No Respect

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everything I read about the packers says that they will finish third in the division and probably not make the playoffs. What the He$$? Has everyone forgotten that the Pack has won the division the last three years. Has everyone forgotten that Mike Tice is still the coach of the vikings and is destined to find a way to screw up his playoff chances. What is with everyone picking the Lions ahead of the Pack? Did Joey Harrington learn how to throw over the summer? Just because they have three good receivers doesn't mean crap when the QB can't throw the ball to them. I'm sick of this crap.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't let what the "professionals" say bother you. They are hardly ever right. Remember a few years ago they were not picking the Packers to win the division but they did. Now they are doing it again and the Pack will probably prove them wrong again. The only other team in the division that I am concerned about is the Vikings. Even though Tice is there coach yet they still have a very dangerous team. And now Moss isn't there to hold them back. I expect It will be a good division race between the packers and the Vikqueens.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
They've been saying the Pack will finish crappy the last four years.

If they keep stabbin at it, eventually they will be right. Trouble is, what kind of @ss kicking do they get for being wrong year after year. Nothing. We should help them out with that.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
SlickVision said:

If they keep stabbin at it, eventually they will be right. Trouble is, what kind of @ss kicking do they get for being wrong year after year. Nothing. We should help them out with that.

• Avoid all ESPN Programming which is anti-Green Bay

Avoid all FoxNews pundits who only care to jump on the bandwagon...

Email any Sports Reporter asking how that lobotimy is workin out for 'em!

Specifically email over to Czabe.com with your opinion - he'll repeat for the masses BiG time... Steve Czaban is the real deal, fellas... He won't pull no crap about any of it.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions have all the recievers in the world...well for at least the first few games. They also have Joey who's on a very short leash with Garcia ready to man the helm. I sure as he!! remember playing and beating Garcia when he was throwing to a much better WR, TO. One thing I do know is that the Pack plays much better as the underdog vs the favorite. Here's to a great year for the PAck.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ryan said:
SlickVision said:

Not attacking you here just a fyi.

It's a bunch of BS!! It is one of the biggest aspects of personalities that drive me nuts more than anything. Those who are so negative about EVERYTHING because they do not have the sack to be positive and possibly WRONG! That is exactly how I feel some of these 'experts' are. Let's rat on the Pack AGAIN because they are from a SMALL town and have the BEST fans ever and we can't put faith in a small town franchise.

ARGH I can't get into this right now I'm at work I have to be happy go lucky!!

To all the doubters GO PACK GO FOUR DIVISION CHAMPS IN A ROW GO PACK GO and we will get another SB so EAT IT RAW WITH DIRTY BANDAIDS!!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you guys are taking this WAY TOO PERSONALLY!!!!!!!!

Some guy spent 5 minutes looking at the "key additions" and "key losses" list that his summer intern plopped on his desk, and then just threw a list together. The Packers were low in the additions, and big in the losses category so they get ranked low.

It doesn't mean that writer is disrespecting the fans, the town, or thinks that our children are stupid, our dogs are ugly, and our state smells like feces... it's just a silly preseason prediction...that's it.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Success in the playoffs is the only cure. By success they must win 2 playoff games. My hope is 3 or 4(if they have to) playoff wins.

There is no way to gloss it over. Losing at Lambeau field with it's playoff history to an 8-8 team that you won against in two previous games looked pretty sorry. That is the memory the Packers left the NFL. A sorry pathetic team.

That is the team the nation saw. Why should their opinion be different?

Take your cue from Brett. He was not happy about it at all. Dedicated himself this off season and is chomping at the bit to get the season going. He is visibly angered this preseason when teammates screw up. Even the guys playing in the fourth quarter who will not make the team.

You don't end other people opinion of you by whining about it.
You go out and make a new impression on them.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also...not everyone follows the Packers as closely as we do. For example, if the Seahawks lost their 2 staring guards and safety, and added few to no big names in the offseason, would YOU be on your soap box announcing to everyone that they'd be the next SB champs?!? NO! You'd probably absent mindedly put them at 20th or something, thinking next to nothing about it.

It could very well be that they filled some holes nicely through the draft, and added some great journeymen, but none of us read up on their TC reports or read 18 articles about the upside of their 3rd round pick up from Middle Tennessee State who was a diamond in the rough find. It's no different than w/ these writers...they follow things slightly more than the casual fan, but what has been the summary in these polls for years..."Well, they still have Brett Favre." Well, that tells you about how much thought they put into them.

AF Lion

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh please!!! :roll: Most sports analysts still have their lips permenatly planted on Brett Farves ***. And not only do the Lion's Have their recievers (who have looked extremely good so far) Their main weapon is going to be Kevin Jones who was the #1 rookie runner last year despite only starting for half a season. I am not saying they are going to win the north this year but to say they have not improved is crazy. I do consider the Packers as a division contender but I really could not argue with anyone that said the Pack will finish 3rd in the north with an 8-8 record.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hey Jackazz...

You can speak here when you get a QB....jeez...(Harrington and Garcia?)

Puleeeze....

fvre4mvp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm so sick of hearing about the lions 3 Awesome wide receivers charles rogers hasn't played 5 games in a row since college but he's still great Roy Williams is the only proven guy nothing wrong w/ him Mike Williams hasn't played a NFL down yet but he's still great if he's so great why was williamson drafted ahead of him. Not to mention Joey Harrington enough said just cause guys are top 10 picks doesn't mean there sure fire pro bowlers. The last time I checked Brett Favre enough said has 2 pro bowl wide receivers and fergy who isn't afraid to go over the middle but like Rogers is injury prone but not that bad

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Ryan said:
SlickVision said:

• Avoid all ESPN Programming which is anti-Green Bay

Avoid all FoxNews pundits who only care to jump on the bandwagon...

Email any Sports Reporter asking how that lobotimy is workin out for 'em!

Specifically email over to Czabe.com with your opinion - he'll repeat for the masses BiG time... Steve Czaban is the real deal, fellas... He won't pull no crap about any of it.
Come on man. It sounds like you want to hear only one opinion and it better be the same as yours.

kuston

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"No Respect" ? Are you so sure that is the root cause of the press? I'll offer an different point of view. Gambling. NFL Gambling is a multi billion dollar industry. The line on the Packers has been steadily moving this preseason towards the Packers being better then the opening line. Remember a few months ago, the line to win the division was 4-1, today its anywhere between 2.3-1 to 3-1. That's alot of money on the Packers to move the line. I'll suggest that the smart money has already been placed, and the dumb money will go down as the season starts. Now the bookies need to get alot of dumb money on the opposite side of the smart money.

Just like on Wall Street, what's the best way to influence the dumb money? The talking heads. They are all for sale, pick some noisy ones and get them to chant the party line. For all of you that think this is b*llsh*t, did you knows that Pat Kirwin of NFL.com and Sirius got 40% of the agent's cut for Carson Palmer? What for you say? the agent hired Kirwin to use his influence to get Palmer to sign with the agent and then promote Palmer. Palmer was a lock for #1, what a waste of money I thought, then I got to thinking, would smart money take any chances? Kirwin has alot of contacts and is for sale, people buy into his opinion. Dumb money will follow his opinion also, the bookies know it. Read Kirwin piece on NFL.com today, he give no arguements to the Vikings being better, but he picks them. Actually as I was reading it, I thought he was going to pick hte Packers, but I knew better. He was writing for the dumb money.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packer4ever said:
Everything I read about the packers says that they will finish third in the division and probably not make the playoffs. What the He$$? Has everyone forgotten that the Pack has won the division the last three years. Has everyone forgotten that Mike Tice is still the coach of the vikings and is destined to find a way to screw up his playoff chances. What is with everyone picking the Lions ahead of the Pack? Did Joey Harrington learn how to throw over the summer? Just because they have three good receivers doesn't mean crap when the QB can't throw the ball to them. I'm sick of this crap.

Dont let the experts bother you.

Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Hey Jackazz...

You can speak here when you get a QB....jeez...(Harrington and Garcia?)

Puleeeze....

I never thought I would say this on this forum, but P@ck66, RIGHT ON! :chest: At the rate your QB's are going, my 11 year old sister could try out and become the starter.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packer4ever said:

to hear something like that really hurts. :cry:

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that people are always down on the Packers. We just have to keep thinking postively. And, as we see, Brett is all fired up; so that should help some. I know the odds are against the Pack tomorrow night, but maybe they will beat the odds. Let's all hope they do. Go Pack!!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AF Lion said:
Oh please!!! :roll: Most sports analysts still have their lips permenatly planted on Brett Farves ***.
WHOA...Nellie......

As of two days ago, while at the local Gym... the Sports TV showed an overview of NFL QB's and they barely showed Brett Favre ..at all. You can all come down from the clouds these days.. and if you were to ask Brett...? He never has.. had his head stuck up on Mount Olympus.

Today's SportsWriters are all going gah-gah over Michael (err.. Ron Mexico) Vick... along with Donovan McNabb... segment after segment is almost complettely about BLACK quarterbacks... if they actually show a few white ones (at this stage) they are either just retiring or just hitting the HOF. Brett is barely included...

Not sure where you're watching your info - but I watched the whole hour from the treadmill..... Almost no green & gold at all during that Show. It was around Suppertime.

Detroit's not gonna get mentioned, neither is the NY Jets, or Denver, or Green Bay, and Chicago... nor anyone else at this stage... unless they're the latest phenom Rookie.... The PC bug is alive and well with ESPN, etc about BLACK quarterbacks finally having "their" heyday.... and their STATS are not supposed to be a true overview of how great they should be considered to be....

Course, if you actually review their Stats? :smirk: - Suddenly, we';re looking at QB's (quite a few of them) who have yet to attain a SuperBowl ring. But, it isn't like only white QB's are the only ones to ever win an SB ring, either.... WE ALL KNOW THAT...

And, I'm trying to not be discriminatory here, either... just relating the focus you see on today's ESPN. I could care less if everyone was colored fisherman's lure green.... wouldn't matter to me at all.... just as long as they KNOW the game.

Popularity of QB's as I have seen presented are:

• Michael Vick - aka by (real name) Ron Mexico (No, you cannot purchase a jersey, either)
    Donovan McNabb - (Coach, take me out, I'm pooped)
    Duante' Culpepper - ("Who needs a Randy Moss..!")
    Ben Rothlisberger (phenom Rookie)
    Tom Brady - (unheralded 3xSB Freak)
    Aaron Brooks (Green Bay trained..... right?)

Brett who....? Oh yeah, he retired..right?
    Jake (da Snake) Plummer
    So on and so on... yadda yadda yadda....

Personally, for any and all QB's out there, I usually refer to their current stats which will always be the historical record as time passes.. Along with the basic fact that only SuperBowl winners ever truly get remembered.

Good luck, Detroit - We'll be ready for ya.. and "da Mooch", too!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you don't think the media still kisses Brett's behind, then wait and watch Madden or the ESPN gang commentate a Packers game.

Members online

Latest posts