy you a beer.

25. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Thanks, you get the beer, I'll buy the Brats !!!! Deal ? lol

• Agree Agree x 1