Noah Herron whoops robbers ****.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
With the Sean Taylor murder and the overall murder rate of home invasions.. I would have drilled anyone comming into my house to.. lucky for the intruder that the force was only a bedpost..

Lighter note...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup.........the guys lucky he didn't try to break into my place.........he would have died of "lead poisoning!"

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here in CO we have the "Make My Day Law". Any amount of force is reasonable and neccessary, as long as the person could be reasonably assessed as a threat to anything on your property.

Even though it'd be legal to use lethal force, I keep my telescoping police baton handy. I'd prefer to let off a little of the adrenaline that'd be rushing should someone actually enter my home in the dead of night.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Here in CO we have the "Make My Day Law". Any amount of force is reasonable and neccessary, as long as the person could be reasonably assessed as a threat to anything on your property.

Even though it'd be legal to use lethal force, I keep my telescoping police baton handy. I'd prefer to let off a little of the adrenaline that'd be rushing should someone actually enter my home in the dead of night.

See, this is what I was *****ing about when it comes to California laws.

My first duty is to protect my family. But in California, legally, you're supposed to do just enough to deter the attacker. And you can't even shoot someone in the back, even if they're in your house.

So...if you're a bad guy, you know the owner is in the house, just never face them. Continue to rob, kill, maim, or whatever, just keep your back turned.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's awesome. I like how he just unscrews a bedpost and uses it as a weapon. Noah is going to get a lot of jokes played on him now, a pile of bedposts outside hit locker,etc.

Maybe the Brewers or the CUbs might try to sign him!!!!

The 1st place Cubs don't need his help. :)

TheEngineer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

Can you actually get those? I would have thought they were illegal to own.

JoeGoal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, Noah is ripped.

I would have like to have seen this "thwarted" encounter. :pop:

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Talk about stupid. invading the home of a Packer player in Brown County?

I feel so sorry the these two desperate criminals. Their life is over as they know it.

These two would be safer right now if they would have taken a bus to California and murdered a waitress from The Waffle House.

They are probably been beaten and bent over in the county jail as I type this, and if they made bail they are probably been beaten worse outside the court house by a vigilante mob of Packer Fans.

Brown County is Packer Country. They best plead guilty, and not demand a trial by jury, then demand to spend their time in a Minnesota prison.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

See, this is what I was *****ing about when it comes to California laws.

My first duty is to protect my family. But in California, legally, you're supposed to do just enough to deter the attacker. And you can't even shoot someone in the back, even if they're in your house.

So...if you're a bad guy, you know the owner is in the house, just never face them. Continue to rob, kill, maim, or whatever, just keep your back turned.
Thats just plain stupid.
I mean, what are you supposed to do? Hit the guy just a little, and then wait to see if that deters him? "Hmmm......that didn't stop him......I'll hit him a little harder....." meanwhile, he's pulling out his knife to slit your throat.
Zombie.............shoot him in the back, then turn him over and shoot him in the front. The you tell the cops you shot him in the front first, then he turned quickly and you shot him in the back by accident.
Isn't that crazy? How do you know just how much it will take to deter a criminal, unless you go 100% right from the start? If it doesn't deter him, it will just **** him off and you have alot better chance of getting yourself or your loved ones killed.
My Uncle was a Milwaukee Police detective. He told me, "If someone is breaking into your house, and he's climbing through your window, shoot him and empty the gun on him. If he falls outside, go out and drag him into the house." You need to empty the gun to prove you feared for your life, and reacted to protect yourself. And if you only injure him, he will probably come back and sue you for using unnessacary force.
Isn't that just plain nuts? If someone is breaking into my place, he has lost all his rights as to what happens to him at that point.
JMO of course.
I told my wife......if someone tries to break in, ask who they are and warn them that you have a gun and will use it. If they don't run immediatly, empty it into their chest. I taught her how to use the gun and let her shoot it so that she's not afraid of it. When i go for a week deer hunting, i give her the loaded gun, and she sleeps with it by her side.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ooh, good info. I'll keep that in mind next time. :D

Seriously, though - what a stupid law. I think I'd rather ventilate the creep and deal with the consequences later. I agree with cheesey: my home is my castle - mess with me and my family at your peril.

Double tap - center of mass...

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

Can you actually get those? I would have thought they were illegal to own.

My wife got it for me for Christmas. (yeah, she's a keeper) Some website sold "personal safety items". Not sure if they're illegal here or not, the laws usually vary state-to-state. But I'm pretty sure the only ones that are illegal in some places are the spring-loaded ones, or the "whiplash" batons.

Guess I'll leave it to the bad guys if there's question on the legality, but they probably won't be quite coherent enough to here the responding police officer's explanation of local laws to me....

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats just plain stupid.
I mean, what are you supposed to do? Hit the guy just a little, and then wait to see if that deters him? "Hmmm......that didn't stop him......I'll hit him a little harder....." meanwhile, he's pulling out his knife to slit your throat.
Zombie.............shoot him in the back, then turn him over and shoot him in the front. The you tell the cops you shot him in the front first, then he turned quickly and you shot him in the back by accident.
Isn't that crazy? How do you know just how much it will take to deter a criminal, unless you go 100% right from the start? If it doesn't deter him, it will just **** him off and you have alot better chance of getting yourself or your loved ones killed.
My Uncle was a Milwaukee Police detective. He told me, "If someone is breaking into your house, and he's climbing through your window, shoot him and empty the gun on him. If he falls outside, go out and drag him into the house." You need to empty the gun to prove you feared for your life, and reacted to protect yourself. And if you only injure him, he will probably come back and sue you for using unnessacary force.
Isn't that just plain nuts? If someone is breaking into my place, he has lost all his rights as to what happens to him at that point.
JMO of course.
I told my wife......if someone tries to break in, ask who they are and warn them that you have a gun and will use it. If they don't run immediatly, empty it into their chest. I taught her how to use the gun and let her shoot it so that she's not afraid of it. When i go for a week deer hunting, i give her the loaded gun, and she sleeps with it by her side.

Agreed with everything you said.

California is one of the most "criminal friendly" states. You'd be surprised some of the laws they have on the books here.

I'm just glad Noah Herron was robbed in Wisconsin and not California. If he were robbed here and beat up that thug, someone would be going after him for "excessive force" and he might be facing fines and/or jail time.

It's a sad thing that when you have a thug in your house here, you have to not only consider how best to defend your family, but also how to stay out of jail by not doing "too much."

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, idk why the robber would try to invade an nfl player's house. :confused:

I'm assuming they didn't know it was Noah Herron's house. Probably just a couple stupid thugs.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

risk vs reward my friend.

risk:getting your *** smacked by a 6 foot 5 inch highly trained slab of muscle

reward: millionaire's belongings.

depending on how hard up you are for cash... the reward might outweigh the risk.

on a side note: in the interviews on Packers.com...the reporters kept on and on and on asking questions about this stupid break in. and clearly they were told not to say anything about it. yet they kept asking. i just think theres more to talk about right now than this stupid garbage. get off your lazy ***** reporters and do your job before someone else does.

and another side note about the interviews: who is the black reporter... i think he works for wtjm, but im not sure. regardless of who he works for, i wish they would fire him. he asks the most irrelevant pointless lame questions and thinks he is cute/funny while asking them. the players clearly think hes lame, and i would be forced to punch him in the ovaries if i saw him out somewhere. he also talks to different players differently...for example talks to Arod normally, then breaks the thug vibe out with other players. drives me crazy and i hope he is fired...anyone else think that or know of whom i speak?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
favre2driver said:

depending on how hard up you are for cash... the reward might outweigh the risk.

This was a big thing in Chicago the last couple years. James Posey, Eddy Curry, and some others I can't remember got their homes invaded.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
favre2driver said:

This was a big thing in Chicago the last couple years. James Posey, Eddy Curry, and some others I can't remember got their homes invaded.

This also happened to Al Harris while he was in the Pro Bowl, apparently

News of the thwarted break-in at Noah Herron's house struck a nerve with Green Bay Packers teammate Al Harris.

While Harris was at the Pro Bowl in Hawaii in February, his Green Bay-area home was broken into and a television was stolen, he said.

"I'm glad I wasn't home," Harris said after Wednesday's organized team activities practice. "That's crazy."

Harris said he called the police but wasn't sure whether anyone was apprehended.

Herron used a bedpost to bash one of the intruders on the head during the attempted robbery at his Howard residence on Friday night. He declined to talk to reporters on Wednesday. Packers coach Mike McCarthy said the running back "is going through a tough time."

In November, Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor was murdered during a break-in at his home in suburban Miami, not far from where Harris makes his offseason home in Coral Springs, Fla.

Harris repeated Wednesday what he said then: This is a safe place.

"It is, it is," the veteran cornerback said. "This is a place where you can leave your door open, but there are some bad apples. I hate that Noah or anybody had to go through that type of thing, someone burglarizing your house."

Being rich and famous would be a little scary, I think...

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts