No Love for The Pack?

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
We beat Dallas. You know that, right?

right, but they scored there at the end... remember? If Aaron Rodgers was a REAL quaterback they never woulda been able to score those points and we woulda shut them out.

Therefore they are better than us. Trust me, I took Discrete Math and that there be a proof

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree with that statement. The 2nd game got awfully close in the 2nd half. Yeah, the Vikings still won, but lets not say GB doesn't have the talent to beat the Vikings, that is BS.

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, correct? :)

From a neutral perspective, Green Bay has proven it isn't quite capable of hanging with Minnesota for four quarters. However, just to remain steadfast in my neutrality, I will make a stipulation that it is entirely "possible" (Note to self: Possible is a significant distance from probable.) that losing Kampman and replacing him with a "true" 3-4 linebacker improves the Packers' base pass rush just enough that it gets to Favre quicker, forcing him out of his comfort zone and thereby stifles the Vikings' offensive virility.

This is the unknown that I am dying to find out about - hopefully THIS post-season.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree with that statement. The 2nd game got awfully close in the 2nd half. Yeah, the Vikings still won, but lets not say GB doesn't have the talent to beat the Vikings, that is BS.
What, you got outplayed in both games badly and if you didn't see that you need a new TV or glasses. The rest of america saw you get beat up twice this year by the purple

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and people thought it would be tough to replace a legend in GB. Aaron Rodgers has a 500 record and already he is better than future HOF Favre and future HOF QB in McNabb in your eyes.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See, when we beat the raves all I heard was that they were missing 2 key players...

Well when we lost to the Vikings no one wants to say we were missing players
we informed the NFL that you were missing players but would not allow us to put an * in the results to show this. Something about all teams have injurys and it doesn't matter for some reason

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
we informed the NFL that you were missing players but would not allow us to put an * in the results to show this. Something about all teams have injurys and it doesn't matter for some reason

No ****...

thats my point..

Your fellow Vik or Brett fans were saying that is why we beat the Ravens...

But us Pack fans never used us missing our key guys as a reason why we lost to the Viks..

Try to keep up Sparky

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No ****...

thats my point..

Your fellow Vik or Brett fans were saying that is why we beat the Ravens...

But us Pack fans never used us missing our key guys as a reason why we lost to the Viks..

Try to keep up Sparky

Exactly who were you missing during the Vikings games that would have made a difference, please?

I don't seem to recall anyone?

Unless you mean "Tausher", whom TT didn't want to re-sign, like the ******* that he is.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly who were you missing during the Vikings games that would have made a difference, please?

Unless you mean "Tausher", whom TT didn't want to re-sign, like the ******* that he is.

Even if Tauscher was with us at that point, he wouldn't have been ready to play.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

In case your in a cave since Clif and Tauch have been back HEALTHY the team went from over 4 sacks a game to 1.5 a game....

Maybe it wouldnt help at all, maybe it would help some...

but the point is it would be better than having players that SUCK on the line

Again I said it before..

Minnesota is a better team, no denying it..

But would been nice to see a game when we had a healthy o-line..

Now go and spin this to suit our own pocket pool

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

You have the proof he didnt want to re-sign him?

I have proof he did re-sign him when he was HEALTHY enough to pass a physical

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and people thought it would be tough to replace a legend in GB. Aaron Rodgers has a 500 record and already he is better than future HOF Favre and future HOF QB in McNabb in your eyes.

Peyton Manning had a .500 record after his first 64 starts (4 seasons), so pointing out Rodgers above .500 record after his first 29 starts doesn't make him look bad at all.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And to go even farther on that let's compare their records here...

First 29 starts

Rodgers 15-14
Favre 17-12

Wow, a 2 game difference. All you Rodgers haters love pointing out his record, even though he's pretty equal with your boy Favre in wins after their first 29 starts.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
In case your in a cave since Clif and Tauch have been back HEALTHY the team went from over 4 sacks a game to 1.5 a game....

Maybe it wouldnt help at all, maybe it would help some...

but the point is it would be better than having players that SUCK on the line

Again I said it before..

Minnesota is a better team, no denying it..

But would been nice to see a game when we had a healthy o-line..

Now go and spin this to suit our own pocket pool
You don't get to claim you were missing Tauscher when he wasn't even on the team. And did anyone mention that Winfield didn't play the second game? Nope. And no one seems to mention that MN O-line is playing better then the beginning of the year. Everyone thinks it's only the Packer line improving while MN stays stagnant.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peyton Manning had a .500 record after his first 64 starts (4 seasons), so pointing out Rodgers above .500 record after his first 29 starts doesn't make him look bad at all.
Nobody said he wouldn't be great but to declare him better than favre & mcnabb at this point of his young career is hilarious

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't get to claim you were missing Tauscher when he wasn't even on the team. And did anyone mention that Winfield didn't play the second game? Nope. And no one seems to mention that MN O-line is playing better then the beginning of the year. Everyone thinks it's only the Packer line improving while MN stays stagnant.
yeah that doesn't matter on here because these guys like longtime guy see that it is the packers who are getting the raw deal when it comes to injurys and them only

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
yeah that doesn't matter on here because these guys like longtime guy see that it is the packers who are getting the raw deal when it comes to injurys and them only
I don't think so. MN has been pretty injury free so far this year. The Packers took a beating last year with injuries and the O-line has had a few this year. But if you don't have backups that can do the job your screwed. Tauscher should have been re-signed at the beginning of the year not after the first Vikings game. Most would not even know that the Vikings had a starting O-lineman out the last few games. Because they have a backup good enough to fill in.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I don't think so. MN has been pretty injury free so far this year. The Packers took a beating last year with injuries and the O-line has had a few this year. But if you don't have backups that can do the job your screwed. Tauscher should have been re-signed at the beginning of the year not after the first Vikings game. Most would not even know that the Vikings had a starting O-lineman out the last few games. Because they have a backup good enough to fill in.
Yeah, I would agree that that's certainly one of our biggest problems; depth. We rely so heavily on our first stringers on O-line that it seems as though if one of them goes down, we're guaranteed an upset. But, I think it's been pointed out before that one of TT's biggest drafting weaknesses was the O-line, which has been largely ignored for a while.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Winfield did miss 6 games our defensive captain and signal caller may never play again. our NFC rookie of the year canidate has missed weeks with migraines and bernard berrian was dinged up at the beginning of the year. not to mention our line got beat up by arizona

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And to go even farther on that let's compare their records here...

First 29 starts

Rodgers 15-14
Favre 17-12

Wow, a 2 game difference. All you Rodgers haters love pointing out his record, even though he's pretty equal with your boy Favre in wins after their first 29 starts.

I think it's safe to say each is the perfect QB for his team. Favre excels at making average excel, while Rodgers excels in managing games and won't lose any for you. They are polar opposites in almost every facet, but each was at the right place at the right time for Green Bay.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Winfield did miss 6 games our defensive captain and signal caller may never play again. our NFC rookie of the year canidate has missed weeks with migraines and bernard berrian was dinged up at the beginning of the year. not to mention our line got beat up by arizona
HE hasn't missed due to migraines. He has missed due to cocaines... Or is it jus pot?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Go back and re-read all of this.......Hell just re-read my post YOU quoted

Of course I can use Mark, cuz he wasnt healthy enough to pass a physical and WASNT on the team..Now he is...Damn how simple is it to understand that?

and again..

Minnesota is a BETTER team

I was just effing tired of the Viking fans claiming that we beat the Ravens cuz they were missing players..

so if thats the case then Pack fans should be able to use same excuse of missing players..

but again double standards all around

MINNESOTA IS A FAR BETTER TEAM EVEN WITH EVERY ONE HEALTHY

Better?

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm wondering whether Percy's sudden influx of migraines is being caused by not smoking dope??? I know if I drink regular coffee and suddenly switch to decaf, I get head and body aches that feel like I'm in hell. :)

PERCY - PLEASE PLAY ON SUNDAY!!!

I finished 16-3 in my big-money fantasy league without even an average QB, but because of Harvin. Now, Harvin might not play, Fitzgerald might not play - that leaves me with Donald Driver and Ocho-Stinko who is a complete head case. I'll be forced to start Justin Forsett at RB. What a waste of a first round bye!!! :(

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts