No More #89! Ferguson on the move!!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well not yet. He is changing numbers to #87 until he gets cut.

It kept Martin hanging on the roster so long he may hope he will hang on the roster much longer than he should.

Also Hodge has switched from #55 to #52.

Packers.com has the story.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Switching numbers
Two Packers are changing their uniform numbers for the upcoming season.
Wide receiver Robert Ferguson, who has worn No. 89 for his first six seasons with the Packers, is switching to No. 87.

Meanwhile, linebacker Abdul Hodge, who wore No. 55 last season as a rookie, is changing to No. 52. Hodge wore No. 52 in high school in Florida and in college at Iowa, and it's the number his younger brother, Elijah, wears as a linebacker for the Wisconsin Badgers.

scharles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
CaliforniaCheez said:
I'm fine with no more 89.

I was all excited when I read the title. 87 is a great number for Fergie. The number of underacheivers it seems

Robert Brooks wore 87 and was not an underachiever. He had to call it quites early because of injury.

Brooks seemed to just disappear, I always wondered where he went...

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
pyledriver80 said:
CaliforniaCheez said:

I was all excited when I read the title. 87 is a great number for Fergie. The number of underacheivers it seems

Robert Brooks wore 87 and was not an underachiever. He had to call it quites early because of injury.

I think maybe he was talking about Martin... worlds of potential never really tapped due to injury and what not:)

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
scharles said:
rabidgopher04 said:
pyledriver80 said:
CaliforniaCheez said:

I think maybe he was talking about Martin... worlds of potential never really tapped due to injury and what not:)

Yeah, it was meant for Martin.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I looked on packers.com and packersnews.com and couldnt find a mention of it..

Just was wondering why the change

Reaction score

Probably more to do with Ferggy wanting a "Fresh start" without the baggage of his injury history.

Falling short of getting that fresh start with a new team, he decides to do it with a new number. If I'm not mistaken, Jerry Porter did the same thing with the Raiders this year,

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

Probably more to do with Ferggy wanting a "Fresh start" without the baggage of his injury history.

Falling short of getting that fresh start with a new team, he decides to do it with a new number. If I'm not mistaken, Jerry Porter did the same thing with the Raiders this year,

That is what I think it was, but what iffffffff a certain non packer, wants to be #89 if he were to be traded to the packers

:thumbsup:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts