No more press conferences

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cuz MIke Sherman SAys SO!

No, someone had a cell phone go off in his conference, and he threw a hissy fit. They canceled favres. They wanted the person to apologize but nobody came forward. They then proceeded to flick the light switch off and on.

Sigh....

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
They've been asking for people to turn their cell phones off all season. They don't listen so no one gets to hear the press conference.

What's so hard about understanding that?

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just...kick that specific guy out and let that be the end of it. im sure someone knows who it is. It was the guy who made a move for his cell phone when a phone started ringing. IS Sherman heading the investigation? jesus...

this "Im gonna turn around and count to 10, and when I turn around, I want the cell phone on my desk. Nobody will get in trouble" crap is super lame...even for sherm.

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too bad we can not see Coach Sherman as fired up on the sidelines as we do during a cellphone going off. Maybe when at a game we should all ring our phones :)

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before all of you go off about this: both the Press-Gazette and Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel said the decision to not have the Favre press conference was a decision of the public relations staff, mainly Jeff Blumb.

The offender had until 3 p.m. to admit it, and like a chicken, he or she didn't, so Blumb, NOT SHERMAN, pulled the plug.

Facts are nice things to have.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net.....all they had to do was read an article...any article... but instead they would rather rip the head coach for everything that happens that they don't like. I love the fact that they canceled the press conference. I'd rather Favre get ready for Pittsburgh rather than answer 16 different questions about his impending retirement.

tromadz....that is what they wanted to do. If the culprit would have come forward they were going to take away his press credentials for a week.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
just an excuse to avoid facing the media

I cannot believe I'm reading this comment..... What kind of kool-aid are you drinking?

Just an ex-cuse...to avoid.... facing... the MSM (main-stream-media) -- are you kiddin' me...????
The Sports World Press Corp have turned the whole issue of reporting events into a stunt, a political agenda and you think it's okay?

C'mon, people!

I wish I could be where you'd have to be in front of a bunch of people..
And, pull that same stunt on you..... let's get real here....

1. That Reporter has no respect - even for himself, let alone his family name.
2. Mike Sherman had every right to demand an apology - meaning "standing up for himself and the Packers - which (like it or not) he represents.. much in the same way I understand what "I" represent as I'm out in public.... It's the face of the Organization - which deserves defending... Sherman said - you can come after me, but not the Org. What's more... he's right on the money!

And, I took that to mean - come after me when I've left the building.... off campus.
And "we know" that Press person won't do it, either - he's hiding behind his Job title - which is the mark of...... (people).... a PU$$Y... period.

(I'd appreciate it if RYAN would leave this comment alone)

I would also aver that Sherman has the right to DEMAND that the reporter in question "prove" it was who he said.. was text messaging him, and causing him to have a great laugh in the middle of a Press conference - and refusing to share the joke among the group, as well.... Sophomoric is a nice word for that type of rudeness... and not hardly strong enough in this case....

He stated it was Javon Walker who was text messaging him, right there and then.
I say - prove it, pal......
I just don't see Javon Walker pulling such a stunt - Do you? Contract, or no!

For my money - that reporter was NOT a Packer fan and had been planted there on purpose by his Editor....

THe Press does NOT have the right to show disrespect to someone they expect to get answers from for their columns.... It's called:

COMMON COURTESY / Professionalism

What's more, I hope someone from his Office reads this posting!
He should be fired immediately for tainting his Company's public face.

Put the shoe on the other foot - let's watch any of you take Sherman's place, in that Press conference....

I dare any of ya!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just so you all know ---- I'M IN WISCONSIN, as we share our thoughts here....

I'm in Burlington with my Roomie, from the USAF - Mike Lamp - and Lake Geneva is just down the road a piece.

I'm back in the promised land..... woohoo!

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on Gakk, what are you thinking!
There is a rule regarding the cell phones.When there is a rule people are expected to abide by it.
When you break a rule you should expect to face the consequences. The person wouldn't fess up and no one would snitch the culprit out so everyone had to face the consequence.
This was handled as it should have been.

This does not mean there will be no more press conferences, it just means there won't be another one till next Wednesday.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts