No Runningback

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT is not inclined at this time to sign another runningback to take Davenports roster spot. Instead his fondest desire is to sign another wide receiver, curious, since if Green can't play or is injured again we are less than thin. ReShard Lee was a quarterback in college for crying out loud. He gained 7 yards on 7 carries Sunday.
Walt Williams is still out there and even some of the players have called him expecting that he would be brought back. He averaged almost 7 yards a carry in the one game he played in last year.
What is up with that!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green is going to play in two weeks, Fisher is a solid 3rd down back and Lee is a great special teams player so I'm not sure I disagree with TT not picking up another back. We're a lot deeper at RB than we are at WR.

OP
OP
Y

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Green is going to play in two weeks, Fisher is a solid 3rd down back and Lee is a great special teams player so I'm not sure I disagree with TT not picking up another back. We're a lot deeper at RB than we are at WR.
Green might play in 2 weeks, Sherman isn't as sure as you are. Fisher has been a solid third down back but that doesn't make him a starter or everydown back and this year he has been less than solid.
ReShard Lee may be a demon on special teams but that doesn't mean he would be a major factor in the running game (witness 7 yards on 7 carries against the Saints).
Our running game has been anemic with Green, was looking up with Davenport until he got hurt and went back to anemic after his injury.
We can't win if we can't run the football. The wide receivers and tight ends are adequate right now and I think we are deeper there than at RB.
This team is not " DEEP" at any position. IMHO!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where in the U.P.? I grew up in Land O' Lakes, WI and can throw a stone into the place.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
Green might play in 2 weeks, Sherman isn't as sure as you are. Fisher has been a solid third down back but that doesn't make him a starter or everydown back and this year he has been less than solid.
ReShard Lee may be a demon on special teams but that doesn't mean he would be a major factor in the running game (witness 7 yards on 7 carries against the Saints).
Our running game has been anemic with Green, was looking up with Davenport until he got hurt and went back to anemic after his injury.
We can't win if we can't run the football. The wide receivers and tight ends are adequate right now and I think we are deeper there than at RB.

And who is this magical back that no one has picked up who is going to be a "major factor in the running game?" Answer is no one. If there were a guy like that available he'd be on an active roster in the blink of an eye. The fact of the matter is that you don't pick up impact players in week 6 and anyone we pick up would be just a body right now (and that includes Walt Williams). Lee's contributions on special teams will keep him on the roster and let's not forget that Lee had 3 days to learn the playbook so we were kind of limited in the plays that we could run. In addition, everyone in the stadium knows you're going to run in the 4th quarter with a 49 point lead so that might have had something to do with his 1 ypc average.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly, TOP...like there is a franchise-type workhorse out there that is not activated already. Maybe you raid a practice squad, but again, they are there for a reason.

OP
OP
Y

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
yooperfan said:

And who is this magical back that no one has picked up who is going to be a "major factor in the running game?" Answer is no one. If there were a guy like that available he'd be on an active roster in the blink of an eye. The fact of the matter is that you don't pick up impact players in week 6 and anyone we pick up would be just a body right now (and that includes Walt Williams). Lee's contributions on special teams will keep him on the roster and let's not forget that Lee had 3 days to learn the playbook so we were kind of limited in the plays that we could run. In addition, everyone in the stadium knows you're going to run in the 4th quarter with a 49 point lead so that might have had something to do with his 1 ypc average.
You are right, there is no magical running back out there. What I'm saying is that we are about as thin at running back as you can get and Walt Williams knows the offense compared to any other running back and he has proven that he can get more than 1 yard per carry.
TT already filled a roster spot with a WR when Walker went down, now that Davenport is down, fill that spot with another running back.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is Dorsey still out there?

I know he's gettin' old..but he was getting 5.0 yd avg per carry with the Eagles last year?

REmember OJ Anderson when he played with the Giants at the end of his career...? and he was 38....

it can be done...

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
150 miles north of Green Bay? Doesn't that pretty much put you in Siberia? I didn't think anything lived 150 miles north of Green Bay!

Just kidding to all my Canadien friends........I just shivered when I read 150 miles North of green Bay.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dorsey is with the Iggles, The Packer front office is content with what they have in Lee and are not going to sign Williams. His injury record is working against him. Their is a quote in another thread about this.
Now if someone getsw nicked in oractice the next two weeks look for Williams to be brought back in.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know who I'd love to see as GB's halfback? A non headcase, more affordable(he's making what, 4-5 mill.? Too much :( ) Ricky Williams.:p

Members online

Latest posts