No one saw this coming eh?

slowsinistermo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone thought the Packer's awesome start was such a surprise, one of the most surprising teams. Everyone from packers fans to experts said they didn't expect much of this team, and ppl said no one did. Well ppl, I sure as hell did. How could ppl pick a team that won it's last 4 games last year and exceeded expectations to go about 6-10. I saw loads of young talent along with a legendary qb last year, and given time to develop, you knew they would be a lot of good players. Hawk and Jennings in particular have improved loads, along with the o-line. The D which is our strength this year was actually our weakness last year. Not untill the end of the year did those guys start clicking, and favre pretty much only trusted Driver last year. I have to say Jones was a great surprise as well as the astounding improvements of Jennings. At the end of last year ppl saw a future for these guys, then expected them to be bad this year? I don't get it, but all I can say is that this doesn't surprise me one bit.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure there were plenty of Packer fans who picked the team to have a great season in 2007. Problem is, most of them probably picked the Pack to have a great season in 2005 and 2006 as well.

I went with 10-6, which is better than most, but it looks like they are going to exceed that.

OP
OP
S

slowsinistermo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the team goes 8-8 last year, improves drastically over the course of the year, and ppl think they are going to be WORSE this season?

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well you never know... other teams could get better too ;)

But it sure feels great to be 9-1! Too bad we had to lose to the Bears though... THE BEARS!!!! Revenge...

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said 11-5. But like i also said, i'm a "homer". I love "my" Packers, and always think they are gonna do well.
Well, they havent hit 11 wins yet, but it sure looks good that they might just make my preseason prediction end up being lower then they end up!
It's been a fun season, for sure!
And Darkane........I would give up TWO losses to the Bears if it meant us going to and WINNING the SB!!
(Even though i think we will slap them around next time we play them..........unless of course we have nothing to play for, and Brett is too busy thinking about the next upcoming holiday or something!)LOLOL!!! :lol:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said 10-6, and we're gonna get 10 tomorrow! Wow....this team has come a long way since the sherman era.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone thought the Packer's awesome start was such a surprise, one of the most surprising teams. Everyone from packers fans to experts said they didn't expect much of this team, and ppl said no one did. Well ppl, I sure as hell did. How could ppl pick a team that won it's last 4 games last year and exceeded expectations to go about 6-10. I saw loads of young talent along with a legendary qb last year, and given time to develop, you knew they would be a lot of good players. Hawk and Jennings in particular have improved loads, along with the o-line. The D which is our strength this year was actually our weakness last year. Not untill the end of the year did those guys start clicking, and favre pretty much only trusted Driver last year. I have to say Jones was a great surprise as well as the astounding improvements of Jennings. At the end of last year ppl saw a future for these guys, then expected them to be bad this year? I don't get it, but all I can say is that this doesn't surprise me one bit.

Congratulations? GO PACK GO

Reaction score
This team seems to have gotten a swagger in the past couple of weeks, and that is something I didn't expect. It's as if the team is no longer relived to win games (as someone said in another thread), they are indifferent to a win because they expected to win, and win comfortably.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i also think playing in a week division and a weak conference helps :D but yah i would never have predicted we'd beat the Eagles and Chargers before the season started but i did think we could get at least 9-10 wins.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I looked forward to a great year this year. Yes...I even thought we would make a run at the division title. I was hopeful we would take the NFC. Mostly I wanted Favre to have a great year. So far so good.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Don't dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I chose them to go 10 and 6 this year. And so did a lot of other people. So whats your point?

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
slowsinistermo said:

Don't dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back.

Exactly. Everyone was hopeful that we'd have a great season, but no one knew it was going to be like this. I thought we could have a winning season, and we are. I'm not naive enough to assume that we're going to win every single game we play. We're 9-1, and I still have doubts going into every game. I love when people try to take personal credit for something they have nothing to do with.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its not a bad thing to say you had faith in this team and so many many people on this forum didnt.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well you never know... other teams could get better too ;)

But it sure feels great to be 9-1! Too bad we had to lose to the Bears though... THE BEARS!!!! Revenge...

The second game is the game I'm looking forward to most. ****** me off to no end that no matter how bad this season goes for da Bears, Lovie Smith inside is smiling that he beat the Packers. Urgh!!!!!!

If we don't win by at least 20 points, I'm going to be pissed.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its not a bad thing to say you had faith in this team and so many many people on this forum didnt.

It's not about that. Everyone has some kind of faith in their team, otherwise they wouldn't root for them. It's about people saying, "I must be the only true fan here, because I knew they were going to be this good." We root for the same team, we've discussed the ins and outs of this team all through the offseason. We sat through a 4-12 season and rooted for them just as hard then as we do now. I can't stand it when someone is saying "I told you so" about a team we ALL want to win. It's pointless.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was very optimistic after winning out the last for games last season to go 8-8, and we should have been 9-7 if we didnt blow a game in Buffalo. I was expecting our team to go around 11-5 or 12-4 this year and if you told me this team would be 10-1 through 11 games, i would have been pleasantly suprised. Just because you don't expect as much out of the team as other people, doesn't mean your less of a fan.

OP
OP
S

slowsinistermo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im refferring to ppl on tv, in the media, and online, they didn't expect much and i never understood why.....

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im refferring to ppl on tv, in the media, and online, they didn't expect much and i never understood why.....

Because people on tv aren't experts, they just pretend to be. I never heard one NFL analyst say the Pack would make the playoffs. From most places I heard 8-8 would be our record at best. So far we are 10-1, so that just goes to prove that they aren't experts, just ex NFL players who have nothing else better to do.

As for people online. They just looked and saw that the only free agent we added was Frank Walker and we had no flashy draft picks, so they assumed we would suck. And everyone thought that Favre was washed up and over the hill.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
The only thing I got a kick out of was during preseason when everyone wanted to cut Brett's head off and put in A-rod after having four 3 and outs against the Steelers, in PRESEASON! It was the end of the world!

And now Brett SHOULD be the MVP, funny how that ended up

Members online

Latest posts