No results yet from the mediated talks

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The talks ended atleast for this week. It seems there are still differences that need to be taken care of. They start again next week on Tuesday!

Hopefully they can get something done about the billions of dollars that us fans are forking up to the owners and the players!

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully they get it done soon so they don't get the fans torqued, similar to what happened to major league baseball with their situation, back in '94. MLB lost their luster and never fully recovered from that stoppage.

The economy is now skittish and our state and federal governments are running out of operating dough. Fuel costs shooting up with the mid-east unrest, this is the wrong time for both sides to dig in their heels, IMO.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it..

OP
OP
rawalabhay

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nah I am as worried as you are! Hoping they can get something done here soon. I don't know why many of the fans are taking it for granted that a deal will get done!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no deal favors the pack imo. Less time for teams to make the jumps and strides to catch up with us. No time to install a new offense or defense. We start the season in october and the packers are in a great spot imo.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I LOVE baseball (Go Padres!!! Remember, I am a California guy! Although I LOVE the Packers and always have, always will. I cheer the Padres and Lakers in the other main sports.) I don't know what I would do if all the sudden there was no football to watch after (and a bit during.) baseball season. Please, oh please find some mutual ground players/owners!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I LOVE baseball (Go Padres!!! Remember, I am a California guy! Although I LOVE the Packers and always have, always will. I cheer the Padres and Lakers in the other main sports.) I don't know what I would do if all the sudden there was no football to watch after (and a bit during.) baseball season. Please, oh please find some mutual ground players/owners!

we have an nba thread with ongoing banter between lebron and kobe fans, you should check it out.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
no deal favors the pack imo. Less time for teams to make the jumps and strides to catch up with us. No time to install a new offense or defense. We start the season in october and the packers are in a great spot imo.

Nah, then this season will be labeled an asterisk year. I want us to repeat, and I don't want any excuses.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nah, then this season will be labeled an asterisk year. I want us to repeat, and I don't want any excuses.

I dont think most would say that about two of the redskins titles but I see where you are coming from. I think it would only be an asterisk in peoples minds if we went undefeated, but who knows how history will reguard it.

Members online

Latest posts