No Respect.....

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't know how big Sherman is on speechifyin' and using psykology....

But if there is anything to grab a hold of..this would be it....

The Pack is picked as the UNDERDOG this Sunday against the Lions....

(also...they've taken a beating by the press in general this year....)

So..if I were Sherman (and thank god i'm not)...i would use this little fact to my advantage as a motivational tool...(Bellicheck is a master of this kind of thing)....

and the Packer's better play like they are pissed off and have something to prove this Sunday...(and every Sunday)...if not...there's going to be BIG problems this year....

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and the Packer's better play like they are pissed off and have something to prove this Sunday...(and every Sunday)...if not...there's going to be BIG problems this year....
Amen P@ck, Amen.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
yeah DePack...

right...i dream of being Sherman....you got me figured out now...

(if you don't realize it...this is sarcasm...)

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sarcasm, just another free service you provide.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I'd like to see this year is for our team to come out fired up. It always seemed last year like it took a quarter before our guys woke up. And then we still didn't hit anybody. I know Barnett took a ton of criticism last season for over-celebrating, but I want to see that this year. After the game that he did that I was the only one encouraging it. Leave the Sharper shake at home, but its okay to motivate your teammates.
I think all around our D got more physical this year so putting the fear of God into the WR crossing the middle early and often will pay dividends later in the game.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We WASTE our 1st quarter with scripted plays to feel the other team out. Isn't that what a week of film is for. While we are tapdancing our opponents are kicking our *** playing to score and win. Check first quarter scoring for the last several years if you need convincing. God, I hate that crap!!

Wasting a whole quarter of a game...sheer idiocy!!

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is it everyone has against us anyhow to pick us as underdogs? We will show them. We do it every year. They say the same things, but we show them in the end.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You said it chick! A pissed off and underestimated Packers team coupled with a Queens team who flounders under good circumstances (and now has the weight of division/SB expectations across the board on their shoulders) is a situation I personally like.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
You said it chick! A pissed off and underestimated Packers team coupled with a Queens team who flounders under good circumstances (and now has the weight of division/SB expectations across the board on their shoulders) is a situation I personally like.

yes digs, all the words said about the pack will be a motivator rather than a downer.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Be glad we are not playing in Detroit on Thanksgiving. The Lions could beat the Patriots on Thanksgiving.

The dome games in Detroit and Minnesota are very tough every year.

The pressure is on Marriucci for this game. He has to convince players, organization, and city that the Lions have improved and can win. Defeating the reining division champs goes a long way toward that.

On the other side if the Lions lose excitement about their season greatly reduced. The upside and the downside are greater for the Lions. This is a playoff type game for them.

The Lions will be fired up for this game. I want the Packers to be emotionally ready. I think it would be best to kick off at begining of the game and have the Lions offense fail rather than the Packer offensive script bog down into a punting situation.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Be glad we are not playing in Detroit on Thanksgiving. The Lions could beat the Patriots on Thanksgiving.

The dome games in Detroit and Minnesota are very tough every year.

The pressure is on Marriucci for this game. He has to convince players, organization, and city that the Lions have improved and can win. Defeating the reining division champs goes a long way toward that.

On the other side if the Lions lose excitement about their season greatly reduced. The upside and the downside are greater for the Lions. This is a playoff type game for them.

The Lions will be fired up for this game. I want the Packers to be emotionally ready. I think it would be best to kick off at begining of the game and have the Lions offense fail rather than the Packer offensive script bog down into a punting situation.

they should be motivated by the negative press they are experiencing about now.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You would think so chick, but MS coached teams have a penchant for coming out flat early in the season lately, and appear to underestimate bad teams...resulting in losses. They better be up for this one!

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If MS does not have them ready, it could be ugly because Detroit will be fired up. We need to take control early, put our foot on their throat and keep it there.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66...

Why don't you go bet your house that the Packers lose? That would make you happy.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
You would think so chick, but MS coached teams have a penchant for coming out flat early in the season lately, and appear to underestimate bad teams...resulting in losses. They better be up for this one!

same here digs. like dan reeves said in that one commerical, never take a bad team lightly

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They can't afford to take any team lightly this year. Hopefully MS has learned that in the last 5 years. But this year it could be fatal.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
OB1 (Packmaster) said,

"P@ck66... Why don't you go bet your house that the Packers lose? That would make you happy.."

OB1..put down the bottle..it's too early in the day to be that drunk...

What are you talking about? I don't want to see the Pack lose....

(I just want there to be some accountability this year when it comes to coaching decisions made or not made, and team preparedness....like it or not...Sherman's under the microscope this year..and he better perform!)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont get all this "sherman is under the microscope" BS. I mean, he should be, but he just signed a 4 year extension..so clearly he isnt on the hotseat like everyone thinks.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
I don't know how big Sherman is on speechifyin' and using psykology....

But if there is anything to grab a hold of..this would be it....

The Pack is picked as the UNDERDOG this Sunday against the Lions....

(also...they've taken a beating by the press in general this year....)

So..if I were Sherman (and thank god i'm not)...i would use this little fact to my advantage as a motivational tool...(Bellicheck is a master of this kind of thing)....

I wish the same thing here. :twisted:

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
tromadz..

it's a 2 YEAR extension..(Jeez..if it was 4..I would jump off a cliff..)

and as you said..."He should be..."

and is...He can always be "fired" you know...I wonder if there is a clause in his contract regarding firing...?

(I was listening to Mike and the Mad Dog here on the east coast..they were talking to some nfl insider, and they could not believe that Sherman got the 2 year extension...especially since they took away his GM duties)

they said that the Packers may have done it to be "nice"...to say kind of ...we take care of our own....type of thing...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nobody gets an extension and is fired(except dave wannstedt).

Not with the winning record he has.
Not with the playoff appearances he has.

Most of that is thanks to favre, but he is as close to being fired as andy reid is. and if you think reid is on the hotseat too, then put a shotgun in your mouth and your toe on the trigger.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts